Ex Pats In Sakon Nakhon

guyshown

To all I'm trying to figure out a rough estimate of how many "Farang" live in or Visit the province of Sakon Nakhon.

I have been in the province for roughly 10 years and before we had Makro and Big C it seemed that I saw very few "farang". Now that we have made it uptown with Big C and Makro It seems to be a common place to "spot" the Farang.

I would assume that most Farang with the exception of a few pensioners and teachers most are visitors.

Best wishes to all

Tony

Hi Tony, and Happy Christmas.

I've lived near Sakon Nakhon for two years. I see a lot of farangs in Big C. As I live in the country - about 30 kms out - and don't have a car, I usually only go to town once or twice a month.

Best wishes,

Jezz.

Asked that question at Immigration early this year.

Was told there are close to 300 retired/married/teaching registered with the local office.

There are a number of persons working off shore, with a part time residence here.

Taking a wild guess, the regular extended (90day) visitors, and those semi permanent residents who leave the country every thirty days, are probably also in the hundreds.

Hans

http://sakonnakhon-live.blogspot.com/

Jezz and Hans

Thanks for the reply! And happy holidays !!

I can understand about the offshore group as currently I fit that category.

I live about 20 minutes from Sakon Nakhon in Tharae been in the same house for 10 + years and looking at returning full time within the next year or so.... I keep saying that every year but the kids are getting older and I seem to miss them more and more every time I depart!

I am just trying to figure out or get a little more in tune with the Ex pat community. I'm rather intergraded into the local community but cannot say that about the Expat community. So I thought this might be a way to reach out to see really what is out there..

Hans thanks for the link to the blog that is great !

Best wishes again

Tony

Tony

Same as you, offshore etc live just along the road from you in Kusuman. Agree with what you say about farangs, before hardly ever saw any, now plenty.

Tubber thanks for the reply,

Ok I know Kusuman well or the road to Kusuman as I have another house on the highway in Nonggabok and a my farm although everyone says it Nongabok it is actually Kokgao.

And yep before Big C and Makro hardly saw a Farang now we seem to be plentyfull.

Best wishes

Tony

I live in a small village in amphoe na thom, about 70 km NE of Sakon city. There is one german fellow who lives in the village here, but I don't think he gets out of the house much and I haven't met him yet. I saw two farang driving through the village one day but they didn't stop. There's not much going on up here but that's the way I like it. :)