Cowboy Closed For Filming

ukrules

I just walked past the Soi 23 end of Soi Cowboy and noticed that there's two large signs saying that filming is going on and anyone who enters does so at the risk of being filmed. There's also a security guy and a cop there standing next to his motorbike. The street is closed to traffic, it looks like they are letting people in on foot though.

Having said that the road looked dark and mostly closed to me. The Old Dutch on the corner was open and there looked to be some action at the Asok end of the Soi.

Most of the 'neon signs' appear to be turned off at 18:30 this evening, at least at the Soi 23 end.

With the ban on alcohol sales not a bad time to film. They've been here a long time, a la Caddyshack. Time for some interiors. I like Zack G. (see "Bored to Death", aka Super Ray) but he seemed like a bit of a <deleted> banning Mel Gibson for 'ngover2 (whose turn in Jodie Foster's 'The Beaver' might earn him an Academy Award nod). Hard to beat Hangover.

Unsurprisingly, I walked into a sports bar on soi 33 last night with a couple of mates, and no booze allowed. Afterall, we wouldn't want people who can't vote today (upcountry gals and tourists) having any fun while the locals are at home busy studying various election platforms.

Thailand's anti-alcohol laws are so stupid. They only affect and confuse tourists and expats. Thai locals will always find booze whenever they want.

What ? and expats can't? huh.gif You haven't been here long enough!

Went to the 7/11 to buy some ice cream. I asked my wife if she wanted anything. She was sat with her friend and said "yes a bottle of Chang" Bought ice cream in 7/11, no beer as was election day so i went to the shop house two businesses down from 7/11. Gave beer to wife who was impressed a farang can buy beer on election day. Then I found out it was a test or joke. laugh.gif

Yes. From what the script says. Its about romance between an older ladyboy and younger western man from South America.

It starts off, he's stowed away on a ship from Argentina and sailed across the oceans to find a better life. He ends up in Vietnam but ends up in Bangkok, Thailand.

An older ladyboy, sees his plight and decides to become friends. Soon, it develops into a truly deep romance. He's discovered by police while working as a cook in one of the bars in Soi Cowboy by immigration and has to leave Thailand.