Teak Floors

pingping

Lucky you!

Any floor sanding system will work using a perimeter edger and then a main sander. There are newer ones that do not use a circular motion, but vibrate back and forth that give a better result (I think|). If there are no deep scratches even a half-sheet vibratory sander might be enough.

Much depends upon the condition of the floor and how smooth you want it to be, but teak can became a truly lovely floor.

The dust is considered a potential or suspect carcinogen, lung irritant and conjunctivia irritant, use a N95 respirator and preferably goggles.

I have no idea how to treat it once finished but would advise against polyurethane and would think that boiled linseed oil, and or tung oil, possibly with a japan drier might give you yummy resultns.

Lucky you!

Any floor sanding system will work using a perimeter edger and then a main sander. There are newer ones that do not use a circular motion, but vibrate back and forth that give a better result (I think|). If there are no deep scratches even a half-sheet vibratory sander might be enough.

Much depends upon the condition of the floor and how smooth you want it to be, but teak can became a truly lovely floor.

The dust is considered a potential or suspect carcinogen, lung irritant and conjunctivia irritant, use a N95 respirator and preferably goggles.

I have no idea how to treat it once finished but would advise against polyurethane and would think that boiled linseed oil, and or tung oil, possibly with a japan drier might give you yummy resultns.

Thanks for the info, would you know of anyone who can do this in CM? Can i buy linseed oil here?

An old thai man, experienced teak carpentry since the young age of 18 yrs till now already 34 yrs in the same skilled workmanship, he just about to complete a job for full teak wood restoration to a bungalow so can refer to the site to judge the workmanship for yourself. Don't know his charges for teak floor job as yours but you could PM me for his number.

linseed oil might get mildew in this climate....then again if you take off your shoes as you should why put anything? it's teak after all

there is actual teak oil, although i cannot tell where to get it here -maybe the place with all the lumber going from tung hotel rd towards the superhighway,,,,,

linseed oil might get mildew in this climate....then again if you take off your shoes as you should why put anything? it's teak after all

there is actual teak oil, although i cannot tell where to get it here -maybe the place with all the lumber going from tung hotel rd towards the superhighway,,,,,

Teak oil is sold at many of the large building supply shops like the larger Home Mart stores. Not hard to find near town. Nopadon Panit and the place across the highway often have it. Super between roads to Mae Jo and Doi Saket.