A Shock For ' Peeping Tom'

george

A shock for 'Peeping Tom'

BANGKOK: -- A Buddhist monk-in-training from Cambodia was electrocuted in northeastern Thailand when he touched a live electric wire set as a trap for Peeping Toms seeking to peer at women using a nearby bathroom, police said on Thursday.

The body of the 19-year-old Buddhist novice from the northwestern Cambodian province of Siem Reap was found on Thursday morning near the bathroom built outside the home of Thongkhao Hajhom in Thailand's Sisaket province, 430km north of Bangkok, police captain Waranon Jullanon said.

Thongkhao told police he set up a live electric wire outside the bathroom to shock people peeping after he heard that young men in the area were peering at his daughter when she took her bath.

No one had been caught in the trap until Thursday, when police were informed that the body of the young monk in his saffron-coloured robe was discovered near the bathroom and an autopsy found he had been electrocuted.

No charges have been filed against Thongkhao and an investigation was continuing, police said. The name of the monk, who was staying temporarily at a temple near the house, was not available.

-- AP 2005-08-19

Personally, I wear thick rubber wellies!

BANGKOK: -- A Buddhist monk-in-training from Cambodia was electrocuted in northeastern Thailand when he touched a live electric wire set as a trap for Peeping Toms seeking to peer at women using a nearby bathroom, police said on Thursday.

The body of the 19-year-old Buddhist novice from the northwestern Cambodian province of Siem Reap was found on Thursday morning near the bathroom built outside the home of Thongkhao Hajhom in Thailand's Sisaket province, 430km north of Bangkok, police captain Waranon Jullanon said.

Thongkhao told police he set up a live electric wire outside the bathroom to shock people peeping after he heard that young men in the area were peering at his daughter when she took her bath.

No one had been caught in the trap until Thursday, when police were informed that the body of the young monk in his saffron-coloured robe was discovered near the bathroom and an autopsy found he had been electrocuted.

No charges have been filed against Thongkhao and an investigation was continuing, police said. The name of the monk, who was staying temporarily at a temple near the house, was not available.

-- AP 2005-08-19

-- AP 2005-08-19

Not to excuse the monk's alleged actions, but since when is peeping a death penalty offence? Laying a deadly trap instead of say, window shutters, should at least warrant a manslaughter charge. :o

cv

-- AP 2005-08-19

Not to excuse the monk's alleged actions, but since when is peeping a death penalty offence? Laying a deadly trap instead of say, window shutters, should at least warrant a manslaughter charge. :D

cv

A friend of mine is having a house built (in the UK) and is fed up with people coming on the site stealing things. So he set up aload of traps (not quite as severe as this) and against my advise. One night a thief got pretty cut up on the barbed wire and nails used in one of the traps. My friend has now been charged and is being sued by the thief. he now awaits the court date :o

-- AP 2005-08-19

Not to excuse the monk's alleged actions, but since when is peeping a death penalty offence? Laying a deadly trap instead of say, window shutters, should at least warrant a manslaughter charge. :D

cv

A friend of mine is having a house built (in the UK) and is fed up with people coming on the site stealing things. So he set up aload of traps (not quite as severe as this) and against my advise. One night a thief got pretty cut up on the barbed wire and nails used in one of the traps. My friend has now been charged and is being sued by the thief. he now awaits the court date :o

I bet the thief wasn't Cambodian and yes, you already said it wasn't in Thailand. :D

Edited by Sphere

-- AP 2005-08-19

cv

A friend of mine is having a house built (in the UK) and is fed up with people coming on the site stealing things. So he set up aload of traps (not quite as severe as this) and against my advise. One night a thief got pretty cut up on the barbed wire and nails used in one of the traps. My friend has now been charged and is being sued by the thief. he now awaits the court date :D

I bet the thief wasn't Cambodian and yes, you already said it wasn't in Thailand. :D

Yeah, sorry Sphere. I should have made my point more clearly. I was agreeing with cdnvic post and just showing the comparison between UK law and Thai. In the UK (and i would imagine most western countries) you are not allowed to set traps that would intentionally harm anyone, wether it be Cambodian or even the French :o:D

-- AP 2005-08-19

cv

A friend of mine is having a house built (in the UK) and is fed up with people coming on the site stealing things. So he set up aload of traps (not quite as severe as this) and against my advise. One night a thief got pretty cut up on the barbed wire and nails used in one of the traps. My friend has now been charged and is being sued by the thief. he now awaits the court date :D

Yeah, sorry Sphere. I should have made my point more clearly. I was agreeing with cdnvic post and just showing the comparison between UK law and Thai. In the UK (and i would imagine most western countries) you are not allowed to set traps that would intentionally harm anyone, wether it be Cambodian or even the French :o:D

No need to say sorry BoJ. I suppose no one here is going to lose sleep wondering why the offending trap-layer is not prosecuted. Especially so, because the victim is not an important person - not even Thai. I am surprised that they are not calling it a suicide yet! Guess they don't need to in this case.:D

-- AP 2005-08-19

cv

No need to say sorry BoJ. I suppose no one here is going to lose sleep wondering why the offending trap-layer is not prosecuted. Especially so, because the victim is not an important person - not even Thai. I am surprised that they are not calling it a suicide yet! Guess they don't need to in this case.:D

There was obviously no tall building around :D

Now the so-called convict has died already, are you sure he was peeing? I don't know how the mother put the wires, but are there any chance that she may just accidentally killed a passer-by? To be frankly, I climbed through wall several times in Thailand for different reasons, but none of the reasons were for the convenience of peeping!

The body of the 19-year-old Buddhist novice..............

I guess his only consolation was, that he died with a smile on his face. :o

Edited by DJ Moore