Submarine Ride

Padkapow Guy

Two companies, Hitec Submarine Co. and Dlian Hi-Win have built the subs on a 70/30 ratio for cost pricing. This amounts to about 18.6 million Hong Kong dollars per sub. The subs have glass bottoms and will cater to mainly Chinese tourists coming to see the ocean floor, coral and oceanic life of Pattaya Bay. They will only be the 57th and 58th boats of their kind for tourist expeditions like this in the world - which make this a very exclusive attraction.

The tours will focus mainly on Chinese tourists, but the company has been in contact with other agencies in Europe and Thailand and is hoping to get between 70,000-80,000 tourists a year. This will be enough to cover the main costs for the operation of the submarines and the 3-story ferry and boats that will house the tourists and transport them from Pattaya Pier to the ferry.

The total cost for a dive of about 25-30 minutes in the sub will be 2,500 baht, and the project will run for 5 years on an experimental basis to see if the tourists like the service. Each sub has enough capacity to have 48 people on board per dive.

The company assures 100% safety for its dives. The subs each have enough oxygen to last up to 72 hours, if some emergency should occur and this will give the divers, which will also be going down with the sub each time, and engineers on the ferry enough time to rescue any people trapped underwater.

The area for the submarines to dive has already been determined by the city of Pattaya. They will receive 1 square kilometer of ocean floor, which will be off limits to other ships in order to assure maximum safety. The area for diving is at a depth of between 12-17 meters and is famous for its beautiful coral life.

Note:chinese tourists' only please..We don't want to lower the tone by targeting the european sex-pats!!

Edited by lovethailandlongtime

thanks for the fast reply.

are you serious about chinese tourist only? Please tell me your joking.

Note:chinese tourists' only please..We don't want to lower the tone by targeting the european sex-pats!!

I am not a sex pat or european and have a thai wife. We would like to take children on the tour. Is this possible?

What about the sub in Phuket? Is that for chinese only also.

That would be a real bummer to be denied a tour because I am not chinese.

PKG

I am not a sex pat or european and have a thai wife. We would like to take children on the tour. Is this possible?

PKG

:o:D:D:D

I took a ride in the "Yellow Submarine" with my Thai girlfriend back in February.

It cost me 3000 baht per person at a travel agent.

But when we were there, another couple told us they had paid only 1800 baht at the pier.

So I suggest you go to the pier at about 9:00 - 10:00 am and buy your ticket there (the big pier south of Walking Street).

As for the ride itself, just a short one, not very deep, nice and safe. Not thrilling but I don't regret it either, because hey, I've been in a submarine.

And certainly not "Chinese only" as there were no Chinese on board.

I think with a little bit yellow color and not opening your eyes to much, you might get a chance to come in

:o:D:D

PKG