My Hands On Experience With Windows 7 Mobile

livinthailandos

first you guys should know this I've already played with windows 7 mobile on a few handset makers including LG and HTC, I played with these phones last week while in singapore at a Singtel shop.

I'll be honest I always have serious doubts about windows but its new windows 7 mobile platform is at least pretty good

1. Touch Screen user interface - pretty good, had no problems pressing on tiles, no delay response, able to swipe to other screens with easy

2. Main Screen in basically a lot of tiles - then by pressing on certain tiles it goes into another screen

3. Screen resolution - I would say as good as new smart phones that have recently come out

4. Built in use for word, excel documents, although editing them was was a different story

I know I should put more in and I know there are tons of reviews about windows 7 mobile but I didn't buy the phone although I could have without contract. I played with the phone for only about 30 minutes

Battery Life - don't know since don't have the phone

Apps - this is one area microsoft is going to have a long battle ahead as most developers are going apple first where the money is as well as for android, blackberry. I would put in symbian in but from news articles unless something major happens symbian is pretty much a lost cause.

if you guys get a chance to own windows mobile 7 or play with the phone I would like to hear your feedback as well. Please don't tell me about a apple iphone or android phone because I've owned both and each has its own strengths and weakness as well better for certain customers to. I just feel that windows 7 has potential at least when microsoft does something right finally.

Symbian seems to picking up speed with new version available in N8 and other handsets. Passed 3 million downloads per day mark recently.

Good news is also QT that will allow easy development of apps for both Symbian and MeeGo once it is released next year.

LINK

I really like the looks of the interface, but I think Microsoft was very much of a headless chicken in their choices for WP7. Microsoft on its own would never have not provided copy/paste or full third-party multitasking in a product, but they seem to think it's okay (or even desirable/sort of a zeitgeist) just because Apple did it. No other reason.

Currently WP7 is choke full of this kind of choices, it's fine if I just want a tech toy to play with, but I wouldn't choose one as a serious work phone for at least another year.