Bbq Hot Plate

lemel

Unless you are incredibly lucky, the griddle inserts designed for the Australian bbq grills are likely to be the wrong size and are not designed to sit on top of the wire grill in any event-- they go side-by-side. A better option is to have one of the many iron mongers cut you a flat piece of sheet metal (preferably stainless steel) to your exact demeinsions and roll the edges. The guy who makes and sells bbq grills in Udon offers such a griddle insert and has pictures of them on his website. You could go to his website and print a picture to show to the monger. His website is http://gasbbqthailand.com/, He is a very nice guy, and he might actually make one for you and send it to you in the post -- he's pretty easy to deal with. Alternatively, there are some shallow almost square frying pans (I think at Makro, among others) that will likely serve your needs very cheaply.

It looks like they might have moved, as I thought they were on Suk before Makro...but here is a link to their new location. I visited them a year ago and they had plates.

http://www.bbqthai.com/map.htm

The location shown on the map is their old location, before they moved to Sukhumvit.

I thought I saw them recently there on Suk...oh well. They do have a nice plate as I almost bought it...but got my BBQ from Doc at the place Thailaw recommended. Absolutely fantastic BBQs. I also got the plate from him. Not cheap, but heavy duty stainless steel. He can ship also...

thanks guys, some good advise, I will contact them but does anyone know of a iron monger here in Pattaya??

Whats the dimensions of your BBQ, Iam making a hotplate for mine as soon as i get a spare moment (welders/grinders/benders/access to laser cutter at work).... alas I doubt it wont happen this year though.