Book Written By

Finlaco

It was an aside.

In 1967, Moon set in motion events which would become one of rock's most famous legends. According to the book Local DJ, a Rock & Roll History, Moon, drunk at his 21st birthday party at the Holiday Inn in Flint, Michigan, began the celebration by blowing the toilet in his room to pieces with dynamite, leaping out of the bathroom at the last possible moment to avoid porcelain toilet shards.[26] He then allegedly drove a Cadillac (according to Moon's own account, it was a Lincoln Continental) into the hotel pool. While Moon had established a notorious history of blowing up toilets at other Holiday Inns, the car incident led to them being banned from Flint and The Holiday Inn for life. The Who had just opened for Herman's Hermits.

Couldn't locate a book, just the blogger.

Far be it from me to drag a topic back on track but...

I too recall reading about a book that answers to the OP's description. I have a vague recollection it was a review in something like the Bangkok Post, but I can now find no trace of anything like it in book form. It may have been based on/by the same author as the above-mentioned blog.