Strange Behavior By Thai Woman

jan1van1hooten

anyway I am glad to consider her yesterday's newspaper

Mate, I hate to burst your bubble here but you were not the one doing the rejecting. Gracious in defeat and all that. laugh.gif

actually you have not burst anyone's bubble so far, but the fact that you posted twice in succession indicates you wish you could burst a bubble.

in other words you would like to find an excuse to go around hurting other people, but make it seem like you were helping them. One psychologist labelled your personality type as a "sniper."

This thread seems to have brought out more of the problems of the other posters than any rational thought. Suggesting perhaps something has driven away anyone with brains from this forum. mmmm wonder why that would be.

In fact this woman said hello to me repeatedly when we passed on the street in a way that clearly showed interest.

so I was not "accosting" her as some nutcase on this thread has stated. when human beings cannot stop and exchange a few words on the street without being accused of some offense then we are in bad shape, and they cannot, so we are.

so far then, the most plausible explanation is that she changed her mind after talking to me or that she is another nut-job.

Considering the borderline cases (like yours) and other more severe nut-jobs who have crept out on this thread, this does not surprise me,

but I thought Thai's at least would be spared from the insanity that destroys white people.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway I am glad to consider her yesterday's newspaper

Mate, I hate to burst your bubble here but you were not the one doing the rejecting. Gracious in defeat and all that. laugh.gif

actually you have not burst anyone's bubble so far, but the fact that you posted twice in succession indicates you wish you could burst a bubble.

in other words you would like to find an excuse to go around hurting other people, but make it seem like you were helping them. One psychologist labelled your personality type as a "sniper."

This thread seems to have brought out more of the problems of the other posters than any rational thought. Suggesting perhaps something has driven away anyone with brains from this forum. mmmm wonder why that would be.

In fact this woman said hello to me repeatedly when we passed on the street in a way that clearly showed interest.

so I was not "accosting" her as some nutcase on this thread has stated. when human beings cannot stop and exchange a few words on the street without being accused of some offense then we are in bad shape, and they cannot, so we are.

so far then, the most plausible explanation is that she changed her mind after talking to me or that she is another nut-job.

Considering the borderline cases (like yours) and other more severe nut-jobs who have crept out on this thread, this does not surprise me,

but I thought Thai's at least would be spared from the insanity that destroys white people.

Oh dear!

I was getting a massage last Sunday when I noticed the lady masseuse wasn't wearing any knickers under her shorts. I complimented her on her jim and asked why she was not wearing underpants. She said Sunday was jim holiday.

Well one thing led to another, don't you know.

:blink:..

1. how does one notice a lady masseuse has no knickers under a short, lying down receiving a massage ?

Apart from that: a gentleman would NEVER ask a Thai Lady -even if she's working as a masseuse, why she isn't wearing underwear; it's simply not done and very impolite behavior.

2. "jim" .........jim holiday.......?? what's that? :unsure: ...never heard that slang before.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I don't know, but I'll hazard a guess.

You paid a poor woman from a SE Asian country to perform a sexual act upon yourself ?

Oh no , don't tell me, she found your 70 year old body irresistible and she paid you cos 50 years ago you were a good dancer. saai.gif

Edited by GM1955

I was getting a massage last Sunday when I noticed the lady masseuse wasn't wearing any knickers under her shorts. I complimented her on her jim and asked why she was not wearing underpants. She said Sunday was jim holiday.

1. how does one notice a lady masseuse has no knickers under a short, lying down receiving a massage ?

Apart from that: a gentleman would NEVER ask a Thai Lady -even if she's working as a masseuse, why she isn't wearing underwear; it's simply not done and very impolite behavior.

2. "jim" .........jim holiday.......?? what's that? :unsure: ...never heard that slang before.

LaoPo

Baggy shorts. The kind non bar worker ladies wear every day. How does one notice! You gotta be kidding. She is standing over me stretching out my leg. She is kneeling with one leg on either side of me. Also most Thai women who don't work in bars wear granny panties. When you don't see the waist band something is wrong. Where do you live in Thailand where you don't know what a "jim" is. Are you still laboring under the impression "hoy" is a term used by polite society? Impolite? Do you really not know Thai women are very earthy. I thought you spoke Thai.

LaoPo

"Jim" and "Joo-Joo" are female and male genital organs and used playfully by adults when talking to babies and very young children. For example a grandmother or aunt admonishes her grandchild "Ya dung Joo-Joo" or "dont play/pull your penis". Only used when talking to children. Not a slang used by teens or adults amonst themselves.

I don't know, but I'll hazard a guess.

You paid a poor woman from a SE Asian country to perform a sexual act upon yourself ?

Oh no , don't tell me, she found your 70 year old body irresistible and she paid you cos 50 years ago you were a good dancer. saai.gif

You sure put a lot of prejudice in a few words. Most people take a lot more space. You don't like old men having sex. (I never said how old she was). You think all women in SEA are poor and prostitutes. This, of course all follows from what you said.

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting such insulting words.

I imagine you are still living at home. Don't let mommy see what you are typing. Save your pennies and maybe someday you can come to Thailand and play with the big boys.

LaoPo

"Jim" and "Joo-Joo" are female and male genital organs and used playfully by adults when talking to babies and very young children. For example a grandmother or aunt admonishes her grandchild "Ya dung Joo-Joo" or "dont play/pull your penis". Only used when talking to children. Not a slang used by teens or adults amonst themselves.

Jim and hum are used by adults. I thought you were more knowledgeable about such things. I'm surprised.

Mark 45, you do not pronounce it hum like you are happy and humming to you yourself.

Infact it's pronounced Ham like pork and reading your posts makes us believe that you have slept with half of South East asia however I think maybe you have a Ham noi in your cotton Y- Fronts. Young Asian women do not like wrinkled old men, but you can make yourself believe what you want. :sleepy:

LaoPo

Thank you: I didn't know that but also says something about my non-experience with Thai girls/women which I indeed don't have. :) I'm very happily married to a non-Thai Lady who likes Thailand also, like I do

Not all men come to Thailand for the amazing daily experiences member mark45y seems to have with Thai women..IF they're all true of course.....I'd rather think he has a special kind of sensual/sexual imagination.....Jules Vernes' alike but different........:whistling:........Thai different :lol:

LaoPo

Mark 45, you do not pronounce it hum like you are happy and humming to you yourself.

Infact it's pronounced Ham like pork and reading your posts makes us believe that you have slept with half of South East asia however I think maybe you have a Ham noi in your cotton Y- Fronts. Young Asian women do not like wrinkled old men, but you can make yourself believe what you want. :sleepy:

Scully, I hate to disagree but it is hum like you are humming. Hum wan, hum yi, I have heard it too many times to be wrong. Do you have a Thai person with you? Say khun chop hum yi? If they don't understand let us know. You might also try khun chop hum wan?

It's pronounced ham.

Not only have I always heard it as 'ham' myself, but Mrs. 'Rakers just confirmed it to me. With her being Thai, I think she is rather well qualified to know. Perhaps it can sound different with different accents though.

Edited by Moonrakers

It's pronounced ham.

Not only have I always heard it as 'ham' myself, but Mrs. 'Rakers just confirmed it to me. With her being Thai, I think she is rather well qualified to know. Perhaps it can sound different with different accents though.

May be regional. Are you in Issan? I am in the South. Ask the Mrs, chop hum yi? Does she understand you? Bangkok and South in my experience it is pronounced hum. If I said ham they would not understand what I was talking about. หำ Maybe my American accent is the difference. It is a rising tone.

Edited by mark45y

It's pronounced ham.

May be regional. Are you in Issan? I am in the South. Ask the Mrs, chop hum yi? Does she understand you? Bangkok and South in my experience it is pronounced hum. If I said ham they would not understand what I was talking about. หำ Maybe my American accent is the difference. It is a rising tone.

I'm in Bangkok.

Mr's 'Rakers is from Bangkok/Phuket. I don't know how it's pronounced in Isaan. Perhaps it could be your accent.

It's pronounced ham.

I'm in Bangkok.

Mr's 'Rakers is from Bangkok/Phuket. I don't know how it's pronounced in Isaan. Perhaps it could be your accent.

Could be. It is also what I hear. I walk down the street and I hear, "Hum wan. by ni?"

I think I have figured out the HUM thing and I owe you Brits an apology.

Americans say ham differently than hi so Brits. Americans use a flat a. Like in I am.

If you say ha and breath out, haa then add an m. You get ham but I hear hum.

So to all the people I corrected my apologies.

The jim thing. When I first came to Thailand I used hoy which is the word for clam. Seems that was a lo so word. I will admit not being able to ask my language instructors because they were very old Thai women. I would have been embarrassed. Jim may very well be a childish word like, little girls room instead of ladies room. But it has been my experience that when I say, “jim soy maak or jim lek lek” no one gets upset.

I only mention this because those two words can be necessary to basic conversation and it is better to use words that are not offensive.

In other words necessary to everyday conversation, yet is to be avoided. Boom seems OK but I rarely use unless I am on a first name basis with the lady.

If someone knows a more polite word without getting real complicated I would be interested in learning it. Whenever I ask the Thai ladies say, boom is OK. But this is not something I have asked my teacher or nursing friends. Taxi drivers, rice field workers and ladies of the night, yes.

LaoPo

jim wan is thai for nice pussy,lol.

As most of us come from countries with wide ranging regional accents and even dialects I am amazed that a discussion is going on regarding the pronunciation of such a simple word.

Those with different origins within Thailand will surely pronounce 'Haam' with subtle differences, but when placed in context with the accent in the rest of their sentence they are understood.

However, for those who pick out the Key word when listening to Thai speech we cannot place the accent into context and thus some hear Hum, some Ham, some Haam... all are correct depending on the accent.

Mark45y... I'm surprised you even need a better word for 'Jim', I imagine that only a wink, a smile and a twinkle in your eye is all that it takes... Words are so yesterday !

Edited by richard_smith237

It's pronounced ham.

My apologies there is a big regional accent difference between North South East and West like most countries, often the Southerners can't understand the Northerners a bit like England and Scotland.

My own personal translation is more in the region of "sweet pussy" ("sweet as in sweet tasting")

(หวาน)

Sweet was my impression. Lek, small is also a compliment, I think.

Well she'd hardly be impressed by the Thai equivalent of " Christ you've got a #### the size of a ripped out fireplace love!" :D

Edited by mca

My own personal translation is more in the region of "sweet pussy" ("sweet as in sweet tasting")

(หวาน)

Sweet was my impression. Lek, small is also a compliment, I think.

Well she'd hardly be impressed by the Thai equivalent of " Christ you've got a #### the size of a ripped out fireplace love!" :D

"it's like tossing a bicycle into the Blackwall tunnel..!"

In reply to the OP's original question, there is another possible answer. Maybe the lady in question just changed her plans. Thais in particular change their minds on everything, at the drop of a hat. I've given up making plans any further than an hour ahead. That includes plans for simple things such as having a meal together to actually going somewhere important. I've learned to never get upset and I don't set any great importance to a change of plans. Nothing is written in stone in Thailand.

There is an old experment that I used to try on children. Offer them one small candy right now, or they can have a whole box full if they wait until later. Children will always choose the instant gratification rather than wait. Thais are very similar to children. They can't conceive of waiting for a better result.

In reply to the OP's original question, there is another possible answer. Maybe the lady in question just changed her plans. Thais in particular change their minds on everything, at the drop of a hat. I've given up making plans any further than an hour ahead. That includes plans for simple things such as having a meal together to actually going somewhere important. I've learned to never get upset and I don't set any great importance to a change of plans. Nothing is written in stone in Thailand.

There is an old experment that I used to try on children. Offer them one small candy right now, or they can have a whole box full if they wait until later. Children will always choose the instant gratification rather than wait. Thais are very similar to children. They can't conceive of waiting for a better result.

I agree fully on all of that Ian, but why do you think that is ??