Internet Explorer Problems

BlueScouse

A couple of months ago my computer died,the day before I left Thailand to go to work.Wife had it "fixed" for ฿500.

Now I'm back and had to set up my sites etc.Some work O.K.,such as this one,but some others such as Thai Airways,Air Asia,my bank in U.K.,will not let me select options,or just show a blank page.

I have XP Home edition.Tried to install service pack 1,but the message said that I need to have Java Script enabled.Searched for this on Google,and I reckon that this is enabled.Tried websites again.Still no good.

Any suggestions what to do before I take it back to the shop?

Many thanks for suggestions.

Your problem is with Java scripts. Whilst you may have Java installed on your computer it may be that you have scripts disabled in Internet explorer.

Some things you can check:

Open Internet explorer and click on Internet tools.

Click on the "Advanced" Tab and ensure that under Java VM the boxes are enabled, if not then enable and restart the computer.

Click on the "Security" Tab and click on "Custom Level" (A Pop-Up window will appear)

Under "Scripting" ensure that active scripting enabled

If neither of these options work then a final solution will be to reinstall Internet explorer. Before you do this i would recommend that you back up any important data ie favourites and Outlook express files that you want to keep.Generally these wont be affected, but better to be safe than sorry. You will probably find a installation program if you go into Windows Explorer, click on Program Files, click on Internet Explorer and you will see an icon with Ie5Setup.exe or whatever version you have. Double click on this and it will guide you through the installation process.

Hope this helps

A couple of months ago my computer died,the day before I left Thailand to go to work.Wife had it "fixed" for ฿500.

Now I'm back and had to set up my sites etc.Some work O.K.,such as this one,but some others such as Thai Airways,Air Asia,my bank in U.K.,will not let me select options,or just show a blank page.

I have XP Home edition.Tried to install service pack 1,but the message said that I need to have Java Script enabled.Searched for this on Google,and I reckon that this is enabled.Tried websites again.Still no good.

Any suggestions what to do before I take it back to the shop?

Many thanks for suggestions.

Howdy, this problem with XP Home edition is not just a plug and play answer. There are issues you have to tackle.

1. Spyware is it installed do you have protection?

2. Is your version of protection updated? With all the bells and whistles...

3. Are you using a firewall? Are you virus update actually UPDATED?

4. Have you deleted temp files and cookies to allow other anti spyware and virus protection to function?

5. Is IE the only browser you have?

6. Are you using any encryption software or PGP keys?

Now if you can answer all the above I can walk you through solutions if you can’t then let someone else do this as the possible outcome may be less than you may want or expect.

on call

Best regards,

Sam Blackstock

Thailand Contact +661-860-9395

Fax: 662-738-6288

Your problem is with Java scripts. Whilst you may have Java installed on your computer it may be that you have scripts disabled in Internet explorer.

Some things you can check:

Open Internet explorer and click on Internet tools.

Click on the "Advanced" Tab and ensure that under Java VM the boxes are enabled, if not then enable and restart the computer.

Click on the "Security" Tab and click on "Custom Level" (A Pop-Up window will appear)

Under "Scripting" ensure that active scripting enabled

If neither of these options work then a final solution will be to reinstall Internet explorer. Before you do this i would recommend that you back up any important data ie favourites and Outlook express files that you want to keep.Generally these wont be affected, but better to be safe than sorry. You will probably find a installation program if you go into Windows Explorer, click on Program Files, click on Internet Explorer and you will see an  icon with Ie5Setup.exe or whatever version you have. Double click on this and it will guide you through the installation process.

Hope this helps

That is not the right answer!!! Good guess though.