Recommended Thai Cooking Classes In Cm?

jsflynn603

I'm interested in taking a three day, or 5 day cooking class in CM.

Searching through the CM threads there are several, but they are dated. One stuck out:

"Posted 2008-09-21 15:01

I quite enjoyed my 3 day course at Sompet:

SOMPET COOKERY SCHOOL, Chiang Inn Plaza, Changklan Rd., Tel. 280901."

But the listed phone number, and another phone number listed elsewhere no longer work.

Also I cannot find "Chiang Inn Plaza's address or location.

Does anyone know if this school is still in existence and how to reach them or how to find "Chiang Inn Plaza?" I live off Chlangklan Road so it should be someplace around here.

Other recommendations would be welcomed.

Thank you

I have two Thai step daughters who have made the rounds taking classes in Chiang Mai. Here are a couple that I remember they liked. Thai Cookery School on Moon Muang near Thapae gate. http://www.thaicookeryschool.com/

And Gaps, not far from there, off Rachamankala near AUA. http://www.gaps-house.com/thai%20culinary%20art%20cooking%20school/

These are tourist oriented and if you need English instruction that is probably the best bet. I'm not familiar with Sompet's, although I've heard the name for years.

One that is oriented to training professional Thai chef's is Ajarn Yinsak's school on Chotana Road. One of my daughters took several of their 5 day programs. They have western food classes as well as Thai. You have to go to the main Bangkok school for a complete professional level course. They may have some options for English instruction, but I think it is mostly in Thai. If you want contact information PM me.

There was a thread last year on this forum: Culinary School for Aspiring Thai Chef. The tourist day courses were not discussed. Good luck.