Certificate Of Residence

There are a lot of threads on this but with a quick search, (5 mins) I din't find the details.

What I recall from my own experience in Chiang Mai was passport copy (all relevant pages), 2 photos, rental contract or possibly your name on the back of a Chanote if you are blessed to be on the receiving end of a usufruct, possibly a bill(telephone) in your name, and an application form.

Chiang Mai charges 500 baht. I have read in my search that Chiang Mai no longer does it, but they were doing them earlier this year....... for Chiang Mai resident readers of this.

It is a proof of residence letter, so if you are confused, bring all that you can that would help them write you this letter without reservation

DR

Went to Chaengwatana, Bangkok office last week. You need only your passport,90 day report receipt if you report and 100 baht. You go to J1 counter but it's not marked.Look at the last counter J2 and the next is J1. No waiting or number just walk in and give them your completed Certificate Of Residence form they will give you when you check in or you can download it.

I went last week too, and they wanted photocopies of my 90 day report, the info page of passport, and my retirement extension, plus the completed form. I think they make it up as they go along, so just go downstairs to the copy centre if they require anything else. As mentioned, do not get a queuing number, as the people on the front desk do not have a clue where you should go. I have done this twice now, over 12 months apart, and nobody seems to have informed any officers of the location of the residency officer. The location of the office is between the J's and the K's. It has a board outside, but it is always unlit, and you just walk in and sit down until somebody eventually decides to wander in. They charge 100 baht per person for the EMS return, and it takes approximately 2 weeks.

Good luck

Alan