Insulin-Nouvomix 30

timekeeper

does anyone know of a pharmacy in the Pattaya area other than Fascino that sells insulin?

they are currently out of stock and whilst they say it will be here tomorrow , i have heard that before and i am covering my options

the hospitals are the very last option, bangkok pattaya hospital charges 180% per cartridge more than Fascino!

i have one left so i am ok for a couple of days but any help is appreciated

thank you

There is a large pharmacy on Sukhumvit (west side) which is either between Theprasit Road and Pattaya Tai, or Pataya tai and Pattaya Klang - sorry I can never remember it's precise location - but you will know it when you see it as it is very large, has a 'hard of hearing' dept at the back and you can park outside. They stock insulin so it is worth a try.

I also take insulin (2 types) and rely on Fascino for my supplies. After being caught out a few times,I always re-stock well before I run out (at least two weeks). Sometimes it comes in the next day but on other occasions it has taken a week or so.

Fascino provides ongoing, life-saving medication for many people in Pattaya, ( I spend around 15k Baht there a month ), who rely on their meds being in stock. I have overheard them saying on more than one occasion that some farang had come in and bought out their entire stock of an item and left them short. IMHO I think it is irresponsible of them to sell out their entire stock in this manner as they know their regular customers will be severely inconvenienced until they are able to re-stock. I know its expecting a lot, but even in Thailand they must have some concept of customer care. If there is ever a decent alternative to Fascino in Pattaya,I for one will never shop there again. But it will probably never happen and they know it and just don't care.

There is a large pharmacy on Sukhumvit (west side) which is either between Theprasit Road and Pattaya Tai, or Pataya tai and Pattaya Klang - sorry I can never remember it's precise location - but you will know it when you see it as it is very large, has a 'hard of hearing' dept at the back and you can park outside. They stock insulin so it is worth a try.

I also take insulin (2 types) and rely on Fascino for my supplies. After being caught out a few times,I always re-stock well before I run out (at least two weeks). Sometimes it comes in the next day but on other occasions it has taken a week or so.

Fascino provides ongoing, life-saving medication for many people in Pattaya, ( I spend around 15k Baht there a month ), who rely on their meds being in stock. I have overheard them saying on more than one occasion that some farang had come in and bought out their entire stock of an item and left them short. IMHO I think it is irresponsible of them to sell out their entire stock in this manner as they know their regular customers will be severely inconvenienced until they are able to re-stock. I know its expecting a lot, but even in Thailand they must have some concept of customer care. If there is ever a decent alternative to Fascino in Pattaya,I for one will never shop there again. But it will probably never happen and they know it and just don't care.

thanks Mobi

i hoped you would be around to help me

its much appreciated

ps i agree with you about Fascino

Unless I am very much mistaken that Pharmacy is now a McDonalds restaurant, The location of the pharmacy that used to be there with the hearing clinic at the back is now on the South bound carriageway just where the Motorway intersects with Sukhumvit.

Unless I am very much mistaken that Pharmacy is now a McDonalds restaurant, The location of the pharmacy that used to be there with the hearing clinic at the back is now on the South bound carriageway just where the Motorway intersects with Sukhumvit.

thanks Rimmer, i would have felt pretty stupid asking for Insulin in McDonalds

its probably too many visits there that created the need for it in the first place..........

thanks again to you and Mobi

Thanks Rimmer - that probably explains why I have had trouble spotting it recently.... (I thought my glaucoma was getting worse :blink: )

The only other alternative if you can't get your insulin is to change brands and buy something equivalent. I had to do this once and I also had to buy a new insulin pen as the cartridges are not interchangeable.

The joys of living in Pattaya..... :)

Hi all

will be in patts after xmas for 2 mths and am using novorapid and lantus 3ml carts are they available at fascino?

I gather its a pharmacy in patts somewhere can you please tell me where in Patts?

thanks

Lantus is stocked as are novo products so you should be OK, but as you can see from this thread they are sometimes out of stock and you might have to wait up to a week or so for fresh supplies.

Fascino is located on Pattaya Nua, on the left hand side if you are coming from Sukhumvit, about 500 meters after the turning to third road. It has a sign in English and a large car park.

Order early before you run out.

thanks mobi

Any idea on how much lantus and novorapid would cost?

I am assuming they would also have test strips?

I use optium and the price even a rough guess for the above would be good

thanks all

i use Novomix 30 and its 1660 for x5 300ml pen cartridges

strips are about 900 baht for 50.

thanks mobi

Any idea on how much lantus and novorapid would cost?

I am assuming they would also have test strips?

I use optium and the price even a rough guess for the above would be good

thanks all

i use Novomix 30 and its 1660 for x5 300ml pen cartridges

strips are about 900 baht for 50.

Lantus is 3070 Baht and one touch test strips are 1235 Baht for a box of 50.

i got my Novomix last night

Fascino phoned to say they had x5 boxes arrive and were decent enough to put my name on one of them

i was inclined to buy the lot but thought about the other poor b*stards with diabetes

have a wonderful Christmas fellow sufferers................

i got my Novomix last night

Fascino phoned to say they had x5 boxes arrive and were decent enough to put my name on one of them

i was inclined to buy the lot but thought about the other poor b*stards with diabetes

have a wonderful Christmas fellow sufferers................

Good on ya!

You're a bloody saint :jap: