Double Entry Visum

Hello everyone,

At the moment I am staying in Chiang Mai and before the 15th December I have leave Thailand to get a double entry visa so I can extend my stay here. I am in doubt about which country to go to and if it would be easiest to go go from either Chiang Mai or Bangkok and if there is any visa companies that are recommendable which can help with the arrangements and paper work?

:wai:

Thanks Lite Beer. What would be the easiest way to get to Laos from Bangkok or Chiang Mai?

The reason way I am asking is because I am right now in Chiang Mai and like it here but is planning on going to Bangkok but haven't decided if I should go to Bangkok before or after I have sorted my visa situation.

You are closer to Laos from Chiang Mai. That being said the train from BKK to Nong Khai is pretty easy (try for the one that arrives in Nong Lhai in the early morning.)

You don't need any special help to get the visa. Go to the Friendship bridge, pay for your Lao visa. Go from the bridge directly to the Thai embassy and put in your application, then get a hotel for the night. Check out at noon the next day and go back to the embassy and then back to the border.

Do remember that there are Thai holidays coming up and the embassy will be closed on those days.

You could get a bus from Arcade bus station in CM to Udon Thani for around 600bt (each way) they leave on a sunday or wed night , and from their you take a bus from Udon Thani to the Bridge (lots of people doing the same thing so its pretty easy) or you could share a taxi to the bridge with some other Expats.

The bus leaves around 8pm (I think) and gets to Udon Thani early morning around 6-7am - so you canmake it to the thai consulate before 12 to hand in your passport.

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

How much money should I plan on bringing with me?

Which currency should I take with me?

I hope to meet some people on the bus who are on the same trip as I because I am bite worried that I will do something wrong :unsure:

Baht should be fine and can not advise how much as it will be up to you. You need to pay bus/food/hotel/visa for Laos/taxi/drinks/and should always have 10-20k in reserve as that could be asked for visa issue/entry at any time.

If you travel from Chiang Mai expect most pax on a bus would be making that trip for the same reason. If your travel was from Bangkok far fewer I expect.