Triple B Internet Driving Me Nuts!

PostmanPat

Use to have the problems OP is describing until they replaced or added to the cable in our moobaan. After that, virtually no problems. As far as their customer service - it's a joke. I posted a rather extensive complaint on TV about them when I was experiencing the Hell one experiences with on and off internet access.

In short, I feel your pain.

Mine was doing that last week. Had to get technician over who separated telephone from internet. When they changed to 3BB and added another box they hadn't completely run a separate internet line into the house, they kept it joined up with the telephone line.

Actually I think their customer service is OK but that's in Thai anyway. Then you have to get very technical so the girl at the desk hands you over to a real technician. After that all is OK.

My previous experience with customer service. Sound familiar anybody?

Posted 2010-05-15 20:11

Let me first start off by saying that I have become familiar, and therefore necessarily tolerant, of the common business practice should one require assistance in the LOS - It won't happen anytime soon. That said, my recent run-in with 3BB goes waaaaaaaaayyyyyy beyond the requisite normal jai yen yen . experience.

Two nights ago my internet ceased functioning. The next morning I called 3BB in Bangkok and was told that Chiang Mai would call me back. Two hours later I called again. Same story. So my Thai wife called, and insisted that she be connected to an English speaking supervisor in Chiang Mai. This was our 3rd attempt (it was mid afternoon). When the English speaking drone from Bangkok came to the phone and looked up our records, she stated, sounding quite perturbed, "You have called many times." I naturally said, what should I do? I can't send you an email.

She guaranteed that a supervisor from Chiang Mai would be calling. I waited. Then I called again, asking for the same (I had her name) Bangkok drone. She wasn't in. I was put through to Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai said that the problem was in Bangkok, and I was transferred back to BKK. There a 'Field Supervisor' had me run some tests on my laptop. Then she concluded that "Your problem is in Chiang Mai. I'll have a field supervisor call you from Chiang Mai. This time a person actually called and said that a service person will be out in the morning since it is already almost 5:00 PM. and no one is available.

Next morning, I called at 9:00. They will call us back. In the mean time - no serviceman. My wife called, and had me successfully connected to Chiang Mai. The same supervisor was not available. Then, while I was patiently waiting for a new person to render that special 3BB personal touch, Chiang Mai hung up on me. I called BKK. Spoke to a new English speaking supervisor. She said that she would definitely have a supervisor in Chiang Mai call in "one hour." No problem. Of course that never happened. So I called her back - and, you guessed it - she was unavailable.

Fortunately my wife suddenly recalled, as I was starting to lapse into internet-trauma-meltdown, that she had the mobile number of the last serviceman that rendered internet CPR. She called, he came out, and it worked - at last - for about 2 hours. Then no more. So, we called again that evening (the serviceman of course), and he told us that they are rewiring our mooban, so I need to be patient. It should be finished by the end of THIS month. Before he arrived the second time in 2 days, the internet started working again, then quit, then started again. Mr. Serviceman (AKA SUPERMAN) came in and said that the new wiring will be finished by the end of NEXT month. But he used some other code or something and I have had service - at least long enough to pen this post.

It's no wonder that the subject company frequently changes their name. I'm certain that they may be running from hordes of virulent, internet-withdrawing, frantic farrangs. Bottom line; anyone who wants to experience 3BB (or whatever they may be called by the time I finish this post) must be into self-abuse, or love paying for not having service, or both. In any event, avoid then at all costs, or get use to being cut off from the world.

Cheers

Edited by venturalaw