747 Hi Tops At Phitsanlok

fred007

Just returned from Phitsanlok Airport .I saw two old 747 Jumbo Hi Tops parked at either end of the tarmac

All Engine Pods were removed and all ID markings.Just wondered why you would fly two jumbos to the middle of no where and remove the engines and leave the Fuselage to root on the tarmac? Maybe just to make it look like an Airport me thinks. I was told only 3 flights a day by Nok Air. And Nok Air are so cost affective now. you have to walk to jet across the hot tarmac to save money while the conditioned gantry they used to use just sits idle........Good for Tourism i Think not....jap.gif

They are big gliders made airborne by a chipped Vigo, sorry,economy class only. :D

biggrin.gif I did see 3 or 4 old DC3s..and one actually flying one of the days i was there.Sounded different though i think had new update motors fitted.

Not the same as the Old Radial Engines...of yester year.....wai.gif

Here's the disbursement of the 4 jumbo's ex- One-Two-Go

Delivery date Registration Observation

Boeing 747-146 30 july 2005 HS-UTD Stored at Phitsanulok 6/2008 without engines

Boeing 747-3B5 28 oct 2006 HS-UTL Stored at Phitsanulok 6/2008 without engines

Boeing 747-306 01 feb 2008 HS-UTK Ceased operations July 2008. At Udon w/o engines

Boeing 747-146B 01 dec 2006 HS-UTQ Ceased operations July 2008. Dismantled at Don Muang.

Here's the disbursement of the 4 jumbo's ex- One-Two-Go

Delivery date Registration Observation

Boeing 747-146 30 july 2005 HS-UTD Stored at Phitsanulok 6/2008 without engines

Boeing 747-3B5 28 oct 2006 HS-UTL Stored at Phitsanulok 6/2008 without engines

Boeing 747-306 01 feb 2008 HS-UTK Ceased operations July 2008. At Udon w/o engines

Boeing 747-146B 01 dec 2006 HS-UTQ Ceased operations July 2008. Dismantled at Don Muang.

cheees for the info.jap.gif

• 3 months later...

The other newsrag reports that the 747's parked at Phitsanulok are mysteriously missing all their engines and other parts.

I once lost all hub caps on my rental after parking in a dodgy neighbourhood in the Atlanta suburbs, but four 747 engines....

The other newsrag reports that the 747's parked at Phitsanulok are mysteriously missing all their engines and other parts.

I once lost all hub caps on my rental after parking in a dodgy neighbourhood in the Atlanta suburbs, but four 747 engines....

:lol:

Anyway, best place for Orient Thai planes is on the ground. :whistling:

According to the Krung Thep Phaisanee this morning, the DSI think there is some sort of a tax fiddle going on involving a dodgy sale of the engines, while Orient Thai's boss denies this...

Pssst You want Pratt & Whitney JT9D-7, I give you good price.:giggle:

According to the Krung Thep Phaisanee this morning, the DSI think there is some sort of a tax fiddle going on involving a dodgy sale of the engines, while Orient Thai's boss denies this...

Pssst You want Pratt & Whitney JT9D-7, I give you good price.:giggle:

Could I fit one to my Nouvo? I've seen some adapter plates on ebay.

I recently saw a gutted airplane in a lot on ramkamhaeng a bit past lam sari intersect., thought to myself, thats going to attract kids to play in; hope no one gets hurt. Oh well; TIT

I heard the pilot fled the scene. They're still looking for him. :rolleyes:

What about the Jumbo dumped at Udon airport !

Why don't you read the whole short thread first? The engineless birds and Phits and partially engined one at Udon have been there a while. Moat airlines rent the engines so chances are when the planes were relocated to their final destinations, the engines were removed and returned to the lessor. The recent CSD 'intervention' is funny since the aircraft have obviously been hidden in plain sight for a fair few years with their operational history and ownership in the public domain since they were built.

Airline sites list them as Ex One-Two-Go.

HS-UTD and HS-UTL stored without engines since 06/2008

Find that hard to believe. Even during their heyday, I figure that One-Two-Go never had 747-400s in their fleet. I suppose anything is possible.