Invade It Review

ilyelol

Well i finaly needed a new computer and i used them as i saw a post on this forum a few months ago.

My last one was from one of the most reputable (from this forum) pantip dealer. Last year it cost me 30 000baht + had to later change my vid card and power supply.

This one cost me 22 000baht and relatively while keeping "computer inflation" about 2-3x as strong as what i had paid 30 000baht for

Very strong PC with 4gb ddr3 / good vid card, 30gb Solid state drive + 1TB normal drive

Took a few days(counting weekend) to make it but once it was in the shipping company hands it took less than 18hours to travel 850km.

Recommend them.. Better than dealing with thai crooks who give you fake parts or worn parts.

Related link: http://it-store.thaivisa.com

i hope in the next future they'll allign their prices with thai competitors.

I hope they dont align themselves with the Thai competitors.

I like the cheaper shop that has actual stock and offer a prompt delivery service combined with fantastic support, both during a purchase and after.

I bought some computer components from them about two years ago. Took about a week to receive them here on Phuket vs. next-day if ordered from my favorite shops in Pantip Plaza eg. Jedicool. The prices turned out to be considerably above those from Jedicool, JIB, even Banana. No particular benefit to shop with them and considerable negatives.

A few months ago, I bought an external drive through them, and have been pleased by the product, service, and price. I'd recommend them, partly for the convenience. And if that's combined with reliability, great! rolleyes.gif

I bought some computer components from them about two years ago.

They been around for two years, dayum wish I had of found them sooner.

Ive just placed an order for another graphics card and a watercooling system, they did not have the card I wanted instock, instead they directed me to another website, told me to chose and if they had in stock would send it instead.... no extra money involved, infact I found a better card nearly 2000b because of this (original card was not overpriced, the price was the same if not cheaper than I can purchase at Tukom, I hate going to Tukom hence I use Invade...I love shopping from the comfort of my home)

I paid yesterday, lunchtime today I got the email to say the goods have been packed, two hours later I got the email with shipping details and trace number for EMS, it has now left Hua Hin, I expect to take delivery on Monday.

Price paid for the items are actually cheaper than I can purchase the same good back home in OZ....happy days !!!

If Iam after anything oddball that they dont list on their website I email Thomas directly, he is more than willing to source items, infact once offered to import for me from the US wholesaler as something I wanted was not available in Thailand.

Edited by Spoonman

think they have some stuff cheaper and some other more expensive, just gotta check first elsewhere.

Like right now for a DVI to HDMI cable they quoted 1500baht, thai shops for this simple wire 420baht (300baht in USA)

Yet computer was cheaper than at thai competitors

Jedi from pantip is LOL. Half their product has been used before and repacked.

do they take credit cards these days or still only take a bank transfer? I bought a 2GB RAM for my netbook from them about a year ago and the price and the service was great, quick delivery to my PO box and very convenient when you are out in the boonies... only the bank transfer was a bit awkward...would have preferred a straight credit card transaction...

You mean raise them? I have found the prices very competitive.

i think you didn't look enough on competitors website, notebook harddrives are 10% more expensive at invadeit compared to jib.

itcity, jib, bigitshop, thanni, hardware house are the websites to check for prices before ordering from invadeit.

Those cheap websites look like they are run by 12year olds. I would not trust them with a single baht.

They might be legit now, but ONE day someone will steal your information on one of those websites(so easy to hack, or one of the poor workers) they day it happens, i wont be one of the victims.

Those cheap websites look like they are run by 12year olds. I would not trust them with a single baht.

They might be legit now, but ONE day someone will steal your information on one of those websites(so easy to hack, or one of the poor workers) they day it happens, i wont be one of the victims.

judging the book on its cover is not relevant of its content, the websites i mentionned don't keep vital informations just mail adress and delivery adress.

all payments are done using wire transfer and those shops have branches all over thailand.

before jib, bigit and hardware house opened in koh samui i ordered for my work(IT services) a lot of items from many different thai supplyers all the time flawlessly.

judging the book on its cover is not relevant of its content, the websites i mentionned don't keep vital informations just mail adress and delivery adress.

all payments are done using wire transfer and those shops have branches all over thailand.

before jib, bigit and hardware house opened in koh samui i ordered for my work(IT services) a lot of items from many different thai supplyers all the time flawlessly.

a business is suppose to be judged by its cover. That is why western business work very hard to get good publicty, and also look nice. It's also why thais fail miserably at starting small businesses. (making barely any living money)

A shit website (from the cover so the speak), forget the content, will definitely be negligent with your credit card details, if the web guys dont understand html/css/usability then they sure are hel_l dont understand security and compliance for storing CC details. Probably just thrown as is into a mySQL database, probably listening on unfirewalled 3306 on the plesk/cpanel/ensim server or whatever port (struggle to remember exact port, next vulnerability - jackpot!, that is if there are no injection attacks already available).

That said I think InvadeIT is very good website, from the "cover" it seems they know what they are doing, I wouldnt have a problem with details on this site, but nowadays I look for sites that offer Google Checkout, Paypal or Worldpay, or redirect to merchant CC site, ironic as that used to be a sign that a site was unprofessional, now its assurance.

Edited by beerian

think they have some stuff cheaper and some other more expensive, just gotta check first elsewhere.

Like right now for a DVI to HDMI cable they quoted 1500baht, thai shops for this simple wire 420baht (300baht in USA)

I bought an HDMI 1.8m cable from invadeIT for 390THB earlier this month. You must be thinking of another brand/product. Lots of stuff on the market.

OP: Thanks for the review.

Sometimes the sign of a good on-line retailer is how they deal with problems outside of simple fulfillment.

How is InvadeIT's return/exchange policy? How are their stocking levels? How do they deal with backorders? What about DOAs and warranty repair? Who pays for shipping, including returns/exchanges? How often do they re-price? How about specials, clearances and promotions?

My "bar" is set pretty high: Newegg. (I go back to the U.S. often so hand-carry back.)

For those who cannot shop in person invadeIT seems like a great option even with prices 5% higher. For a MB I'm looking at they are 6.5% more than JIB. I am close to Fortune and Panthip so I prefer to monitor on-line prices and shop in person.

I bought an HDMI 1.8m cable from invadeIT for 390THB earlier this month. You must be thinking of another brand/product. Lots of stuff on the market.

They cleared it up. Their thai supplier stopped sending them those cheaper cables and the ones they have is from a over expensive company.