Prostitutes' Use Of Condoms Is Not A Lesser Evil: Vatican

webfact

Although I accept and agree that not all subjects and topics in General need to be Thailand related, due to some of the pathetic statements this particular post was going to generate, perhaps in my personal view, any respose should have been on Mod preview, before general release.

Or was the thread a test case? If so, I would half suggest you need no Mori poll on the outcome.

If there was anyone waiting for more evidence that the Catholic Church is inherently evil...

Existing as an essential constituent or characteristic; intrinsic.

Inherent

Quote from the Online Dictionary, do you really believe the definition?

If there was anyone waiting for more evidence that the Catholic Church is inherently evil...

Not sure about Evil..... but stupid, backward, pontificating and a huge money hungry corporation....sure.

Stupid!!

I don't really need to comment on anything else

imo, the pope lost all moral authority when he decided to protect those within his circle for those unforgiveable acts on the most vulnerable :bah:

If he was involved in protecting those that were guilty along with those that almost certainly were, I will not try and put a defense, as there is none.

So yes I agree with you.

And the link to Thailand is....

(Come on, be creative!)

Fail to see beside catholics bashing ...

Two days before Christmas, what a nice touch !

And there are a great many Christians that do not accept the authority of Rome and who practice their faith in a manner more in keeping of gospel and scriptures as they interpret it. I believe that they will try and have a Christmas focused on its intrinsic meaning rather than enter into palaces of opulence and partake in festivals. For these people, the edicts of a man in Rome, matter not. Many billions of people of different faiths and beliefs will go about their normal day on December 25 without any thought given to the Pope and his views of condoms. No need to worry, ok. This will pass, much as the manner in which people have long forgotten that former Popes had concubines, wives, illegitimate children and purchased their positions. Come to think of it, it was bit like Thailand's BiB.

Edited by geriatrickid

people have long forgotten that former Popes had concubines, wives, illegitimate children and purchased their positions. Come to think of it, it was bit like Thailand's BiB.

:D

I don't know that people have forgotten, but yes, the papacy was a political prize fought for among the grand families of Europe for many years. Alexander VI, for example, had mistresses and children and was perfectly open about it. He saw himself as a Prince of the Church and European Head of State. The religious leadership of the church, as far as he was concerned, was for those cardinals who preferred that sort of thing. Actually he was an affable and reasonably fair-minded chap, and was most upset when Savonarola kept on rocking the boat in Florence and Alexander had to issue an edict against him. Savonarola's insistence on pushing religious values so vigorously was not at all gentlemanly behaviour in Alexander's view.

Catholics are third on the KKK's enemy list after Blacks and Jews. Sort of like this forum where the Catholic Church comes in third behind Jews and America.

That said, why should the Catholic Church - or any other group based on what they believe to be the word of their diety - "change with the times"? Unless that diety issues new instructions, they have no choice but to follow the latest ones. I'm not saying they are right or wrong, just that if God didn't tell them differently, what gives them the right to change the rules with each generation?

Nice post, Loz. But you've omitted to mention the fact that there are people on this forum who get their kicks out of abusing the Catholic Church.

And here I thought it was the priests that got a kick out of abusing little boys...oh-my...

Existing as an essential constituent or characteristic; intrinsic.

Inherent

Quote from the Online Dictionary, do you really believe the definition?

Yes, absolutely.

And history proves me right.

So is TV going to keep us updated on all news coming out of Rome? or is this just a one off?

Suppose if there are any members who are prostitutes working in Thailand this useful information.

And Happy Christmas

Edited by monkfish

So is TV going to keep us updated on all news coming out of Rome? or is this just a one off?

Suppose if there are any members who are prostitutes working in Thailand this useful information.

And Happy Christmas

It is and was started in World News-section.

And Happy Christmas

I am taking a Catholic bar girl to midnight mass on Christmas. I have always used a condom with her in the past. I don't think she reads Thai Visa. She only works in the bar two weeks a year. She works in the bar before Christmas to buy presents for the orphans the Aids shelter for children.

I am a lapsed Christian. I cannot believe the message any longer. I believe that Christianity is dying as more people become better educated particularly when they learn more and more about the Cosmos. None of it makes sense to me. Stories and parables may have sufficed for people two thousand years ago, but today? If I am wrong and I pitch up at the Pearly Gates and am refused entry I shall ask why, if this God wanted me to believe, did he give me such a brain of limited capability and lacking in imagination? Presumably the Amazon Indians and the wandering tribes of Mongolia won't get in either.

I assume that Hell, if there is such a place, is similar to Soi Cowboy on a Saturday night.