Thai Airway Vs Eva Air

jmdf103

EVA is pretty good, though the food, even in business class, is terrible, and they are very stingy with the alcohol.

I have been flying EVA from Bangkok to Los Angeles, twice a year, roundtrip, for the past 5 years. I have nothing but good things to say about this airline. Their prices have risen substantially in the past year, but that is the case with all of the airlines. Their premium economy is very good, and their business class is superb, for the money. The trick is to try to book only on their 777's, which are quite new, and beautifully equipped. I think their food is good, and the beverage service, and the service in general on their business class is great. If you fly enough, and get a gold card, you get generous luggage allowances, and use of all of their lounges. Also, their safety record is superb. I get one free round trip business class tickets, for every 8 round trips booked.I highly recommend EVA. I forgot to mention that all of the experiences I have had on Thai Air have been unsatisfactory. I have found the staff to have alot of attitude, have found the baggage handling to be slow, the food and beverage to be mediocre, and have found them to be very expensive, for what you get. I have not used Thai business class, so I cannot comment on that. But, I did pay for the upgrade to premium economy, and though it was more comfortable, the service was equally disappointing.