Has Anyone Flown Egyptair Recently?

edwinchester

Thanks for the link tolsti.

I just went ahead and bought a ticket with Egyptair for next March at 26765 bht.

By far the cheapest except for AirAsia which was coming in at just about 25k but Heathrow is alot more convenient for me than Stansted.

Comes in at #6 in the list of the world's most dangerous aircraft

Yes I saw that.......just after I booked a flight :D

Oh well, at least they are only slightly higher up the table than Thai!

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyboby !

I just book a return flight from GVA to BKK with Egyptair for July/august 11. Did anyone fly wtth them lately ? I'm not worried about the GVA-CAI flight which is a 4 hours duration flight with a Boeing 737-800

The CAI-BKK flight will operate with a Boeing 777-200/300 at 23.45 MS960

Same Aircraft for return flight at 02.15 MS961

Duration is just more than 9 hours.

I must say that I'm a bit more worried about the both flights mentioned above. Do they use old or new 777 ? How is the service (food/drinks) during the flight ?

I will appreciate any information .

Edited by Lionfish1975

• 3 months later...

I recently flew BKK-CAI-LHR return with EgyptAir, all sectors were by modern B777-300ERs with 3-3-3 seating & seat-back IFE, so the clapped-out B777 with 3-4-3 seats must have been reassigned since some of the reviews.

They are 'dry', no alcohol served, and the food & IFE were poorer than one gets on the Gulf-based airlines, but it was a very-cheap ticket, so no biggie.

The change at Cairo, where they all seem very proud of their new terminal-3, was only so-so. But they allow plenty of time between connecting-flights.

Their FF-card gets you an immediate extra 5 kgs of hold-luggage, and most people on the first two flights were carrying 2 carry-ons, so they're definitely weight-friendly, important when carrying-back 'goodies' for-the-family or myself !

I'll be using them again, so long as their fares stay low, in summary "cheap, but not too nasty".