Interpol issues 'red notice' for arrest of WikiLeaks' Julian Assange

News_Editor

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

</h2>

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has close links to the Economist, controlled by the Rothschild banking family

Jane Burgermeister | URL: http://wp.me/puNtl-YnWikileaks founder Julian Assange has won an award from the "Economist" magazine, a financial publication controlled by the Rothschild banking family, and he has also featured on an "Economist" video clip, raising questions about his alliegance. A bank run triggered by Wikileaks data leaks would result in the robbery of millions of people because of the way the fractional reserve banking system works.

Is a false flag bank run hyped by the media and carried out by a Rothschild operative being planned to rob millions and to implement emergency laws?

Julian Assange, the Wikileaks founder who plans to leak bank documents that will take down „one or two" major banks according to Forbes, has won an award from the Economist, a magazine belonging to the Economist group, half of which is owned by the Financial times, a subsidiary of Pearson PLC. A group of independent shareholders, including many members of the staff and the Rothschild banking family of England. Read more of this post

A little historic but a somewhat overlooked fact. Bankers love chaos it gives them power over nations and their peoples. Edited by siampolee

Lawyer Bjorn Hurtig, representing Mr Assange in Sweden where the charges were laid, said the papers reveal both women had "hidden agendas" and lied about being coerced into having sex.

I always believe people's lawyers. They would never mislead the public on behalf of their clients. :lol:

What I have a hard time digesting is if Assange is so squeeky clean, why doesn't he simply return to Sweden and clear up his case?

He has been in hiding and, when he finally surrendered, he begins fighting extradition to Sweden. If he is innocent of the legal charges as his attorney claims, he can then return to his previous role in life.

The US isn't going to kill him. The last thing they want is a martyr right now. The Russians on the other hand......

Anybody?

What do you mean the U.S is going to kill him? U.S politicians and other powerful people in the USA are calling for him to be assasinated. They came out in public rallying the people of America to kill him. To say that America is going to kill him is ridiculous they have already put a huge target on his back.

Do you have any links to support this contention?

<br />Not sure who has documented the death threats to Assange but he mentions Islamic, African kleptocrats,??? American militant groups and others unnamed.Sounds like he has enemies closer than the US that he can worry over.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I don't know about that, I think the U.S is his greatest threat. Some very high profile people in the the American Government have already pulled the trigger and put him to death. I am talking about those that came out in the media and T.V and openly called for his assasination. All this before he has been charge with anything or faced a court to be proven guilty. Because of these actions he could very well be a dead man walking.

Lawyer Bjorn Hurtig, representing Mr Assange in Sweden where the charges were laid, said the papers reveal both women had "hidden agendas" and lied about being coerced into having sex.

I always believe people's lawyers. They would never mislead the public on behalf of their clients. :lol:

What I have a hard time digesting is if Assange is so squeeky clean, why doesn't he simply return to Sweden and clear up his case?

He has been in hiding and, when he finally surrendered, he begins fighting extradition to Sweden. If he is innocent of the legal charges as his attorney claims, he can then return to his previous role in life.

The US isn't going to kill him. The last thing they want is a martyr right now. The Russians on the other hand......

Anybody?

What do you mean the U.S is going to kill him? U.S politicians and other powerful people in the USA are calling for him to be assasinated. They came out in public rallying the people of America to kill him. To say that America is going to kill him is ridiculous they have already put a huge target on his back.

Sorry to bust your bubble but, where did I say the US was going to kill him?

I distinctly said the US isn't (IS NOT) going to kill him as they do not need a martyr on their hands.

As far as what a couple of people might have said, I am certain if they are found to be trying to put out a contract on the guy, it will be found out and they will be legally dealt with.

I expect he is in more danger from a jilted and discarded girlfriend than he is from the US government. :lol:

If there is a target on his back, he put it there himself.

Other than all the above, your post was fine.

Have you seen the millions in donations pouring in for his defense? He's going to laugh all the way to the bank after the case against him is dropped.

btw - this first woman is probably pretty friendless now, dontchya think? She was happy in her little leftist world, worshipping her hero, throwing him a party, now she do this to him? I'd be surprised if she has any friends left (pardon the pun).

I'll bet not.

<br />Not sure who has documented the death threats to Assange but he mentions Islamic, African kleptocrats,??? American militant groups and others unnamed.Sounds like he has enemies closer than the US that he can worry over.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I don't know about that, I think the U.S is his greatest threat. Some very high profile people in the the American Government have already pulled the trigger and put him to death. I am talking about those that came out in the media and T.V and openly called for his assasination. All this before he has been charge with anything or faced a court to be proven guilty. Because of these actions he could very well be a dead man walking.

Not a chance in hell since he'll never wak the streets of the USA. He might make it to Cuba though at this rate. As a "journalist" I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to get the inside story on the place.

If only this would have been about an other nation having egg on it`s face, the u.s would be up in arms defending the leaks. They would use the same old mantras about freedom of speech and all those things they keep on telling each other that they seem to have so much of.

It would than be something which could save life's and could make the world a better place, since having secrets would be a mortal sin to the honest and open world they always talk about. They would state they their nation would defend those values at any cost for the well being of the nation and the world`s inhabitants. We all know the usual blah blah empty speeches.

But it is not about another nation, so they fall back on to what they always do when feeling attacked, and not much is needed for that by the way. Every argument I have seen on this board which was once in one way or another used to defend the honor and the free and whatever mantras always used, is now reversed, adapted or used as not intended in their defense.

Politicians openly talking about assassinating the ones who have done "so much damage" to their country and not being thrown out and banned for life from whatever public function, show what the so called democracy is really about. In most countries they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes before being told to pack and leave and never come back.

Too bad most americans cannot read in other languages, if they could, they would know how the reactions to those statements are, it makes " the leaks" and all the alleged damage look rather insignificant.

Great stuff and spot on.

Thanks

I'll bet not.

I'm surprised Venturalaw and Koheesti are so ill informed...<_<

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bqtIafdoH_g

Professor Tom Flanagan Calls for the Assassination of Julian Assange on CBS NETWORK

Rage against Julian Assange and Wikileaks (Tom Flanagan, Bill O'Reilly, Megyn Kelly)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=x6N0KHuJot8

A Fascist Call: Kill Julian Assange (Wiki Leaks) | Gerald Celente's Take

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Also interesting following the tweets that there are no reports of a "hang him high" protest. Appears to be only supporters outside the court? Is it reasonable to assume that public opinion against Assange is nowhere near as bad as some would like us to believe?

3.25pm: Assange has been granted bail, to cheers from inside and outside the court.

http://www.guardian....ates?intcmp=239

:thumbsup:

LaoPo

It is a good day for freedom of speech :thumbsup:

The specific case before the court had nothing to do with freedom of speech but, only concerned his bail application whilst fighting? extradition to Sweden for questioning on alleged sex offenses

3.25pm: Assange has been granted bail, to cheers from inside and outside the court.

http://www.guardian....ates?intcmp=239

:thumbsup:

LaoPo

It is a good day for freedom of speech :thumbsup:

The specific case before the court had nothing to do with freedom of speech but, only concerned his bail application whilst fighting? extradition to Sweden for questioning on alleged sex offenses

thanks for keeping me up to date ;)

Still, some say Assange's case is NOT politically motivated, when a bail was set for between GBP 200-240.000.....

Bail for sexual allegations...?? yeah sure.

(read from bottom upwards)

4.08pm: Speaking outside the court, John Pilger said it was a "disgrace" that Assange was held in solitary confinement (Assange was put on his own at the request of his lawyers).

Pilger said too many conditions were set on bail.

twitter.gif4.02pm: Two good Twitter jokes:

Evengeny Morozov: Dear Anonymous: Don't DDoS Assange's ankle bracelet. It won't help.

Newsnight reporter Paul Mason: Assange 10pm curfew bail conditions mean he cannot appear live on #newsnight.

3.55pm: Instant reaction from Assange's supporters, courtesy of PA:

Jemima Khan, who earlier offered a surety on behalf of Assange, said: "It's great news. I can hear them all cheering outside."

Novelist Tariq Ali said: "I'm very pleased that he is out. I think the extradition charges should now be dealt with in the same way. His barrister made the same point, that this is not rape under English law and there is absolutely no reason for extradition. We are delighted he is out and he should never have been locked up in the first place."

Author Yvonne Ridley said: "It is a victory for common sense. If he had been refused bail, it would have meant the court had become a political arena."

Gavin MacFadyen, of the Centre for Investigative Journalism, said: "I am very pleased and it is about time. We do not know what the prosecution will do now. And there is still a possibility of an appeal."

3.50pm: Here's our story on today's decision.

3.46pm: More on the bail conditions.

• Surety of £240,000, according to BBC News

• Curfew from 10am-2pm and 10pm-2am

• Assange must report to the police station every day at 6pm

3.36pm: Hang on. Swedish prosecutors plan to launch an appeal against the decision to grant Assange bail. They have two hours to do lodge an appeal. Assange will not be freed until that process is over.

A lawyer for Assange predicted that the he won't be released tonight, according to Mostrous.

3.34pm: Assange's bail conditions include surrendering his passport, a curfew, and an electronic tag.

3.31pm: Assange's next court appearance will be January 11 2011. (Sorry about the technical problems in the last few minutes).

http://www.guardian....al-live-updates

LaoPo

4.21pm: Vikram Dodd reports:

Mark Stephens, Assange's lawyer, said Assange could be in custody for several days until the £200,000 is security is raised.

Stephens added that a total of £1m in sureties had been pledged to support Assange's bail application.

Vaughn Smith, one of the people offering security, is the founder of the FrontLine club in west London. Once he is released, Assange will stay at Smith's estate, Ellingham Hall, in Suffolk, and report to a nearby police station at Bungay every evening.

4.18pm: Speaking outside the court, Ken Loach said it was "good news" that Assange had been granted bail.

Clearly, if the Swedish government opposes bail it will show there is some vindictiveness beyond this case. It will show there is some political element that goes beyond the case.

4.17pm: Assange has left the court and is thought to be on way back to Wandsworth prison, according to Channel 4 News.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2010/dec/14/wikileaks-julian-assange-court-appeal-live-updates

LaoPo

He's probably safer in jail, in solitary confinement than out on the street where he would have to dodge evil CIA assassins.

Why in the world would the CIA or any other 3 letter group from the govt want to kill Assange?

If these recent topics here are any indication the whole WikiLeak thing is doing the govt a big favor as the govt spin the whole thing more & more into talks about whether Assange is right or wrong to release details of indiscretions by our government officials.....

All the while totally ignoring any of the indiscretions themselves.

While Zobama "calls to the leaders of Turkey and Mexico, expressed regret for "the deplorable action by Wikileaks."

Never once does he address the actual cause of the reaction/ content of the leaks.

Same here on this forum

He11 at this rate they should pay Assange for taking all the spot light off off them....but of course it is their very own engineering anyway.....

Watch the right hand kids

Edited by flying

WikiLeaks, Web to revolutionize reporting: John Pilger

By Mike Collett-White

LONDON | Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:25pm EST

(Reuters) - Revelations on the WikiLeaks website which have enraged governments around the world should force the traditional media to rely less on official sources, award-winning journalist John Pilger* said.

In an interview to discuss his film "The War You Don't See," the veteran Australian reporter told Reuters the Internet, and more specifically WikiLeaks, would bring about a "revolution" in journalism which too often failed to do its job properly.

One reason the media did not challenge the U.S. and British governments' justification for going to war in Iraq in 2003, later shown to be misplaced, was their eagerness to believe the official version of events, Pilger argued.

He said the same was true of television coverage of the Israeli attack on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla, when British broadcasters appeared willing only to use Israeli video rather than trawling the Internet for alternative footage.

"That mindset that only authority can really determine the 'truth' on the news, that's a form of embedding that really now has to change," said Pilger, who has covered conflicts in Vietnam and Cambodia, written books and made several acclaimed documentaries.

"There's no question about the pressure on it to change coming from the Internet and coming from WikiLeaks -- it will change," he added in the interview ahead of Tuesday evening's broadcast of his new film.

"That is the canker in all of this, it's the compulsion to quote, not necessarily believing the authority source. But then once you quote it and you put it out on the wires or you broadcast it, it takes on a sort of mantle of fact and that's where the whole teaching of journalism is wrong.

"Authority has its place, but the skepticism about authority must be ingrained in people."

More:

http://www.reuters.c...me=ustechnology

* John Pilger: http://en.wikipedia....iki/John_Pilger

LaoPo

Anybody?

Do you really need to resort to hyperbole to garner support? Goodness gracious, this is getting old. Hmm, a Canadian professor and ex-political advisor said he should be killed, but later said he was joking. An American reporter said he should be killed. And Sarah Palin asked why he was not pursued as the US pursues Al Qaeda.

“He is an anti-American operative with blood on his hands. His past posting of classified documents revealed the identity of more than 100 Afghan sources to the Taliban. Why was he not pursued with the same urgency we pursue al Qaeda and Taliban leaders?”

How the heck to do you get Canadian and a US columnist and an oblique comment by Palin and get

U.S politicians and other powerful people in the USA are calling for him to be assasinated. They came out in public rallying the people of America to kill him.?

Aren't there enough real issues here without going over and over the same over-blown and ridiculous argument?