Dodgy Irish Jigs In Pattaya

Exsexyman

Was out with friends from the UK last night, ended up in a go go on walking st. Had a great time, and the icing on the cake was the sight of two spectacularly bad hairpieces being worn by two gentlemen of a certain age. One in particular was a sort of sandy ginger colour, with the wearers natural grey hair poking out underneath. It was on crooked as well, shone like satin under the lights, resembled a dead cat perched on top of his head. As he walked through to the toilet you could see people nudging each other and staring open mouthed. Brilliant entertainment. Of course he was probably blissfully unaware of this and probably thinks nobody knows its a syrup. Not a night goes by when i'm on out on the town without the cry going up,"dodgy syrup alert" on at least two or three occasions. It is puzzling, after all this is one town where it doesnt matter what you look like, i mean even Quasimodo would be a sexy man here. I recall Viz magazine, that esteemed cultural publication in the UK, used to have a regular feature called 'dodgy syrup corner',(i think), whereby readers would send in photos they had sneakily taken of people with dodgy wigs, in the street, in bars, clubs etc, and they would be reproduced for the amusement of their readers, though not i suspect the amusement of the unfortunate wearer. Perhaps the members of thai visa would like to share their experiences of this Pattaya phenomenom, or am i the only one who notices this sort of thing? Oh dear i hope not. Maybe there might even be a member who wears an 'irish jig' who will be brave enough to admit it, and explain to us 'baldies' the advantages.

Just another sexy man in Pattaya, the girls from Surin and Buriram dont seem to care why should you?

Oh i dont care, i just find it interesting why somebody who obviously has a problem with the natural process of hair loss chooses to draw attention to their head by plonking something on it that looks as if it has been purchased at the local market or a fancy dress shop for about 50 baht. And i will confess it amuses me too, as i suspect it does others. I hope this doesnt make me a bad person! You were quick off the mark with your reply though, hope i havnt touched a nerve.

Just like the OP I find it bizzare that someone would draw attention to the problem by putting a hot smelly sweaty "hair copy" on their napper....

Total co-incidence - but my GF is a haidresser. I had pointed out a neighbour who has a very dodgy Donald Trump lookalike Syrup....Then one day this gent came to the Salon and asked her to cut his hair. BUT just the bit at the bottom at the back. The GF then says. "No problem, I not cut hair copy"......the guy blew a gasket !!

"How do you know I have a wig?" he says...She was very polite and said "I just know"....:whistling:

She should have said. Because its bleeding obvious mate and you look a total pratt.

He obviouslyy goes around on his own litte planet totally convinced that no one knows or would notice this apparition on his bonce.

I have many friends and colleagues who are bald or balding and most of them shave it back or get at least a number 1 cut. That way no one bothers to make comment - but if they strapped a wig on they would lose all credibility among their peers....

But hey nowt queer as fowk.....:P

STANDING BY TO GET FLAMED FOR MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT SOME ELSE'S PERSONAL CHOICE THAT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.......:jap: .

Edited by lonewolf99

Just another sexy man in Pattaya, the girls from Surin and Buriram dont seem to care why should you?

Oh i dont care, i just find it interesting why somebody who obviously has a problem with the natural process of hair loss chooses to draw attention to their head by plonking something on it that looks as if it has been purchased at the local market or a fancy dress shop for about 50 baht. And i will confess it amuses me too, as i suspect it does others. I hope this doesnt make me a bad person! You were quick off the mark with your reply though, hope i havnt touched a nerve.

No raw nerve touched here.

I concur with your observations, dont forget the comb-overs, mullets and pony tails, another nice fashion touch are of course the black socks.

Pattaya, where you can be what you want to be, ex special forces, financial advisor, property developer, jeez we even have people masquerading as teachers.

Was in a bar one afternoon when a syrup wearer came in and asked for a beer, the girls were having difficulty keeping a straight face, they gave the guy his beer, I then said in Thai dont forget a drink for the rat on top off his head, the place exploded in laughter, one clueless farang wanting to know what was going on.

Is someone wants to look like a <deleted>, up to them.

No raw nerve touched here.

I concur with your observations, dont forget the comb-overs, mullets and pony tails, another nice fashion touch are of course the black socks.

Pattaya, where you can be what you want to be, ex special forces, financial advisor, property developer, jeez we even have people masquerading as teachers.

Was in a bar one afternoon when a syrup wearer came in and asked for a beer, the girls were having difficulty keeping a straight face, they gave the guy his beer, I then said in Thai dont forget a drink for the rat on top off his head, the place exploded in laughter, one clueless farang wanting to know what was going on.

Is someone wants to look like a <deleted>, up to them.

Check out premier managers to see who's wearing one. I am sure Wenger, Bruce, Ferguson and a few others wear them. No way do you have hair that good at that age.

BTW the correct rhyming slang is a Syrup, from Syrup and Figs

Great story rgs, oh how i wish i had been there.:lol: The really funny thing of course is that they dont think they look like a <deleted>. They must look in the mirror before they hit the street and see something completely different from the rest of us. Interesting point regarding premiership managers, im sure your'e right. But at least their's fit properly and they have the nous to have a grey one which befits their age. Yes, i always understood the correct term is a syrup, but many people also call them an irish, as in irish jig.

Just like the OP I find it bizzare that someone would draw attention to the problem by putting a hot smelly sweaty "hair copy" on their napper....

Total co-incidence - but my GF is a haidresser. I had pointed out a neighbour who has a very dodgy Donald Trump lookalike Syrup....Then one day this gent came to the Salon and asked her to cut his hair. BUT just the bit at the bottom at the back. The GF then says. "No problem, I not cut hair copy"......the guy blew a gasket !!

"How do you know I have a wig?" he says...She was very polite and said "I just know"....:whistling:

She should have said. Because its bleeding obvious mate and you look a total pratt.

He obviouslyy goes around on his own litte planet totally convinced that no one knows or would notice this apparition on his bonce.

I have many friends and colleagues who are bald or balding and most of them shave it back or get at least a number 1 cut. That way no one bothers to make comment - but if they strapped a wig on they would lose all credibility among their peers....

But hey nowt queer as fowk.....:P

STANDING BY TO GET FLAMED FOR MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT SOME ELSE'S PERSONAL CHOICE THAT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.......:jap: .

No problem, I don't cut copi hair :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: , that is the best one I heard in a long time, LOL. Oh boy if I been in the saloon at that time I would have been shitting myself with laughter.

I find it completely ridiculous that people bother with these wigs, everybody knows that they are "copy hair".

I wonder if you can have them made from real puxxy hair, so one day you can wear Thai silk, next day Afro and on the 3rd day blond from Russia and the list goes on, he-he.

It certainly seems silly wearing a rug in Pattaya. There are an enormous amount of hairless men in Pattaya including myself when there.

But thanks to the poor eyesight of the friendly ladies they still consider me a hansum man.

Reminds me of a line by Eric Morecambe. He met a stunning blonde who said to him "Hello handsome, can you show me where the optician is". :whistling:

Folks - I am beginning to think we could be onto something here...Wearing a Wig is not about vanity.

For men who are simply going bald, this is clearly a mental disorder. Going into denial about the hair left on the pillow and blocking the plughole tips the balance and drives them to go and shell out hundreds of pounds for something that looks nothing like what it is supposed to be i.e. a full head of natural hair....and they clearly imagine that no one else who still resides on planet Earth will notice !!!

I suggest clinical and medical trials be started forwith. Sadly these people need help.....................:blink:

Stop the abuse of syrup wearers now......