Absolute Beginner

sgunn65

Hi

I am a complete beginner in the art of photography. I have just bought a Canon EOS 1000D so that I can photograph my art as i am setting up a business to promote young Thai Urban artists as well as sell limited edition prints of modern art.

I need some advice on the best way to photograph my art. Some are framed and some are unframed.

Although I bought the camera for business purposes, last night I was on the beach by my condo in Na Jontiem photographing the sunset to get some experience with the camera and the results were (to me) great. I think I might be catching the bug!!! I expect i will start putting up pictures to be evaluated soon!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Paul knows what he's talking about. That is how a museum would do it and place a coin in the art work and turn your lens polarizer to where the coin turns dark. At that point you're cutting out all reflections, but my guess is that's way more difficult than you want.

If easy is what you're after then you might just want to do it in sunlight, but make sure you use a white card to correctly color balance your art, so that its true to life.