Visa Problem For European

Hi

I am staying in Bali right now and going to Kuala Lumpur with plane on 27th November, I have a flight to Europe on 29th november.

I want to flight home and come back in few days with triple entry visa so I can stay in Thailand 6 month.

Do I have to go home to Europe to get VIsa? Or can I just get a triple entry visa in Kuala Lumpur?

I dont want to bother going home, I rather stay here.

And my girlfriend lives in Thailand, so can we just cross the border from Malaysia to Hat Yai and get 14 days? How many times can you do this? Doe this have anything affect when I apply for triple entry visa?

If they see for example I crossed the border 6 times to stay 3 months in Thailand, will I be declined when I fly in from Europe. Will they give me any problems if I come back to soon?

And if I cross the border do I need to get a ticket to fly back to Europe ready?

Thank you

You might get a double entry in KL, but certainly not a triple entry. But every entry on a tourist visa can be extended by 30 days. A better option is to go to Vientianne, Laos where you can get a double entry visa for free. With two extensions of 30 days that would give you almost 6 months.

Traveling back to Europe is not necessary.

Just doing border hops is no problem, there is no official limit. Of course continues use of this might lead to questions of your reason to stay in Thailand and if you are not working illegally.

With border runs you should be really careful because by law you in order to get the visa exemption stamp (14 - 30 days depending if you arrive by air or land) you need to show an outgoing ticket of Thailand within the time you are allowed to stay in Thailand (14 - 30 days). Normally this law is not enforced at all but sometimes they request it. This happens if they see a lot of Tourist visas and extension and border runs stamps in your passport. And I think when you have made 3 or 4 continuous border runs for sure they will ask for it. So if you wanna do it like this I suggest buying a train ticket Bangkok - Butterworth. You can later cancel the ticket and get all the money back except for a fee of around 250 Baht. Easiest and cheapest way to comply with this law if you just wanna stay in Thailand doing border runs.

This law is normally not enforced but should you have the bad luck and be refused entry it will cause you a huge problem.

Asking for ticket proof seems to have more to do with nationality or time period crackdown than with the number of crossings. Have not seen any reports of such requests for last year or two and before that it seemed confined to one border only. It is very unlikely to be asked.