Where Do I Get The Medical Certificate For Thai Driver'S License?

JerryO

Thanks for the info. I'll go to a "random clinic", as the hospital said they will charge 1,000 baht, and it will probably take hours.

Last one I got from a clinic cost 60 Baht, took 2 minutes and the only thing they examined was my money! p.s. don't forget to get your residency letter from immigration as well.

i would not pay more than 100 baht, doctors or clinics,,would say doctor out on dark side on way to driving licence place.

do you need one for a renewal i did not last time as i went to change address and they said near time to retake test for ne licence and i did it there and then no letters from anywhere.

i would not pay more than 100 baht, doctors or clinics,,would say doctor out on dark side on way to driving licence place.

A little cheap are we? The same medical in the UK would cost you 8000 baht. For your own benefit if you are going to have a mediical pay the money and get it done properly.

A little cheap are we? The same medical in the UK would cost you 8000 baht. For your own benefit if you are going to have a mediical pay the money and get it done properly.

Two very different requirements.

A medical check up.

Or a medical certificate for driving license.

As said before no check up required only 100B.

Edited by kevkev1888

I guess the OP is not interested in his Health, he just needs a Certification for his licence. So 100 Baht is perfectly ok for that.

I renewed my 5-year car licence yesterday (second 5-year licence).

I did get a medical certificate - 100 Baht, no checkup - but it wasn't required (so why is it on the check list you might ask?)

I took along the usual residency letter from Immigration (200 Baht) and a copy of my passport (and the actual passport)

The application form was very easy to fill in - you don't need a Thai to do it for you.

I had to do a colour blindness test, a reaction-time test and a depth-perception test. No problem except with the depth perception equipment, which is not set up very well and it's difficult to see what you're doing, especially with about 20 other people milling around in front of it! I didn't have to do the peripheral vision test although I did see some people - Thais only - having to do this.

There was also a safety video to watch - more like a Thai soap opera actually. The staff took pity on us foreigners and we were allowed to leave after about 15 minutes.

On the whole, the procedure was pretty efficient but, as usual, the place was very crowded. The whole process from arrival - they open the doors at 08:00 but don't really start work until 08:30 - until leaving with my new licence took about 2 hours.

DM

I renewed my 5-year car licence yesterday (second 5-year licence).

I did get a medical certificate - 100 Baht, no checkup - but it wasn't required (so why is it on the check list you might ask?)

I took along the usual residency letter from Immigration (200 Baht) and a copy of my passport (and the actual passport)

The application form was very easy to fill in - you don't need a Thai to do it for you.

I had to do a colour blindness test, a reaction-time test and a depth-perception test. No problem except with the depth perception equipment, which is not set up very well and it's difficult to see what you're doing, especially with about 20 other people milling around in front of it! I didn't have to do the peripheral vision test although I did see some people - Thais only - having to do this.

There was also a safety video to watch - more like a Thai soap opera actually. The staff took pity on us foreigners and we were allowed to leave after about 15 minutes.

On the whole, the procedure was pretty efficient but, as usual, the place was very crowded. The whole process from arrival - they open the doors at 08:00 but don't really start work until 08:30 - until leaving with my new licence took about 2 hours.

DM

So if the peripheral test is for Thais nationals only, can we assume that Thais suffer from "Tunnel Vision" ......i.e. A blinkered view on everything....???:ph34r:

Maybe this explains why they never ever ever look left or right when driving a car or motorbike out onto a main road....then get squished.....sad :unsure:

So if the peripheral test is for Thais nationals only, can we assume that Thais suffer from "Tunnel Vision" ......i.e. A blinkered view on everything....???:ph34r:

Maybe this explains why they never ever ever look left or right when driving a car or motorbike out onto a main road....then get squished.....sad :unsure:

I had to do the peripheral test (as well as the others) when I got my car licence in Au Udom, was not needed for my renewal though.

If you peeps think 100b is being tight for a medical cert I just got one (need to get me scoot licence) and mine cost me 30b and I did not leave my office.

Edited by Spoonman

20 baht out in the sticks of Isaan a week ago - no ripping off of the falang here (although that doesn not apply to all tradespeople). Country living has its upsides.

Edited by SantiSuk

20 baht out in the sticks of Isaan a week ago - no ripping off of the falang here (although that doesn not apply to all tradespeople). Country living has its upsides.

My Thai partner pays 100 baht for the cert here in Pattaya so its not just farangs paying the extra.