Varee Hair Police

whatsupdoc

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the fee pages of the international schools (for comparison):

I'd add to that list CDSC (Christliche Deutsche Schule Chiangmai) at www.cdscm.com list, which is out towards Saraphi, and teaches mainly German/Austrian/Swiss-national kids in German, but is also known (to my own boys, at least !) for the fierce determination of their football/futsal teams. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Actually they do give you a 'handbook for parents' at the beginning of the school year. If you make time to come to the meeting before school starts you will get one as well.

I have always gone to all the meetings but never been given a handbook ;) but there again i am suppose to receive all the newsletters etc in English but that never happened either, though to be fair after complaining about 6 times i do now get them in English allbeit a few days later than the Thai version.

Soon as a school starts to tell parents about the hair style of their studens i will not even bother walk in to such a place ever simply because i more then sure that my son will never feel free and happy in such a bad autoritaire regime place..

I think it better this school not worry somuch about the ideal and or perfect picture of the students their nicely fixed hairs but invest their valuable time in good teaching programs and stimulating interactive teaching methods in a nice weay but i sure if you adres this to theschool management they will say sorry what are you talking about ? haahaha

i wish all the parents with children in that thai program alot of strength

flakes

Dear parents,

Soon as a school starts to tell parents about the hair style of their studens i will not even bother walk in to such a horrible place simply because i more then sure that my son will never feel free and happy in such a bad autoritaire regime place..

I think it is better this school not worry somuch about the ideal and or perfect picture of their students their nicely fixed hairs but invest their valuable time in good teaching programs and stimulating interactive teaching methods in a nice way but i sure if you adres this to the school management they will say sorry what are you talking about ? haahaha

i wish all the parents with kids in that thai school with their old fashioned boring thai program alot of strength.

Learning should be fun that usually works best wth kids,but this schools sees it all different i am sure that. :)

flakes

Dear parents,

Soon as a school starts to tell parents about the hair style of their studens i will not even bother walk in to such a horrible place simply because i more then sure that my son will never feel free and happy in such a bad autoritaire regime place..

I think it is better this school not worry somuch about the ideal and or perfect picture of their students their nicely fixed hairs but invest their valuable time in good teaching programs and stimulating interactive teaching methods in a nice way but i sure if you adres this to the school management they will say sorry what are you talking about ? haahaha

i wish all the parents with kids in that thai school with their old fashioned boring thai program alot of strength.

Learning should be fun that usually works best wth kids,but this schools sees it all different i am sure that. :)

flakes

Not wishing to be too critical but--does your computer have the 'Spell-Check' option, if so I should turn it on; when someone is denigrating an educational establishment, and writing in English, it reinforces their right to criticize if their spelling, and grammar, are correct.

Having said that--I think that I do understand what you are saying and, to some extent, agree with it

Dear parents,

flakes

Not wishing to be too critical but--does your computer have the 'Spell-Check' option, if so I should turn it on; when someone is denigrating an educational establishment, and writing in English, it reinforces their right to criticize if their spelling, and grammar, are correct.

Having said that--I think that I do understand what you are saying and, to some extent, agree with it

Hahaa you do have a point there my english grammar needs to be improved,then again i dont pretend to be anything educational for anyone.My plan is to move to Chiang Mai soon.My question is can someone reccomend me a nice friendly international school if possible based on the Montessori principal in CM >?

if not what other international school in CM would be the most laid back international school in Chiang mai..I mean not to long school days ,plenty of art,sports and with lots of play time in between the school day .my son is 7 years old and is fluent in eng thai dutch.

Hahaa you do have a point there my english grammar needs to be improved,then again i dont pretend to be anything educational for anyone.My plan is to move to Chiang Mai soon.My question is can someone reccomend me a nice friendly international school if possible based on the Montessori principal in CM >?

if not what other international school in CM would be the most laid back international school in Chiang mai..I mean not to long school days ,plenty of art,sports and with lots of play time in between the school day .my son is 7 years old and is fluent in eng thai dutch.

Unfortunately I don't think that I am allowed to include a link to their website but, if you Google Panyaden School, Chiang Mai I think that you might find some 'food for thought'.

Edited by haybilly

Unfortunately I don't think that I am allowed to include a link to their website but, if you Google Panyaden School, Chiang Mai I think that you might find some 'food for thought'.

Call me a thrill seeker, I'm boldly going to post it and to hell with the consequences!! : http://www.panyaden.org/

Whoohoo..!

Call me a thrill seeker, I'm boldly going to post it and to hell with the consequences!! : http://www.panyaden.org/

Whoohoo..!

You have done it now Winnie!!!!

You mad cow you.....

Hi There,

Its very intresting that panyaden school txs alot for including the link..

I read their website i like it somewhat and will for sure visit this school on my coming trip to CM...

Its seems really really laid back school however it not a real international school but bilangual program 50/50 thai eng..

I assume they follow a thai curriculum which i not to pleased with...

Wish they had an fully international program aswell..

Txs again i will contct that school for more information

flakes

Whoohoo..!

You have done it now Winnie!!!!

You mad cow you.....

Whoohoo..!

The most interesting thing on that site is for me the fees. 61,500 Baht a term, there are 2 terms a year. Plus a 10,000 Baht entrance fee. These prices are exclusive of uniform, books, school bus. There may also be extra charges for other acitivities. Maybe haircuts?

To me this seems not like a school not being run on Buddhist principles but a school offering a new gimmick and trying to get as much money from parents as possible.

It would be good if more people will sue schools for all the BS what they allow teachers to do, painful physical punishment, confiscating mobile phones and other things, humiliating in front of the class etc. I hear some stories sometimes from a student at the Christian school near the Narawat bridge... Disgusting to hear what an idiots some power addicted teachers are.

The wife's friend's son goes to that school. What stories have you heard?

There are at least 3 Christian schools, maybe more, which could be considered "Close" to this bridge.

Whoohoo..!

The most interesting thing on that site is for me the fees. 61,500 Baht a term, there are 2 terms a year. Plus a 10,000 Baht entrance fee. These prices are exclusive of uniform, books, school bus. There may also be extra charges for other acitivities. Maybe haircuts?

To me this seems not like a school not being run on Buddhist principles but a school offering a new gimmick and trying to get as much money from parents as possible.

I must admit that my first thoughts were much the same as these ...

education and spiritual well being BUT at a price.

This must be the most expensive non-international school in Chiang Mai.

i know a few teachers in c/m that work or have worked at varee and dont like the way its run from there point of view and from the point of view of the students

inflated test results so the child passes students phones aloud to be used in class crazy. the owner has very strong connections to american Cristian charity's never a good idea do more harm than good sorry but thats just my feeling the teachers i know have in the most part already left for new schools or are trying to find new jobs

shes Chinese thai very rich and high up the local pecking order and not a very nice boss from all accounts

i know a few teachers in c/m that work or have worked at varee and dont like the way its run from there point of view and from the point of view of the students

inflated test results so the child passes students phones aloud to be used in class crazy. the owner has very strong connections to american Cristian charity's never a good idea do more harm than good sorry but thats just my feeling the teachers i know have in the most part already left for new schools or are trying to find new jobs

shes Chinese thai very rich and high up the local pecking order and not a very nice boss from all accounts

Looks like somebody needs to go back to school and learn about punctuation... :lol:

• 9 months later...

Well as Ajarn Varee said, its about looks. You created a new/different user id just to come out and bash the school now that you are longer teaching there. You must admit that it looks like sour grapes. Worst thing for you is, you no longer have a job, other schools will be wary of ex-Varee teachers coming to look for work, and Varee school will continue to expand exponentially and make money hand over fist.

This is also going to sound like a dig, but for future reference, I have two friends working at Varee(Not on the international side) and started at more than 40K/month.

Lastly, my personal belief is that most Thai's are not so concerned about the actual output/results of anything, it is as Varee says, about the looks.

edit: To be honest, I have not seen salary stubs from either teacher, but I have no reason not to believe them.

Edited by CMSteve

As you say, all about the looks. About the salary, well, at the international annexe they all started their first year with 46 000 baths/month if they offered to teach during summer holiday.

This is the second time you've said "baths" instead of "baht". Probably a very good thing you are not teaching there any longer...

-Mestizo

A libellous/defammatory post has been removed.

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

We do not allow "naming on shaming" on Thai Visa because Thailand has very strict libel laws.

Another post has been removed as "pigeon" Thai language was used. English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

Mestizo, I wasn't an English teacher nore I am an English native speaker. The day you'll be able to speak four languages as I do, come back and let's have a chat ok? I just posted my comments to let some parents or prospective teachers about my feeling about this school, that's it smile.png

Your post was clearly a personal attack against certain teachers and the owner.

This site is responsible for your post. You aren't because you are anonymous. Why don't you change that?