Five Shot Dead In Gun Attacks Across Thai South

webfact

Five shot dead in gun attacks across Thai south

YALA, December 4, 2010 (AFP) - Suspected Islamic militants shot dead five people in attacks across Thailand's restive south, including one Muslim man gunned down by a gang apparently dressed as soldiers, police said Saturday.

The 36-year-old deputy village headman was killed after three gunmen dressed in clothing resembling military uniforms broke into his house in Narathiwat on Friday evening, according to police.

In the same province a 43-year-old Buddhist man, who worked with the local irrigation office, was also shot and killed at his home.

Earlier in the day, a 55-year-old Muslim government worker died on his way back from afternoon prayers in a drive-by shooting in Pattani province.

Another shooting in Pattani killed a 32-year-old security volunteer who was driving a motorcycle. His wife, who was a passenger on the vehicle, was seriously injured.

In Yala province, a 41-year-old Muslim man was shot dead while returning from working at a rubber plantation on Friday afternoon.

A separate gun attack at a village tea shop in the province, left a 38-year-old Muslim man seriously injured.

Suspected Islamic insurgents have waged a violent separatist battle in the region since early 2004, targeting Muslims and Buddhists, civilians and security personnel.

Non-governmental organisation Deep South Watch, which provides information on the conflict, said over 4,400 people have died in more than 10,000 attacks since the violence broke out in January 2004. Over 7,000 have been injured.

Activists say that while the militants are fighting against the rule of mainly Buddhist Thailand's central government, many Muslims who are considered "traitors" to Islam, for co-operating with Thai authorities, have been killed.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2010-12-04

I think it only a matter of time before the world will be faced with what to do about Islam and it will have nothing to do with political correctness. It will be all out war with people who dwell in common sense retardation, endorsed to use violence to get their message across. Across the world already this disease of a religion is penetrating at alarming rates and whilst not all islamists are nut cases, those that are propagating the violence are causing much damage and those within the realms of the religion who are decent, are remaining silent in fear. What a great way to live. :annoyed:

Sorry - all religions evolved less than 2,000 years ago and that includes Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and so on and were originated at the hands of humans. And the death and destruction by the extremists on all sides leaves me in doubt doubt atheism is a real option for anyone who is half intelligent. At least Buddhism is a way of life and does not evolve around as**holes spewing vitriolic acts of compliance or burn etc. Now won't this get the forum spitting. :rolleyes:

I think it only a matter of time before the world will be faced with what to do about Islam.

Now won't this get the forum spitting.

Nahhhhh doubt it.

No one is interested in retarded views.

:clap2:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- one man shot dead by a group of people with guns

- a man was shot dead at his home

- a man/woman was shot dead in a drive-by shooting

- a man/woman was shot dead in Pattani

- a man was shot dead returning home from work

I removed all the unnecessary crap, and this is what I get from the story.

All the other words are hearsay, conjecture, and unsubstantiated guessing.

Did I miss the part where any groups claimed responsibility for the attacks? No doubt there is some form of Islamic militant activity going on down there, but this article seems real weak on the facts.

How many other Thais died across ALL of Thailand during the same time period and by shootings? Oh! And let's document what religion the victims are, what jobs they have, and what they were doing at the time of their demise; as well as what the killers were wearing, and really try hard to pad the story with "fluff" paragraphs that more than likely have nothing to do with large scale Islamic fundamentalists, or even splinter factions, but simply everyday Thai disputes and stupid, irresponsible behavior.

Journalism these days has gone to the muck that pigs squash under their hooves. I can not stress that enough.

Edited by cup-O-coffee