Any Airlines You Can Smoke On Now ?

Patong Bob

I took an El Al flight about 15 years ago that allowed smoking. It was the worst flight I've ever been on. Thanks for the link to airlines that allowed smoking (7 years ago). I'll be sure to check if I ever have the need to fly on one of the airlines I don't usually fly.

No chance I'll ever take a flight where smoking is allowed.

Don't know where your from but if you want to chance it from Thailand to Russia on " Aeroflop " they let people smoke because most of the flight crew do.

It's a great experience flying on a Russian plane thats pass it's sell by date, good for the Karma.:D

From Moscow to London as same as all other airlines but there nice new planes

Link doesn't work... I think Aeroflot may still allow smoking on some routes? There's a Pakistani carrier that still allows it I remember reading about. Not sure of any others, but would expect them to be mainly Middle Eastern or African carriers.

Hmmm, works OK for me (from India), here's the full text to paste into your browser

http://hem.passagen.se/fungus/airlines.html

I get this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /fungus/airlines.html on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Could be an ISP thing I'll try from home later...

Don't know where your from but if you want to chance it from Thailand to Russia on " Aeroflop " they let people smoke because most of the flight crew do.

It's a great experience flying on a Russian plane thats pass it's sell by date, good for the Karma.:D

I don't think they do on international flights. They held out for a long time against the pressures of US cultural imperialism, and I believe they were one of the last major airlines to allow smoking. Eventually they had to succumb however, as both the US and EU not only threatened to deny them landing rights in their respective territories, but also to allow them to overfly US and EU airspace (a weapon which the US had been using for years anyway, as all the airlines which allowed smoking had to order passengers to extinguish their cigarettes just before they entered US airspace). I believe that similar pressure was applied to the Chinese and Middle Eastern airlines, who also allowed smoking for quite a while after others had banned it.

Edited by Rumpole

You can smoke on any airlines. However you will probably be arrested.

Maybe best to get your own aircraft if you want to smoke in flight.

They do have these smokeless electronic cigarettes, I've seen prats "smoking" these on aircraft the last year or so.

I don't think they do on international flights. They held out for a long time against the pressures of US cultural imperialism, and I believe they were one of the last major airlines to allow smoking. Eventually they had to succumb however, as both the US and EU not only threatened to deny them landing rights in their respective territories, but also to allow them to overfly US and EU airspace (a weapon which the US had been using for years anyway, as all the airlines which allowed smoking had to order passengers to extinguish their cigarettes just before they entered US airspace). I believe that similar pressure was applied to the Chinese and Middle Eastern airlines, who also allowed smoking for quite a while after others had banned it.

Maybe I forgot to mention that you are not supposed to smoke on "Aeroflop " but they don't mine if you go up to the back of the plane.:rolleyes:

Heard on a South African domestic Kulula flight. "Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to smoke, the smoking section on this airplane is on the wing.. If you can light 'em, you can smoke 'em.":D

Edited by Kwasaki

All the reasons listed why non smoking is on airlines is interesting but it is abiut the money. Non smokers out number smokers and non smokers won't fly on a airline that sllows smoking. Airlines will not make it very long flying with empty seats.

All the reasons listed why non smoking is on airlines is interesting but it is abiut the money. Non smokers out number smokers and non smokers won't fly on a airline that sllows smoking. Airlines will not make it very long flying with empty seats.

Smoking isn't up to the airlines normally. Countries can ban smoking on any flight departing or arriving at a destination within it's borders.

One of the reasons why so many airlines jumped on the non-smoking bandwagon so quickly, even prior to government enforcement through legislation, was the discovery that the absence of cigarette smoke enabled them to circulate far less oxygen throughout the cabin (I believe one tank instead of three on a long-haul flight), thus enabling them to make considerable cost savings, while also increasing the incidences of travelers' thrombosis and ensuring that any bugs and viruses brought onboard are liberally dispersed around the aircraft.

Some airlines also cynically banned smoking on some flights, while allowing it on ones which were less popular, in the hope of boosting ticket sales (I was told this by a Malaysian airlines staff member).

Anyone who thinks that the airline companies give a stuff about the health and comfort of their passengers, except in so far as it affects their profits, is delusional.

Edited by Rumpole

its a stupid law years ago a few smokes and a few drinks oh what a joy,no just drink eat ,get a mid way stop off and smoke your brains out then fly again there should be at least 1 flight a week to thailand from europe that lets you smoke,and i would use it as you many people would oh bring back smoking every where on buses taxis pubs we keep most countrys afloat with the high taxes on them,its a know fact smoking is good for you when most people stop they get narkey and get infections and die,its our goverments is to blame most of us ever started not us and let the health freaks mind there own buiness,we dont ask them to smoke so they should not ask us to stop,and for second hand smoke its free if they dont want it buy a face mask and stop driving because cars and buses and trucks smoke is there,ah i am going mad i dont care

there should be at least 1 flight a week to thailand from europe that lets you smoke

I'm a non-smoker, but I agree that if the market's there for one flight a week or so that allows smoking then why not? As long as there are still plenty of strictly non-smoking flights then everyone's happy. I, personally, would always fly in a non-smoking plane but I can sympathise with others that would like to smoke. If the smoking flights were significantly cheaper though, I would consider the cash saving for a few hours in a smoky atmosphere if I was travelling alone.

It seems that SMINT Airlines never got off the ground, that would have been your choice IF money is no object, that is:

http://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14550

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smintair

It seems that perhaps the economic crisis put a stop to his plans, perhaps. It's not the worst business idea ever, I have to say, especially with this type of motto/approach: "We want to bring back the joy of flying.".

No airline you would ever fly on if sane* allows smoking these days.

*meaning there are regional highly unsafe carriers on domestic legs in the developing world that probably don't care if you light up

Edited by mrdome

only maybe a few arabic airlines....all of which would freak me out with the whole "smoke" on the plane and being surrounded by ragheads.

I have flown with all the major Middle Eastern airlines and NONE of them allow you to smoke, either on domestic or international routes.

Actually, I would rather be surrounded by smoke and 'ragheads' than a bunch of puritanical, sanctimonious, anti-smoking Nazis.

Edited by Rumpole

You can smoke on any airlines. However you will probably be arrested.

Maybe best to get your own aircraft if you want to smoke in flight.

They do have these smokeless electronic cigarettes, I've seen prats "smoking" these on aircraft the last year or so.

It's a dying habit anyway and no-one really cares if you want to kill yourself but how about being considerate towards others who don't need to gag on your pollution as any flight stupid enough to allow smokers will never be 100% smokers as passengers? Or are you still living in the dark ages - yes the electronic cigarettes or half a dozen patches should do the job until you can light up again. Get a life - what a stupid post. rolleyes.gif

how about being considerate towards others who don't need to gag on your pollution as any flight stupid enough to allow smokers will never be 100% smokers as passengers?

But it would be 100% people who knew they'd booked onto a smoking flight so obviously they wouldn't be that bothered by it - if they were, they'd book non-smoking.