Scuba Diving Courses

paullight

I recommend these people... seadragon dive center

I did a course with them a couple of years ago after a recommendation. They are based in Kao Lak and over the full range of PADI courses including internships.

They can also provide accomodation which I found very comfortable.

Be nice to help the Kao Lak residents by putting your money into the local economy there, which they are desperate for.

Click the link for more information

totster :o

Dived a few times from Phi Phi - It was fantastic diving the pinnacles around there, also had a lot of excellent diving off Ko Chang... be sure to check the best times of year for diving the gulf side or andaman side before signing up to something though!

Plus - as totster says, its nice if you can help the locals out by staying in the areas affected by the tsunami...

I went with Seadragons just a few months ago. Rather small outfit, excellent for diving, if you like Germans, but it's a bit quiet in the Andaman now so I'm not sure about their courses, as you should get lots of hand on experience with newbies as a dive master.

Koh Tao is THE capital of diving courses - you'll find everything there - Padis by thousands, aspiring dive master/instructors by hundreds, old hands, new hands, shit places, top notch places - there's a lot to go for Koh Tao.

I think Pattaya is one of the most expensive places in Thailand. All the dive centers made together a group and fixed the prices. So everywhere you pay exactly the same price. The only advantage from Pattaya is that you can do all the technial education, too.

That diving with Helium and so on......

I went with Seadragons just a few months ago. Rather small outfit, excellent for diving, if you like Germans, but it's a bit quiet in the Andaman now so I'm not sure about their courses, as you should get lots of hand on experience with newbies as a dive master.

It was quite a large oufit when I went last... obviously they have had to scale down, I would say contact them for information with regards to how busy they are.

Re Germans - There was a lot in Kao Lak but they were from the big resorts, I personally dived with a Brit instructor and a frenchman.. not that it matters anyway.

Surely this is the time to dive the Anadaman, nice quiet reefs..

totster :o

I'm put off by every shop in Pattaya giving prices for "non-divers" on board. Are their boats just extended South Pattaya go-go bars? Can't they survive one day without their "special friends"?

I did a days diving in Pattaya with Aquanauts. They were very professional and I had a excellent day. It was nothing like a go go bar.. :o

totster :D

Personally, I'd prefer a diving boat without any "ladies" hanging around. Or the men who bring them on. Parading whores in public, IMO, is a bad taste.

I guess most of the diving trips in Pattaya are just that - diving trips, but, being Pattaya, I half expect the worst.

Stunning long-legged head turners I can live with. But what if they bring on the uglies and ladyboys?

This little issue of indiscretion is not an issue anywhere else but Pattaya.

Personally, I'd prefer a diving boat without any "ladies" hanging around. Or the men who bring them on. Parading whores in public, IMO, is a bad taste.

I guess most of the diving trips in Pattaya are just that - diving trips, but, being Pattaya, I half expect the worst.

Stunning long-legged head turners I can live with. But what if they bring on the uglies and ladyboys?

This little issue of indiscretion is not an issue anywhere else but Pattaya.

Uh my gf well is quite attractive and she's not a whore!!! :o

As I said really who cares you are there to dive, not gawk on the dive boat. :D I think you need a lesson in tolerance - bg(s) are people too and deserve respect. :D

Edited by britmaveric

Right, a lesson in tolerance.

Or I can just get a diving trip on a boat with people I can be proud associating with.

Not in Pattaya, apparently.

Britmaveric, your gf might be an exception to the "bring your special friend" category - if she really can stand hanging on a diving boat whole day. Other "special firends" get paid for this.

Normally Thais can spot "special friends" in one quick glance, I can do it even faster.

Legitimate partners have nothing to worry, not your gf, not mine.