The Ashes

smokie36

You'll wear your teeth out, gritting them like that...

In all seriousness, though, congratulations on a convincing win; let's hope its an exciting series...

SC

Not at all. Its always good to see a British team doing well at sport. It was such a convincing win really I can't see a way back for the Aussies......unless they are really going to bring back Warne & co.....that would be amusing enough.

In all seriousness, though, congratulations on a convincing win; let's hope its an exciting series...

SC

Not at all. Its always good to see a British team doing well at sport. It was such a convincing win really I can't see a way back for the Aussies......unless they are really going to bring back Warne & co.....that would be amusing enough.

A British team?!!! :ermm::o:lol:

SC

come on now carmine, maybe strauss and pieterson have scottish ancestry. laugh.gif

SC

come on now carmine, maybe strauss and pieterson have scottish ancestry. laugh.gif

The English team has some British players, doesn't it? They're not all South Africans are they?

I suppose some people forget that England is part of the UK as well...

SC

Edit: and in a similar vein, I am sure that you are all as disappointed as I was that the Scottish gents didn;t make it to the play-offs in the European CHampionships. I watched a few of the games - its not often that Astro shows Curling... I guess its not a particularly popular sport in SE ASia...

Edited by StreetCowboy

the welsh as far as i know are the only ones who qualify automatically to play for england, without any red tape to go through.

then you have players like pieterson, trott and strauss along with eoin morgan, born i think in southern ireland who choose to play for england. after going through all sorts of optional avenues like, maybe having english ancestry or connections through family, choosing to settle in england, playing in the leagues for a certain amount of years, all sorts of stuff like that. and then you have players who have been born in england, but have say indian, pakistani, west indian parents that opt to play for the country of their birth.

Edited by tigerfish

SC

Maybe they have, but it would not do them any good, it is the english and welsh cricket board.

More great bowling today by the Brits carmine.....:D

I'll be consulting an MCC member in due course over your concerns as well....let's see what he has to say shall we? :whistling::rolleyes:;)

Edit: Where are the real enemy here.....?? :)

Edited by smokie36

More great bowling today by the Brits carmine.....:D

I'll be consulting an MCC member in due course over your concerns as well....let's see what he has to say shall we? :whistling::rolleyes:;)

Edit: Where are the real enemy here.....?? :)

I have made any comments about the bowling have i? We'll lose this test match, probably and to be fair they have been the better side. It would be nice though if the Aussies won with more grace than they do when they lose.;)

I have made any comments about the bowling have i? We'll lose this test match, probably and to be fair they have been the better side. It would be nice though if the Aussies won with more grace than they do when they lose.;)

Typical backslapping performance from the English in this test. Thought they had it won after the first innings. Hopefully they will learn from it though....

Yes well, the Third Test. To paraphrase old smoky36 -

I just wanted to congratulate the AUSSIE team on their crushing victory in the third Test! :D 'don't really need to say anything else :D :D

Yeah well done the convicts for their fighting spirit. The series is starting to look like a real cracker!! :)

I was waiting for the convict comment. Actually its now considered to be something of status to have a relly who was one.

But now about the pitch at the MCG. Even the English players are trying to downplay this one. God forbid that both sides will stop sledging!! Does it always have to be up to the armchair commentators!?

I was waiting for the convict comment. Actually its now considered to be something of status to have a relly who was one.

But now about the pitch at the MCG. Even the English players are trying to downplay this one. God forbid that both sides will stop sledging!! Does it always have to be up to the armchair commentators!?

Its likely to kick off fairly quick then settle down a bit so hopefully the Aussies will be first to be tested out there. Mind you if you really can produce a fast wicket then your pace bowlers might nick it.....anyway confidence will be high from both sides and with a bit of luck it will go to the wire.

So is scrotum face Ponting playing then Tim?

So is scrotum face Ponting playing then Tim?

Easy to spot the English on this thread......:whistling:

just wonder what excuses the aussies will have for todays performance all out for 98, but please dont critisise them they cry very easy :whistling:

Great bowling performance by the seamers,and by the looks of it the batsman are doing the same :D

England currently on 151 for 0! Cook 79 Strauss 60 ...43 overs

just wonder what excuses the aussies will have for todays performance all out for 98, but please dont critisise them they cry very easy :whistling:

Well, what it normally is in recent years is that its not a case of us being better, its a case of theirs being a very poor Aussie side. :rolleyes: Its called being in denial ;)

I'll add to that, that after watching play this morning, Ponting is a whining bad loser and his behaviour is unfitting of a test team catain. Pathetic bad sportsmanship.

I hope he's practiced his losing speech this time round......hilarious to watch last time round. :lol:

Mind that's one of the thing I love about 'em....its just never factored into their mindset.....just makes it all the funnier when the inevitable happens!