The Ashes

smokie36

Aussies seemed to have lost the plot and sunk so low that they had to resort to desperate measures when trying to get Alistair cook out on 99. so much so that they tried to cheat the lad out, with Hughes at short leg trying to claim a catch that had quite clearly hit the deck and not carried. tut ! tut ! tut !

just been digging through the you tube archives and came across this little gem.

i know its a bit old, but still a classic and kind of sums up Ponting and the Aussies ashes series. just make sure you watch it to the very end. biggrin.gif they don't like it up em captain mainwaring ! laugh.gif

there will always be an england !

Edited by tigerfish

Looks like England are well poised for an emphatic win,with only 3 wickets to take,should only be about 2 hours max,absolutely stunning results this Ashes series and at last something to make me say i am proud to be English which in the past few years i have not been able to say,ok its only a few games of cricket but the Australians are a fine sporting nation who dont generally roll over and play dead,they have commented on how great England have been something thats very rare for them.:thumbsup:

Congratualtions England may the sucess continue in the One Day series, a very Proud and Happy Englishman Stoneyboy.:partytime2:

Looks like England are well poised for an emphatic win,with only 3 wickets to take,should only be about 2 hours max,absolutely stunning results this Ashes series and at last something to make me say i am proud to be English which in the past few years i have not been able to say,ok its only a few games of cricket but the Australians are a fine sporting nation who dont generally roll over and play dead,they have commented on how great England have been something thats very rare for them.:thumbsup:

Congratualtions England may the sucess continue in the One Day series, a very Proud and Happy Englishman Stoneyboy.:partytime2:

Well played sir!

From a devasted Aussie.

Regards

Will

Well played sir!

From a devasted Aussie.

Regards

Will

A fantastic team performance from England especially the way they picked themselves up after Perth and pushed on even stronger.

A hugely deserved victory.

Well done!

From a sleep deprived but happy Scot.

I'll add to that, that after watching play this morning, Ponting is a whining bad loser and his behaviour is unfitting of a test team catain. Pathetic bad sportsmanship.

I hope he's practiced his losing speech this time round......hilarious to watch last time round. :lol:

Mind that's one of the thing I love about 'em....its just never factored into their mindset.....just makes it all the funnier when the inevitable happens!

:angry: Glad they lost. Never been so ashamed of my Aussie passport as when watching on tv everyday, the constant sledging, jeering, foul mouthed egotistical Aussie yobbos. It used to a gentlemans sport and the Brits were the ones who showed class by ignoring the constant Aussie flaming and crassness