Borabue Maha Sarakham

patongphil

I live in the UK but my girlfriend lives in Ban Dong Noi, near Waeng Nang which is around 30 km as far as I can tell.My plan is to move out to be with her as soon as I can.

In the meantime I will be flying out in a few days to see her. I arrive in BKK on new years eve before flying to Chiang Mai for a few days then across to Phayao to see her sister and back home for a rest. before ....we not sure yet. She has to work for 3 days so I'll be looked after by her mother who speaks no English (I speak very little Thai so far). Fortunately I seem to get on with her mother despite the language problem but not having my gf will be a bit like my mother leaving me at school on my first day many years ago.

I know there are a few farangs around the Mahasarakham area and last year some of them got together for a bit of a party. Not sure how far out they came from, depends how desperate they were suppose. Here are links to 2 threads regarding this so you may be able to find someone near you.

Sorry my search terms seem to be showing on the first one.

If I ever get live in Thailand I may need some western conversation sometime.

All the best and hope you have a good Christmas.

Hi there,

my wife comes from a village around 20 mins east and a bit south of there.

I have been to the area several times but do not live there.

There is almost nothing for farang there!

Even Khon Kean is mainly Thai and Roi-Et the same.

Mahasarakham has some English teachers from what I hear but the way that I read it is there is a high turn over.

Have you been there?

My girlfriend lives about 20km to the south west of Borabue. I live in Patong but am looking into building a 'holiday home' in her village. There is already another farang there, never met him as he lives most of the time in Hua Hin.

Anyway if we do build a house there I am sure I would be looking for someone to have a chat and few beers with occasionaly when we are up to visit.