Something Is Biting Me

james24

Cheers guys

Im gonna do absolutely everything. Burning lavender and eucalyptus oil as we speak. Bought some matches and gonna completely sulphur out the room tommorow. Gonna wash all my clothes with dettol so that might help too

So scabies is the sailors disease then transam.... oh god.

Ill try the talcum powder aswell as everything else and will let you know what happens.

Now all I gotta do is find a s washing machine that will boil my clothes. Thatll be easy lol

Edited by james24

After reading this thread and reading up on scabies I believe I may have had them last year. In between my fingers were scabies type scabs and when hot would become very itchy. I had 4 months in Britain during the winter when it snowed for 4 months and returned to Thailand scabies free.

I honestly thought I had developed some sort of eczema but I never really thought about it until reading this thread, does the cold kill these little bug gers?.

You write: "I don't know what it is but something is biting me and my girlfriend in my apartment. They leave redmarks and seem to bite all over the body in quick succession."

If you mean that you find small red marks like a needle was stuck into the skin every 1/16th, to 1/8th inch (2-5mm apart) that is actually a classical sign of scabies.

The mites burrow under the skin, coming up for air, often in linear fashion. Once with a patient in an ED (when I was assisting as a student) I thought what I was looking at was "needle tracks" from a heroin user. Nope, just scabies (mites).

Here the product that you use to get rid of them contains (I believe) pyrethrums which is a pesticide derived from certain flowers. The gell mentioned probably contains this or another pesticide.

If you can find a 5 power or more magnifier, you can actually look and see the tiny tunnels that connect the red marks. Any pharmacy should be able to sell you a salve and what was said about doctors "ignoring them," is unfortunately true--the client that I had in the ED (pathetically) was never treated for scabies.

You need to find a salve, and wash all clothing, bedding and towels, etc. with hot water (120 degrees Fahrenheit). Finding hot washers is becoming difficult these days, if so, wash them and then dry them in a dryer for about 20 minutes beyond dry, that way the bedding should reach 120 degrees.

Use google.com images and look at scabies bite photos. Also look up http://www.ehow.com/video_5238869_tell-bedbugs.html which shows how to search for bedbug evidence.

Both are gross, but scabies are easier to get rid of, so hope for scabies. The salve will kill them promptly.

Last night was quite bad. Me and the woman were itching like crazy.

Its so strange because sometimes its itchy and there is no mark and sometimes its itchy and there is a a mark.

Also it is in many places on our bodies not just one area.

Im just gonna do eveyything for fleas, flying little buggers and scabies. Something ahs to work.

Cheesr guys

In case the symptoms are red papules, itching and small areas of rash developing then I'd say there's a chance you've got scabies.

This also matches your description that you cant see what is biting you. I dont know whether you've developed rash in small areas where mite droppings are gathering. If this is a case of scabies it will take about a month for this to develop, so please get checked for scabies - you have no idea how common scabies are amongst dogs and cats in this country.

I agree. Scabies are easy to pick up, If it is scabies, the itching will be a lot worse after sunset. We picked it up as well a few years ago. Went to the hospital but they didn't believe us and kept saying it was flees. At any rate, we left the hospital with scabies medicine: medication and lotion. the lotion immediately killed the itch.

http://firstaid.webmd.com/scabies-treatment

http://www.myscabiestreatment.com/

Are you sure this was scabies?

Speaking from experience I don't think you can "immediately kill the itch". The scabies flea penetrates under skin so that even if you kill the fleas and destroy the eggs, your body will react to the foreign bodies and excretia left behind under the skin i.e you will itch and maybe even have rashes over your body for days, weeks and sometimes months after the infestation has been destroyed. Some people than over-medicate themselves i.e. continue treating their bodies with toxic chemicals to the extent of developing reactions to these chemicals. Check out the web for scabies horror stories.

Its so strange because sometimes its itchy and there is no mark and sometimes its itchy and there is a a mark.

Im just gonna do eveyything for fleas, flying little buggers and scabies. Something ahs to work.

Cheesr guys

james24,

go see a qualified physician. A doctor. At the hospital. Today. Subito.

Stop stabbing in the dark.

Edited by Forethat

In case the symptoms are red papules, itching and small areas of rash developing then I'd say there's a chance you've got scabies.

This also matches your description that you cant see what is biting you. I dont know whether you've developed rash in small areas where mite droppings are gathering. If this is a case of scabies it will take about a month for this to develop, so please get checked for scabies - you have no idea how common scabies are amongst dogs and cats in this country.

I agree. Scabies are easy to pick up, If it is scabies, the itching will be a lot worse after sunset. We picked it up as well a few years ago. Went to the hospital but they didn't believe us and kept saying it was flees. At any rate, we left the hospital with scabies medicine: medication and lotion. the lotion immediately killed the itch.

http://firstaid.webm...abies-treatment

http://www.myscabiestreatment.com/

Are you sure this was scabies?

Speaking from experience I don't think you can "immediately kill the itch". The scabies flea penetrates under skin so that even if you kill the fleas and destroy the eggs, your body will react to the foreign bodies and excretia left behind under the skin i.e you will itch and maybe even have rashes over your body for days, weeks and sometimes months after the infestation has been destroyed. Some people than over-medicate themselves i.e. continue treating their bodies with toxic chemicals to the extent of developing reactions to these chemicals. Check out the web for scabies horror stories.

It was scabies. I should have said; the lotion immediately relieved the itch. And we only had bites under our arms, under our knees, buttocks, basically all creases of the body. And the typical bad itching after sunset. I know what flee bites are and in the hospital they kept saying flees. We knew that wasn't it. Basically, they refused to look at us. All we wanted was an opinion from a doctor, I'm not used to doctors who are ashamed to look at a patient's body... Back at home, I talked to my doctor and he confirmed..

Edited by Louie77

Cheesr guys

Chuck the mattress in the garden and set light to it. Then buy a Dunlopillo mattress which is made or rubber, bit more expensive but great. :)

I did think of that. The matress is a rubber one.. Well it is on the outside anyway.

ive thrown a load of stuff out including the broom and a couple of bags.

I've found two things since blitzing my room.

One was these little transparent looking things. They move bloody fast, Im guessing they are fleas...? Urrrhhh

And two are these little flies. They are not mozzys but apparently according to my girlfriend are only killed when you snap them in half. lol

Trying to catch them is hard enough.

The room at the moment is covered in salt and all my possesion bar this comp are in sealed type black bags. Lavender and tea tree is being waffed into the air evey couple of hours so hopefully this will help.

It could be something in the air aswell as you can actually see some sort of particle sailing around. Anyways Im on complete stealth mode right now so nothing will last long.

I've found two things since blitzing my room.

One was these little transparent looking things. They move bloody fast, Im guessing they are fleas...? Urrrhhh

And two are these little flies. They are not mozzys but apparently according to my girlfriend are only killed when you snap them in half. lol

Trying to catch them is hard enough.

The room at the moment is covered in salt and all my possesion bar this comp are in sealed type black bags. Lavender and tea tree is being waffed into the air evey couple of hours so hopefully this will help.

It could be something in the air aswell as you can actually see some sort of particle sailing around. Anyways Im on complete stealth mode right now so nothing will last long.

Why not call pest control and have them spray the entire place..? (on the other hand, if these little buggers are in the entire building it will not take long before they find their way back.

Gee, what a nightmare - get managament involved, surely there must be others in the building affected as well?

I asked reception and they said no other room had complained about this. I did ask some other people here but they came up with the same answer.

Management did offer to clean my room for free for which was nice but Ill take them up on that once Ive blitzed every possible option.

Had Dengue fever recently, now possible scabies or fleas, a real eye opener to things Id never encountered and to some extent heard of back home.

Quite lucky they all cureable though

Had Dengue fever recently, now possible scabies or fleas, a real eye opener to things Id never encountered and to some extent heard of back home.

Quite lucky they all cureable though

There is no cure for Dengue Fever. There a a number of therapies available, but no cure. Treating Dengue involves supporting treatment, no different from the usual treatment for an influenza. There is also no vaccine available.

Really? I dont believe that to be true about the dengue.

I was in Uk a couple of months and was schooled rigorously by a G.P.

It does leave or is not in your system after 18months during which time you are immune to catching it again . Not to sure what the issue is regarding the passing of it to another human via blood like HIV but I dont think you can.

The symptoms also disappear after six to eight.months normally.

Really? I dont believe that to be true about the dengue.

I was in Uk a couple of months and was schooled rigorously by a G.P.

It does leave or is not in your system after 18months during which time you are immune to catching it again . Not to sure what the issue is regarding the passing of it to another human via blood like HIV but I dont think you can.

The symptoms also disappear after six to eight.months normally.

Your G.P. didn't school you well enough.

Dengue has no "cure", It plays itself out just like the flu or a cold.

You are not "immune" to Dengue after you have had it. You are only immune to that strain of Dengue. I believe there are currently 4 strains of Dengue and that 2 of them are present in Thailand.

Sabu-Sabu Natural Body Care products can eliminate little critters in your home. The products are readily available in Chiang Mai, but if you live elsewhere you can probably have them sent to you if they're not in your local store.

Sabu-Sabu

Sabu-Sabu Natural Body Care products can eliminate little critters in your home. The products are readily available in Chiang Mai, but if you live elsewhere you can probably have them sent to you if they're not in your local store.

Sabu-Sabu

Thanks Mr Brad. I actually live in Chiang Mai, do you know where they might stock it...?

UPDATE

Found the address on contact us page. Cheers man

Edited by james24