What's Your Favorite Soccer Team?

Shivek

I can date my Leeds association back to 22 August 1968, my fourth birthday. For some reason, my dad bought me a leeds strip for my birthday. I have no idea why. He followed Liverpool, we lived near Norwich and - frankly - I liked the idea of Everton because their nickname was my favourite sweet. I suspect he got it cheap.

But the moment I put that white shirt on, my life was changed forever.

Later that same day (true story this) I was wearing the outfit, kicking a ball in the backyard when a wasp worked its way up the leg of my shorts and stung little bendix.

That moment kinda sums up the following 37 years of supporting Leeds.

Edited by bendix

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs  :D

:o This thread is about football teams :D

He meant Tottenham Hot Spurs not San Antonio Spurs. :D Most fans here are of Spurs though. Still has 1 other Arsenal fan aside from me. :D

Mr Lampard's response was an attempt an irony! :D !

I too am a Spurs supporter..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Man City :D It was my dad's fault but what can you do. Once your team has been chosen for you, that's it for life. I'll never forgive him for the bloody misery he's caused me. :o But i'll do excactly the same to my kids :D

Hey Mr BJ, come on you Blues!

I'm same as you, father (is) and grandfather (was) Blues, everybody in the family are Blues. As for the "bloody misery he's caused me" it could have been worse you could be ManUre supporter.

Hope you got down to the two game in Bangkok, loads of Blues there eh! I took the wife and kids down to training to meet the players, bloody amazing how open to the fans interest the club was and it was great to walk amongst the players shaking hands, taking photos, etc - now woudn't happen with that lot from Greater Manchester, you wouldn't have got within 20 metres of their players.

Reckon we're going to do alright this season.

Any other Blues in town?

Bredbury Blue

Man City :D It was my dad's fault but what can you do. Once your team has been chosen for you, that's it for life. I'll never forgive him for the bloody misery he's caused me. :o But i'll do excactly the same to my kids :D

I'm same as you, father (is) and grandfather (was) Blues, everybody in the family are Blues. As for the "bloody misery he's caused me" it could have been worse you could be ManUre supporter.

Hope you got down to the two game in Bangkok, loads of Blues there eh! I took the wife and kids down to training to meet the players, bloody amazing how open to the fans interest the club was and it was great to walk amongst the players shaking hands, taking photos, etc - now woudn't happen with that lot from Greater Manchester, you wouldn't have got within 20 metres of their players.

Any other Blues in town?

Bredbury Blue

So r also like us gooners. Calling Man Utd, ManUre or ManPoo. Calling Neville brothers, Neville sisters. Calling Ashely Cole, Cashley Cole. Calling Chelsea, Chel$ki. Calling Rooney, shrek. Calling Keane, a thug. :D:D:D:D:D

Any other Blues in town?

Bredbury Blue

So r also like us gooners. Calling Man Utd, ManUre or ManPoo. Calling Neville brothers, Neville sisters. Calling Ashely Cole, Cashley Cole. Calling Chelsea, Chel$ki. Calling Rooney, shrek. Calling Keane, a thug. :D:D:D:D:D

Aray na?

Any other Blues in town?

Bredbury Blue

Aray na?

Read the post properly.

It is with great pride that I announce that I support one of the finest teams the north west of England has seen:-

Oldham Athletic

Ah ah, so that's why your nick is PieBoy :D:D

There's nothing wrong with supporting Oldham, fair play to you. I obviously have done my time on the terraces on Friday nights helping out local team Stockport but i'm born and bred City. My school team used to play ever year at Chadderton, now that's a cold and windy place, eh!

Are you from Chadd, Bredbury? I used to work that way, at the place that makes planes :o

Yeovil Town.

Had a great evening in January last year watching them live on Thai TV in a small up country restaurant. They were playing a team called Liverpool. I think I was the only Yeovil fan in the place, possibly the only Yeovil fan in the province.

Hi Mr B.J,

No not from Chadderton, from Bredbury (7 miles south of Manchester).

Have you seen City's new advertising campaign. All over M/cr posters are going up on a sky blue background with "Pure Manchester", "Real Manchester", etc. In case anybody reading doesn't understand, its a wicked dig at our neighbours who do not reside in the City of Manchester like ourselves but reside in Greater Manchester like Stockport C., Bolton, Wigan, Bury, Oldham, etc. Oh they play in Red and they're on the decline in case you can't guess who.

Glasgow Rangers.

Jock,

I am stunned !

You always have come across as on of those well mannered, educated stiff upper lip types, perhaps from Edinburgh, maybe a Hearts supporter, or even Livingstone.

Definately not one of those rabid, foul mouthed, baby eating minkers who trawl around the backstreets of Govan in their filth rags with the bottle of "fortified wine" and ten embassy regal.........................

Nah only joking ! !

:D:D:D:o

• 3 weeks later...

yes i must agree well done charlton,and after some chelski players saying they will win all 4 this year it is a relief.

are chelski on a decline 1 draw and 1 loss in the last 2 games.

i can see the wobble starting same as arsenal did last year... lol.