Where Is The Best Place In Cm To Purchase A Phone?

jsflynn603

Being "old school," (preferable to just being "old") I consider cell phones a necessary evil.

America's cell phone companies are an evil lot--for the large part (though this is changing, I think) you have to get your phone from your carrier, and it won't work with another carrier.

My phone suits me just fine even though it's three years old. It doesn't play music, take photos, or cook dinner. But if I fall into a lake and it gets soaked or if I drop it 20' off a cliff--it survives, I'm not sure water resistant or impact resistant, armored phones are even available anymore. But my carrier is Sprint, and there is no place for a SIM card and the frequency is wrong, so I'll leave it at home.

While I'm in CM I'll need a phone. Can anyone suggest what and where to buy one that's simply a phone with decent voice quality, good reception, and cheap. Used is fine, or is that asking for trouble?

I'm staying near Thapae Gate if that helps and arriving later in the week.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

If you want a beast of a phone the Samsung B2100 is the kit. Resistant to a meter depth of water for 30 minutes, drop it down a cliff, tread on it etc. Dont know how much one would cost, or weather availiable in thailand. Its next best predessesor, a rubber coated nokia(cant remember model number) was a bout the equvelant of £50.

I looked all over town for my cheapy thai phone and ended up with a simple, easy to use nokia for, I think 1500 -1700 baht. found the 800 - 900 nokias to be a bit on the flimsy side.

Airport plaza seemed to have the best range at the best prices. Dont know which floor though. I dont even know which floor im on most the time when I'm there.

On a side note, If you buy a good phone, make sure its Genuine, and not "reconditioned". If its genuine, it is possible to program it to work in any country , so you can take it home with you. If its reconditioned it means its got chinese guts in it. Probably will work fine, but not so versatile. Dont quote me on this though, its just what i've been lead to belive. sure someone will know more.

The best place in Chiang Mai for a good choice of mobile phones is in my opinion on the 3rd floor at the Airport Plaza.

And if you become bored with looking at all those phones, there is always plenty of young stunning girls to feast your eyes on while you are shopping.

Edited by Beetlejuice