Here'S The Answer.

2long

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do Thaiophiles constantly defend a corrupt, feudalistic and elitist society that defines Thailand?

Why do people live in Thailand if they dont like it here?

Because I don't live in Thailand, but choose to visit multiple times per year and enjoy it for what it is.

I do not live in Thailand for the reasons in my original post. Along with the fact that farang have ZERO rights in Thailand.

And just where did I say that I do not like the country? If I did not enjoy the country, why would I continue to visit the Kingdom?

What is your excuse?

Edited by KeyserSoze01

Why do Thaiophiles constantly defend a corrupt, feudalistic and elitist society that defines Thailand?

Because I don't live in Thailand, but choose to visit multiple times per year and enjoy it for what it is. What is your excuse?

I live here full time and like it too :D

Because I don't live in Thailand, but choose to visit multiple times per year and enjoy it for what it is. What is your excuse?

So, are you denying that Thailand is a corrupt, feudalistic and elitist society Mr Thaiophile? If so, then perhaps you should do a fact-check before questioning my question. :rolleyes:

And just where did I say that I do not like the country?

Why would some people make outlandish remarks and then deny making it?

And just where did I say that I do not like the country?

Why would some people make outlandish remarks and then deny making it?

Thank you for proving my point. :whistling:

Oh dear, seems I have stuck a nerve with the resident Thaiophiles. Mission accomplished.

I have traveled the world multiple times and in all of my travels, I have never been in a more corrupt country than Thailand. That does not mean I do not enjoy the Kingdom for what it is and I believe we all know what draws farang to the country. Call it what you like and deny the reasons you are in Thailand, but anyone with half a brain knows the truth.

Edited by KeyserSoze01

So, are you denying that Thailand is a corrupt, feudalistic and elitist society Mr Thaiophile? If so, then perhaps you should do a fact-check before questioning my question. :rolleyes:

No, I am saying that I live here and choose to stay here because I like it. if you dont then go somewhere else.

I have my daily gripes about the place just like most here, but do the pros and cons on living here, for me Thailand comes out on top. I can take care of me and my family, I do not need a nanny state to back me up.

No, I am saying that I live here and choose to stay here because I like it. if you dont then go somewhere else.

I have my daily gripes about the place just like most here, but do the pros and cons on living here, for me Thailand comes out on top. I can take care of me and my family, I do not need a nanny state to back me up.

Understood, but your response is not in context with my assertion. The 'question' I posed was specific. Why do Thaiophiles defend Thailand when they know what goes on behind the scenes?

Edited by KeyserSoze01

Why can't people who like Thailand accept that others, who point out negative things about the place (which happen to be true), also like the country? Because they're ____ _____.

Because, GarryP, these people like to dwell on the negatives because that's their agenda. I can easily argue that America is corrupt, elitist, and maybe even feudalistic, as well as crime-ridden, bible-thumping, racist, etc., etc. But is that all there is to America? Of course not. Same with Thailand. There really aren't any "defenders of Thailand" that are blind to its social ills. But when the Thai-bashing nutcases come out with ridiculous statements, someone should call them on it.

I have traveled the world multiple times and in all of my travels, I have never been in a more corrupt country than Thailand. That does not mean I do not enjoy the Kingdom for what it is and I believe we all know what draws farang to the country. Call it what you like and deny the reasons you are in Thailand, but anyone with half a brain knows the truth.

Come on Keyser, come clean and tell us where you live. We know that you're a sexpat and come to Thailand for the hookers. I just want to know where you're from to understand what your definition is of a utopian society where corruption and all the other social ills don't exist. Please share.

Understood, but your response is not in context with my assertion. The 'question' I posed was specific. Why do Thaiophiles defend Thailand when they know what goes on behind the scenes?

Read my response again please. I never defended Thailand, I said I weighed up the pros and cons and choose Thailand. sure there is coruption, wouldnt you rather pay 100 baht then lose points on your license? I prefer this to losing points and having a court date to be fined for speeding or whatever.

The Thai elite do not pose a threat to me, so that doesnt stop me from enjoying the place.

Today, the word feudal is sometimes used as a general term for a set of social relationships that seems unprogressive or out of step with modern society. I gather it is this that you mean when you say Feudalistic? I would agree on this, but then that gives Thailand its charm.

If I wanted England I would have stayed there! :D