Windows 7

Jockstar

I believe after reading the microsoft website/ Thai is only available in the Ultimate or Enterprise editions. Is this true? I recently bought W7 Home Premium and got rid of my Vista on my machine. Since the wife uses the Pc too. I need Thai. Is there a work around or am i missing something? Thanks in advance.

No not true

If your running Windows 7 Home Premium

Just go to start > Control panel > Clock Language Region

Select change keyboards or other input method

Click Change keyboards the Click add

Then add which Thai keyboard you want

After adding it will be down near you clock as usual to have the choice of which keyboard to use...

Or just use Alt/Shift to switch between the ones you have selected.

Chok dee

Edited by flying

Yup ^^^. If you only need to type and read Thai text that works fine on all versions :)

It's the Thai user interface that's only available on the high end products.

EDIT There is a registry hack that allows the Thai UI on lower versions, but modified installations will fail the Microsoft genuine advantage test.

Yup ^^^. If you only need to type and read Thai text that works fine on all versions :)

It's the Thai user interface that's only available on the high end products.

EDIT There is a registry hack that allows the Thai UI on lower versions, but modified installations will fail the Microsoft genuine advantage test.

I have never tried it as I only need to type but.....

Change the User Interface Language in Vista or Windows 7

Warning, installing Vistalizator will cause your copy to fail Genuine Advantage :( Of course, if that's not a problem for you ...

I bought a new laptop in france with windows 7 home premium in French, i installed the Vista to get English languge, and i update my windows, not a problem so far

Warning, installing Vistalizator will cause your copy to fail Genuine Advantage :( Of course, if that's not a problem for you ...

I bought a new laptop in france with windows 7 home premium in French, i installed the Vista to get English languge, and i update my windows, not a problem so far

I believe that updates are never an issue, it's when you want one of the facilities that require Windows Genuine Advantage (like latest Media Player) that problems occur.

Not something I have experience of, all my installations pass WGA (and I only have Pro and Ultimate versions installed) :)

^ Regular OEM discs are the same as retail discs. The *only* difference between them is the licensing. To view dialog boxes, menu items, and help content in your preferred language (e.g. Thai) requires installing a separate Language Interface Pack.

LIPs aren't needed if you just want to be able print, type, or view special characters.