Pattaya Jetskis

sharecropper

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A BIG well done to Pattaya One.

:clap2:

Now wouldn't it be terrible if the beach road area, particularly the Mikes Mall area was to become littered with copy's.

Some people are just so lazy leaving their papers laying around after reading them.

Free to download off the internet and print as many as you like.

Edited by kevkev1888

yes nice job there.

but it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

spend even a relatively short time on the beach (esp near mike's) and sooner rather than later one will unfold infront of you.

it's cheap entertainment except for the 1 who hired the jet ski

yes nice job there.

but it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

spend even a relatively short time on the beach (esp near mike's) and sooner rather than later one will unfold infront of you.

it's cheap entertainment except for the 1 who hired the jet ski

Yes well done Pattaya One the story was well put together , but the scam is everywhere along the beach and the guys who are hiring these skis are also the chair hirers it is more than a scam it is criminal agrevated theft .

What I found particularly offensive about this story was that when the Tourist Police turned up, not only did they not arrest the crook who was waving a knife on a public beach, but they actually colluded in making the tourists hand over 5,000 baht. The TP live in Pattaya and know the score as well as the rest of us, and they still allowed these guys to be ripped off. Not only will these first time tourists not be coming back to Pattaya, none of their friends will either. And how many times does this happen every week?

Very good to Pattayaone for this story.

2 days ago I saw these same people scamming some Iranians pointing to the same rubber trim.

The day before that they were doing it to some Russians. The same police man shows up every time.

Sorry for the bad photo quality

not the same cop i came across twice, mine had a moustache

2 days ago I saw these same people scamming some Iranians pointing to the same rubber trim.

The day before that they were doing it to some Russians. The same police man shows up every time.

He must be Thai mafia then

i have seen them on Thai soaps, ALL mafia men have moustaches

In among the postings on the News Clippings thread was this very useful suggestion for people who want to take some kind of sensible action, from one of the regular posters on the Pattaya forum:

If you guys want to do something productive, email TAT. If they get enough emails from concerned tourists, maybe something will be done...like was done in Phuket. It can't hurt, and won't take much of your time. There is a "contact us" spot on the bottom of the web page. Get involved, send an email!

http://www.tourismthailand.org/

Or direct link to the contact us form:

http://www.tourismthailand.org/contact-us/

He must be Thai mafia then

i have seen them on Thai soaps, ALL mafia men have moustaches

think the same guy in this video

What I found particularly offensive about this story was that when the Tourist Police turned up, not only did they not arrest the crook who was waving a knife on a public beach, but they actually colluded in making the tourists hand over 5,000 baht. The TP live in Pattaya and know the score as well as the rest of us, and they still allowed these guys to be ripped off.

Do you honestly believe the Tourist Police are there to protect tourists? They are there to police the tourists and make sure they don't cause trouble for Thais. Even those trying to rip them off. Reality attack needed! Edited by RusticCharm

A week or so I overheard a group of Irish tourists at a restaurant talk about how they were going to go out soon to rent jetskis and what a great time it was going to be. Should we try to warn naive tourists? I didn't of course and I don't think many people would, but should we?

Edited by Jingthing

A week or so I overheard a group of Irish tourists at a restaurant talk about how they were going to go out soon to rent jetskis and what a great time it was going to be. Should we try to warn naive tourists? I didn't of course and I don't think many people would, but should we?

I think in that case we should. Being Irish I have to admit I am slightly biased but it is equally maddening to see any gullible tourists being robbed this way.

FWIW I sent an email today to the Irish Consul enclosing the link to the story and advising that Irish Government advice to travellers to Thailand be updated urgently advising of these scams. I would be very surprised if the Consulate were not aware of this recent incident.

[email protected] for any one who would wish to do the same.

I have emailed the TAT already about the Pattaya jet ski criminals and the police helping them .....needless to say no reply.

I will definitely warn any tourists i overhear talking about jet ski rental .......in fact i plan to leaflet beach road with some small flyers when i arrive later in December.....have printer will fuc_k with the criminals...:ph34r: even i only a few dozen tourists see them its a few dozen les that they can scam and its a few dozen who will tell other newbie tourists to stay away from the beach scammers ....job done.

The sad thing is that even if we managed to close the jet ski scam dwon completely that still leaves another 1001 scams available.

In the land of scams nothing is going to change unless their is a cultural shift and endemic corruption is rooted out of Thai society.

Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

I have emailed the TAT already about the Pattaya jet ski criminals and the police helping them .....needless to say no reply.

I will definitely warn any tourists i overhear talking about jet ski rental .......in fact i plan to leaflet beach road with some small flyers when i arrive later in December.....have printer will fuc_k with the criminals...:ph34r: even i only a few dozen tourists see them its a few dozen les that they can scam and its a few dozen who will tell other newbie tourists to stay away from the beach scammers ....job done.

If you are planning to leaflet you should put russian and arabic on it and maybe hindu besides english. I personally have not seen too many euopeans caught up in this scam latley. Just be extreemly carfull when distributing them as not to get caught. They could fine you littering or try a possibly defamation of character suite if the jet ski mofia really want to push it.

I have also got no response from an email to TAT from about a week ago.

What might be good also is informing:

Office of Prevention and Suppression of Corruption in Government.

99/31 Moo 4, Software Park Chaengwattana Klong Pak Kret, Nonthaburi 11120 salt.

Tel. 02-502-8285-6.

e-mail: [email protected].

http://www.pacc.go.t...php?mod=contact

I think in that case we should. Being Irish I have to admit I am slightly biased but it is equally maddening to see any gullible tourists being robbed this way.

FWIW I sent an email today to the Irish Consul enclosing the link to the story and advising that Irish Government advice to travellers to Thailand be updated urgently advising of these scams. I would be very surprised if the Consulate were not aware of this recent incident.

Based on my experience you'd get better results writing a letter to Santa in Lapland than dealing with the so-called Irish consulate in Bangkok. Don't expect any help there.

I also think handing out leaflets could be potentially dangerous. As far as warning tourists personally, my impression is that most tourists would NOT welcome such meddling from expats who are strangers. In the times I have offered unsolicited help and advise to tourists here, the reactions have generally been a bit hostile.

Edited by Jingthing

If you are planning to leaflet you should put russian and arabic on it and maybe hindu besides english. I personally have not seen too many euopeans caught up in this scam latley. Just be extreemly carfull when distributing them as not to get caught. They could fine you littering or try a possibly defamation of character suite if the jet ski mofia really want to push it.

I have also got no response from an email to TAT from about a week ago.

What might be good also is informing:

Office of Prevention and Suppression of Corruption in Government.

99/31 Moo 4, Software Park Chaengwattana Klong Pak Kret, Nonthaburi 11120 salt.

Tel. 02-502-8285-6.

e-mail: [email protected].

http://www.pacc.go.t...php?mod=contact

Only if he hangs around long enough after being disharged from hospital.

Walking round handing out leaflets warning about the jet ski criminals......suicidal idea......

sneakily sticking them onto lamp posts, other areas around beach road and leaving them with the other tourist info leaflets at the ATM etc.......a better plan,i am aware these guys are violent criminals ....i wil pick my time carefully....only when there are no eyes :jap: .

As far as tourists who may not want to hear any advice about whether to rent or not......just say check out the story on the internet.....almost everybody under fifty goes online on a daily basis these days......even on holiday.

I do wonder why the Pattaya hotels dont have signs up warning their guests about this.....i have read that at least some of the better Phuket hotels do have warning signs in place.

Based on my experience you'd get better results writing a letter to Santa in Lapland than dealing with the so-called Irish consulate in Bangkok. Don't expect any help there.

I would not be expecting any great results. At least they acknowledged e.mail and told me they were forwarding it to Embassy in Malaysia. Now for Santa. Dear Santa......... :rolleyes:

There should be some sort of warning signs near the beach area , beware of jetski scams , maybe we could ask the Pattaya Mayor to do something?

Yeah maybe he could replace those huge billboards promoting himself about what e great job he did with the pedestrian lights with some announcing the scams going on in his city............................however I think they don't have big enough billboards to simply list them all.

I would not be expecting any great results. At least they acknowledged e.mail and told me they were forwarding it to Embassy in Malaysia. Now for Santa. Dear Santa......... :rolleyes:

Pattaya jetski scams

InboxX

Reply |[email protected] to me, ireland, Sharifah.Shaha.

show details Dec 3 (1 day ago)

[email protected]

to

[email protected],

[email protected]

dateFri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:02 AM

subjectPattaya jetski scams

mailed-bydfa.ie

hide details Dec 3 (1 day ago)

Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for contacting us in relation to this problem. We are now in the process of updating our travel advice to take account of it.

With best regards,

Shane Stephens

Deputy Head of Mission

Embassy of Ireland

Kuala Lumpur

If they follow through it will give me some satisfaction that it might save a few naive Paddies from falling foul of these vultures. :huh:

Pattaya jetski scams

InboxX

Reply |[email protected] to me, ireland, Sharifah.Shaha.

show details Dec 3 (1 day ago)

[email protected]

to

[email protected],

[email protected]

dateFri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:02 AM

subjectPattaya jetski scams

mailed-bydfa.ie

hide details Dec 3 (1 day ago)

Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for contacting us in relation to this problem. We are now in the process of updating our travel advice to take account of it.

With best regards,

Shane Stephens

Deputy Head of Mission

Embassy of Ireland

Kuala Lumpur

If they follow through it will give me some satisfaction that it might save a few naive Paddies from falling foul of these vultures. :huh:

That's a real result. Congrats.

Recently significant numbers of tourists have been threatened with violence and robbed while trying to rent jet ski equipment in Pattaya and Phuket. Please seek local advice on the reputation of any rental firm before approaching it.

Words are now in the irish department of foreign affairs website. Drill down throught Travel Advice and you will see it.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=8493

• 3 weeks later...