Scams Around The Town

smedly

I've been observing some pubs/bars last few days and have seen a wide variety of measures prices etc, personally I like to get what I pay for, I hate being ripped off and if I find anything untoward I will not return to the establishment again........I've actually been quite shocked at the various findings, I will not name the particular places I'm referring too just general area

First two well known bars in LK metro that claim to serve 35ml for a short measureBoth use the 35ml dispencer and both are either being ripped of by their staff or have instructed them not the to fill the measure to the top as they are supposed too, one was serving short measures that where a good 1.5cm from the top of the tapered measuring cup that in my estimation is about 30% down on the full measure and this particular well known place is not the cheapest either, for me this is like paying 120baht for a drink and only getting 70bahts worth

The other more wide spread practise all over pattaya is getting a very small measure which is poured into the glass last, initially it tastes strong but after being stirred amounts to a very small measure indeed, a lot of these bars seem to try and hide the drink pouring from customers.They where all falang owned and in my opinion should be bypassed until this is sorted out

If I am buying a drink I want to know the measure and the price and I want the full measure as claimed by the owners

Edited by smedly

Yes those pub owners, bartenders, etc are a sneaky bunch. Tourist numbers are down, wages going up, more competition coming to town, booze keeps going up in price, property owners raising rent, etc. Next they will be drawing drafts with a head that fills one fourth the glass and cutting the limes into 8 pieces instead of 4.

Sometimes I just bring my own bottle and order, mixer, if still dissatisfied, I just just stay at home to booze it up.

It does appear that those establishments which give full measures and good service at reasonable price manage to make it thru the rougher times and the few valid complaints are dealt with quickly, while those complaining ex customers chairs are quickly filled.

Yes those pub owners, bartenders, etc are a sneaky bunch. Tourist numbers are down, wages going up, more competition coming to town, booze keeps going up in price, property owners raising rent, etc. Next they will be drawing drafts with a head that fills one fourth the glass and cutting the limes into 8 pieces instead of 4.

Sometimes I just bring my own bottle and order, mixer, if still dissatisfied, I just just stay at home to booze it up.

It does appear that those establishments which give full measures and good service at reasonable price manage to make it thru the rougher times and the few valid complaints are dealt with quickly, while those complaining ex customers chairs are quickly filled.

Nice one.

Holy hell, looks like they have joined the real estate union..... no sales = increase comm %, oh rentals too. Remember, power to the people, boycott those who practice embezzlement. Merry Christmas. LOL

Oldest bar trick in the entire world .The short shot. Even a Mai Tai in Hawaii is subject to food coloring in the pineapple mix to make it brown so you think it is dark rum in it yes but 1/4 to a half a shot not a full.

If you want to burn the bar & always get full alcohol order a beer. dam_n hard to dilute & get away with it.... Order NO ICE.

:rolleyes:

Is that all you're worried about these days? Whether you get a "full measure" or not?

Don't you have better things to do, than worry about that?

Sure there are bars where your getting less than a full measure. Just don't go back there again if that bothers you.

I'm no longer a regular on the "booze and br--ds" round...to old for that now...but in my days I very seldom went to a bar for the drinks...it was usually for the girls there. Sure, I knew I was paying more than I should for short measures and watered down drinks. The drinks were usually just there as a prop anyhow so I could watch the girls.

And I don't think I was the only person who was there for that reason either.

:rolleyes: