Restaurant/Commercial Cooking Equipment In Chiang Rai

Paul888

Has anybody come across a company or showroom supplying commercial cooking equipment for the restaurant industry?

Or even somewhere one could find suitable tables and chairs locally?

I have seen some stuff outside makro, but would appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks

Paul, I have not. seen much in the way of quality appliances here. However, I watch the Thai Visa classifieds in CM and CR and notice entire operations go up for sale in CM, often. This isn't the building or the business, but instead all of the fittings, furnishings and cooking appliances located in the now-defunct business.

Just so I don't have to wade through to many old ads, I always qualify the search with ads posted in the past five days. If you aren't in a big rush, check these out. Here is CR:

http://classifieds.t...10&ord=0&sens=0

Here is CM:

http://classifieds.t...=9&ord=0&sens=0

I do see lots of places in CR selling this type of stuff but for the most part, I don't see quality when I look.

My wife has some connections for quality furniture for that type of business or the resort/guest-house business, but the quality is reflected in the costs. You can contact her on here if you want to pursue that further. Her forum name is worphat.

Edited by kandahar

Apart from Tables and Chairs , what are you after ?

There is a shop practically opposite Green Wing motorbikes, past Da Vinci on the same side , near the traffic lights, they have a selection of stuff. Glad to be of Assistance :D

There is another shop , 2 or 3 shops before OverBrook hospitals main gate .

There is a shop that sells both new and second hand catering equipment near to the main TOT telephone centre.

Coming from Big C if you take a left just before the King Mengrai statue , it is on your left hand side.

It is mostly gas appliances that they sell, I don't think they have any furniture.

Thanks guys very helpful, I was sure I had seen somewhere but just couldn't remember where.

I actually drive past Greenwings four times EVERY school day, so I guess the next thing I need to look out for is an optician!

Opticians. There is one near the market , the market with the old clock tower in it, the one thats NOT Gold , and for those members who only know of the Gold clock tower, the old one now in the market used to be where the Gold one is now, :D

The other opticians is practically opposite the big Thai airways office in town , next to Robinson - the department store , the one that has Tops super market attached to the side, opposite the new Korean Japanese restaurant .Hope that helps . :D

Six million baht.... :o:o:o

Impossible to comment on that price without seeing what they base it on.

It could be a great price if it included that building in that location, a realistic and achievable one if it doesn't but the restaurant revenues alone support it, or an ambitious one if they do not.

Reality is that everybody values a business differently, and at the end of the day, no matter how much money and love you put in, it is only worth what you can get somebody to pay for it.