Evaluate My Photo Pleas

canuckamuck

I'm with Kan Win on this one, great photo in every aspect, except it's better in natural colours!:rolleyes:

B/W is better for documentary style showing negative stuff like war or poverty, or close up shots of old peoples faces

or to shoot artistic nudes accentuating the skin.

Good work!:)

Plahgat

I actually prefer the B & W photo. I don't think it appears to be sad or dreary at all. In the B & W shot, my eyes are drawn to the kids' darling faces. In the color shot, I keep looking at the crazy colored ball and the girl's dress. All the bright colors seem to drown out the faces.

• 4 months later...

I actually prefer the B & W photo. I don't think it appears to be sad or dreary at all. In the B & W shot, my eyes are drawn to the kids' darling faces. In the color shot, I keep looking at the crazy colored ball and the girl's dress. All the bright colors seem to drown out the faces.

I agree B & W suits it much better.

Hi canuckamuck,

Super photo of kids with smiling face.

Any chance of a colour photo as I am not really into B&W photos.

Win :wai:

Hows this

GGcolor.jpg

IMHO the colour version is much better. Am intrigued as to why you converted such a good and cheery pic to B&W.

bw makes it look timeless and the muticolored soccer ball is distracting... why not try a bit more blur or sepia or scratching to give it a more timeless look

I agree totally.

• 3 months later...

It is really the choice of the photographer not the critics which is the right way, color or BW. It should suit the taste of the creator not those who see it. I was sorry that you gave in and posted the color shot just to satisfy a few who don't like BW which is a good choice for this picture as it does keep your eye on their faces. It is a very nice photo.