Flights From Uk

sadman

MAN- BKK via doha, with QATAR has cost me £405.00 inclusive

6TH NOV- 4TH DEC. Never flown this airline before, but according to Skytrax they are a 5 star airline, and the stop over in both directions, is about 1 hour, I,m sure they also fly LHR for the southereners here.

I booked with http://www.thg.co.uk/index_holidays_flights.htm hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heathrow Bangkok GBP485 Economy...air miles... Yes

Hi Rinanda, are you sure air miles will be allocated to a TG Royal Orchid miles account, looks like TG do not recognise most SINGAPORE flights. ( is this allowed under the Star Alliance regulations ? )

Singapore Airlines

G,N,Q,R,V = No miles

Note Should any sector in a Economy class ticket contain these classes, the entire ticket will not be eligible for mileage.

1 Apr 2000

1 Jun 2004

25 Mar 2001

http://www.thaiairways.com/Royal_Orchid_Pl..._of_service.htm

I just wonder if SIN recognise TG miles, are these 2 airlines still standoffish with each other?

Cheers, please reply b4 I book with SIN

C.F....

Just been having a chat with one of the young ladies at Singas Airways and she confirms that apart from their really "cheep cheep" package and charter deals ALL of these including the Flexi Savers London >Singapore =£470...London> Bangkok £480 (incl Tax) are classified with a Flight status of "W" which merit full AIR MILES (note TG W-V different).

..So looks like its a good done deal.

I am thinking of maybe nipping out to Sing for the weekend just for a quick G Sling and top up of said A.Ms...plus a check out of the lounge at Changi...long time no been... :o

I also emailed their Kris Club for something in writing but as yet no reply...so...

How do you get free airmiles? is it one airline per set of airmiles per year or can you add all airlines together or is it the credit card company used for booking the flight gives them to you? sorry to be a pain in the *ss as I have no idea

Join Thai's Royal Orchid Plus program online, then present your ROP-card/number when checking-in for any Star-Alliance airline flight and, with a few (small print) exceptions you'll be credited for airmiles towards free flights with Thai.

Nothing to do with the credit-card company (who may have other incentive-plans).

Use the Thai/ROP card because, after you have 15k airmiles under your belt, you then get Silver-status which will allow you an extra 10kgs of hold-luggage on check-in for a Thai flight. Very useful when you're over-loaded to/from LOS ! :o

MAN- BKK via doha, with QATAR has cost me £405.00 inclusive

6TH NOV- 4TH DEC. Never flown this airline before, but according to Skytrax they are a 5 star airline, and the stop over in both directions, is about 1 hour, I,m sure they also fly LHR for the southereners here.

I booked with  http://www.thg.co.uk/index_holidays_flights.htm  hope this helps

Flown with Qatar twice and you get what you pay for.

The food say compared to Emirates is only average.

The planes are comfortable and the service is quite good.

Doha airport is very small and it can be chaotic with nowhere to sit, but as you say the turnaround if the flight if not delayed is pretty quick.

The planes do not have any docking points at the airport terminal and you have to be bussed in from the parking slots off of the runway...some delays in the heat can occur and this can be quite irritating.

Last time I flew with them was May and I decided not to fly with them again due to the problems which we had in the terminal which was unbelievable chaos as the checking in staff did not seem to have a clue what they were doing.

Many people were checked through into the tiny gate lounge and had to stand for almost an hour before embarkation....even elderley people and people with small children.

One member of the check in staff (male) started to shout at an elderley person who had been sent to one area and then told that she should not be in that area. Many people were complaining and this arrogant b*stard got a right tongue lashing from me for the way he was treating people, but the staff were so arrogant it made no difference.

Qatar airlines has set itself up as a hub for many international destinations and the infrstructure at the airport just cannot cope.

So for a cheap flight yes it`s ok....but for an extra few pounds you can do much better.

I also find that because you get off the plane almost halfway back to the Uk you have to wake yourself up and then try to get back to sleep when you are flying the second leg of the trip. When you get back to the Uk you are tired.

I flew Emirates last time and was not impressed with the legroom.

A couple of people recommended Etihad and I paid for my parents to come here with them in August at a much cheaper price than any other airline. OK, it's via Abu Dhabi but does have the advantage of using either Heathrow or Gatwick. Allegedly they are trying to compete with Emirates and my family said the flight was fine. I'll try the myself next time. Sadly no air miles programme yet.

Heathrow Bangkok GBP485 Economy...air miles... Yes

Hi Rinanda, are you sure air miles will be allocated to a TG Royal Orchid miles account, looks like TG do not recognise most SINGAPORE flights. ( is this allowed under the Star Alliance regulations ? )

Singapore Airlines

G,N,Q,R,V = No miles

Note Should any sector in a Economy class ticket contain these classes, the entire ticket will not be eligible for mileage.

1 Apr 2000

1 Jun 2004

25 Mar 2001

http://www.thaiairways.com/Royal_Orchid_Pl..._of_service.htm

I just wonder if SIN recognise TG miles, are these 2 airlines still standoffish with each other?

Cheers, please reply b4 I book with SIN

C.F....

Just been having a chat with one of the young ladies at Singas Airways and she confirms that apart from their really "cheep cheep" package and charter deals ALL of these including the Flexi Savers London >Singapore =£470...London> Bangkok £480 (incl Tax) are classified with a Flight status of "W" which merit full AIR MILES (note TG W-V different).

..So looks like its a good done deal.

I am thinking of maybe nipping out to Sing for the weekend just for a quick G Sling and top up of said A.Ms...plus a check out of the lounge at Changi...long time no been... :o

I also emailed their Kris Club for something in writing but as yet no reply...so...

I`m going out next week with the Mrs. and just booked through ebookers

www.ebookers.com tel 08700107000.

Flying Singapore Airlines...2 nights in Singapore incl 4* hotel and ABF then Silk Air to Phuket...18 nights 4* incl ABF cost each £730 including transfers, which I thought was pretty good.

So I`ll be having a few slings as well :D

I also find that because you get off the plane almost halfway back to the Uk you have to wake yourself up and then try to get back to sleep when you are flying the second leg of the trip. When you get back to the Uk you are tired.

I agree - much less disruption to your overall journey if you change planes only an hour so from UK (both ways, obviously) e.g. Schiphol, Paris, Vienna etc.

Hi I agree with first poser, prices through the roof, Brother just flown out from UK, normally heathrow prices can be as litle as £300 with jordanian, qata, he paid £430 from manchester.

I go to shanghai on sunday (sept 11!) and go a reasonable deal for £322 + paid £60 for double entry visa. Flying with alitalia, just read up on this airline and it has some terrible reviews, im hoping at least it isnt as bad as aeroflot!

1 thing about the fuel prices, I will be pissed if i find out prices have gone up due to katrina, UK has sent out our reserves to the US, why cant the US use thiers?! Fuel prices at my local esso reached 105p / liter, it makes it worse that american recue helicopters were only picking up americans and leaving the british stranded!

I had a great deal this time with Thai, went out to Bangkok 1st week in August, came back 1st week September with the Mrs and the kids, I used some air miles up on my frequent flyer card, gold, the price of the return flight cost us 67.00 GBP, that was the damm airport tax, heathrow, so free flight, checked in at Heathrow , had an upgrade to Business class, on the return, sitting at gate 12 in don Muang, my name came across the P.A, could i go to the desk, i was told i had an upgrade to first class, amazing, mrs and the kids were not amused, as they were in economy, nice one Thai. one of the best trips yet.

Edited by Thaicoon

Seem to get more expensive every xmas that's for sure. Cheapest on TG seems to be £736 from those liars westeast travel. I booked on eithad, god knows what they are like, some good reports and some awful but affordable for me at £595. I have been on TG the last 36 times but they seem increasingly poor value considering the sate of some of the fleet-peter

Sadman: try departing from Germany. KLM for example has 7-day Last Minute Deals for around £ 390 / 505 Euros. Easyjet flies to Berlin for example. Moreover, it would make sense to join the loyalty program of an airline and reap in at least 1 free flight p.a. Go to klm.de and then click on the yellow square icon. Good luck!

Good prices from everyone incl Thai at the mo...September- however they are all starting playing silly buggers again in October.....upwards???

Got minesweeper on here at work but will do a run through tonight at home...

Singapores doing a flexi special until Dec to Bangkok for £480 but via Sing.

:o

Anybody know who has the best fares from BKK to LHR at the moment. I want to go back first week October for 10 days or so.Best price non-stop through Opodo, (and I would prefer non-stop )is 638 pounds British Airways?

Cheers

TP

TP - just found this with Travelocity:

1 adult Total: GBP 447.90

Flight: Qantas Airways flight 2 on a Boeing 747 Jet

Depart: London Heathrow, UK (LHR) - Thu, 06 Oct 22:15

Arrive: Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) - Fri, 07 Oct 15:35

Flight: Qantas Airways flight 301 operated by British Airways on Boeing 747 Jet

Depart: Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) - Tue, 18 Oct 23:10

Arrive: London Heathrow, UK (LHR) - Wed, 19 Oct 05:20

Try it yourself at:

http://res.travelocity.co.uk/lognlogin.ctl...811961126192555

and use the "My dates are flexible" option - it'll show you what flights are available at a given price and when.

Good luck :o

Anybody know who has the best fares from BKK to LHR at the moment. I want to go back first week October for 10 days or so.Best price non-stop through Opodo, (and I would prefer non-stop )is 638 pounds British Airways?

Cheers

TP

forget abput booking this journey through western companies, you will get hammered.

see: http://www.travexnet.com/airlines/airfare_temp.asp

:o:D

Cheers

TP

Try it yourself at:

and use the "My dates are flexible" option - it'll show you what flights are available at a given price and when.

Good luck :D

Hi steve tp said bkk to lhr but on reading it again tp uses opodo and qoutes sterling

:o for your next trip steve try southalltravel.co.uk for them same dates qatar are 414 all in.

Not all the time but for most dates southall is always cheaper than airlinenetwork opodo etc.Also check dialaflight.com i have just booked with them for my next trip with malaysia air for 464 all in with airlinenetwork etc wanting over 700 pound Good luck.

Cheers

TP

Try it yourself at:

Good luck :D

Hi steve tp said bkk to lhr but on reading it again tp uses opodo and qoutes sterling

:o for your next trip steve try southalltravel.co.uk for them same dates qatar are 414 all in.

Not all the time but for most dates southall is always cheaper than airlinenetwork opodo etc.Also check dialaflight.com i have just booked with them for my next trip with malaysia air for 464 all in with airlinenetwork etc wanting over 700 pound Good luck.

Appreciated - already stored their site in my Favourites :D

Seems a lot of you guys don't dig too deep for decent prices

just booked LHR-BKK for Oct 14 at £383 with Etihad. Got a similar

price when I flew with them in June - really hacked off the Thai

babe sitting next to me who boasted she had booked three months

in advance and got a fare of £475.

price when  I flew with them in June - really hacked off the Thai

I'm going qith them in Dec what did you think? I have read good reviews but more never again type comments-peter

price when  I flew with them in June - really hacked off the Thai

So , who did you book with, to get that offer ?

Just come in a couple of minutes ago...Good but could be BETTER :D

TG- £399 Bangkok-01 - 30 Sep 05 - Companion fare

TG- £414 Phuket, Krabi, Chiang Mai,Chiang Rai, Trang

01 - 30 Sep 05 - Companion fare

Eva- £439 bangkok 18 Sep - 30 Nov 05 - Book by 23 Sep - Companion Fare

China Eastern- £389 01 Sep - 09 Dec 05-Book by 31 Oct ...........

Travelmood.

and...

TG- BANGKOK FROM ONLY: £315

INCLUDES FREE DOMESTIC FLIGHT WITHIN THAILAND, CHOOSE FROM KRABI, PHUKET, CHIANG MAI, CHIANG RAI & MANY MANY MORE!

Valid when 2 people travel together. Valid for sale until 20 Sep 05. Valid for travel from 01 Sep - 30 Sep 05. Departures from London Heathrow.

EVA- BANGKOK FROM ONLY £365

Valid for travel 18 Sep-30 Nov 05. Valid for sale until 23 Sep 05. Departures from London Heathrow.

Free Return National Express Coach transfers from anywhere in the UK to London Heathrow! :o

New BOEING 777-300ER - New Economy Class 33" Seat Pitch / 18.5" Seat Width Adjustable Headrest / Configuration : 3-3-3 8.4" Seatback TV + AVOD (Audio Video On Demand) & SMS Message Facility On Every Seat

Singapore Airlines - ANY DESTINATION, ONE PRICE - ONLY £370!

Singapore, Balikpapan , Bangkok, Brunei, Cebu, Chaing Mai, Davao, Denpasar, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Jakarta, Krabi, Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi, Manado, Manila, Mataram, Medan, Padang, Palembang, Penang, Phnom Penh, Phuket, Siem Reap, Solo, Surabaya, Yangon, or Hong Kong

Valid for sale until 20 Sep 2005. Valid for travel from 15 Aug - 30 Nov 05 & 01 Jan - 15 Jan - 30 Apr 06, Departures from London Heathrow or Manchester

Cathay Pacific - SOUTH EAST ASIA SPECIAL - FROM £380

Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Manila, Cebu, Peking, Xiamen, Taipei, Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukoka, Sapporo, Jakarta, Denpasar, Surabaya.

Valid for sale until 20 Sep 2005. Valid for travel 18 Aug-30 Nov 05 & 16 Jan - 26 Mar 06. Departures from London Heathrow

PRICE BEAT PROMISE

We are so confident that our flight prices are the most competitive around, if you find the same flights cheaper anywhere else, we won’t offer to match it, we’ll simply “beat” it

For all our latest unbeatable offers visit www.westeasttravel.com or call now on 0870 220 1001

SALE STARTS TODAY - LIMITED AVAILABILITY - BOOK NOW!

westeast