New Year'S Bonus To Domestic Help

jaideeguy

I'm talking about hired domestic help....or is that what you call your wife?? I wouldn't want to kiss my maid.

Ok serious george < now that you have taking all the fun out of me taking the piss at my mrs expense - down to the serious stuff.

Most offices pay their staff one months bonus no? Why would you pay your maid any less than that?

Edited by bkkjames

A full month's wages for a maid that is already overpaid and gets too many perks already?? This is not a company and for sure not making a profit.

You asked for an opinion, you got two. you dont like the answer because you overpay your maid, here I will make you feel better.

It's ok to pay your maid 2k if you want. I don't think she reads TV but maybe she logs on when you are not there so be very very careful :lol:

I really doubt that she can even spell 'TV' and have heard from only 2, so far. Let's see what the average at the end of the day comes to.

Do you feel guilty about only given her 2k or you think you overpaid? (now where did my gold rolex disappear to?) Perhaps you should get JT to do a poll on it, then put the results on a spreadsheet.

What about my new maid who has only worked for me for 2 months?

Would you pay the same or pro-rata?

I had to get the calculator out for this one..

Example: Maid salary 7k a month x 12 months is 84k. 84k / 2 months = 42k. Yes, pro rata is the way to go :unsure:

It all depends on how much you appreciate your maid, how good her services are and whether or not she gives you any special services beyond the call of duty.

My answer is; how do we know?

You give accordingly to how much you consider she is worth to you and what you can afford to give.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Hide the equivalent of 1 months salary around the premises in 20 baht bills and tell her to find her bonus while cleaning. Of course you will forget where all the bills are, she may not find them all, so she will be finding a tip through the year. If she is good it may be a one time hunt.

Hide the equivalent of 1 months salary around the premises in 20 baht bills and tell her to find her bonus while cleaning. Of course you will forget where all the bills are, she may not find them all, so she will be finding a tip through the year. If she is good it may be a one time hunt.

Silly.....That is how you do the Easter bonus :D

Surely this is one question that does not require you getting input from TV members.

Pay her whatever you think she deserves on merit.

Or is it the case that you used to be indecisive, but your not so sure now.:rolleyes:

Right...by asking for opinions i think you feel uneasy about the amount you gave...suggest you give her 10K as a X'mas and New year present.. :lol:

It depends entirely on how you feel about your 'maid'.

I have a cleaner who only comes one morning a week, but turns up whenever I ask her (afternoons - she works every morning) to look after my dogs if I'm out.

She's great and I appreciate her always being there when I need her, so I overpay her when she turns up for 'odd jobs' and gave her a box of expensive chocs for Xmas.

My friends mother back in Europe is cleaning some office space once a week ( 2 - 3 h per time ) and got 30 Euro ( 1200 ฿ ) Christmas bonus.

So, for Thailand, 120 ฿ would be fine.

Anyway, I would give her a one month bonus - when she shows up after New Year again.

What about my new maid who has only worked for me for 2 months?

Would you pay the same or pro-rata?

I had to get the calculator out for this one..

Example: Maid salary 7k a month x 12 months is 84k. 84k / 2 months = 42k. Yes, pro rata is the way to go :unsure:

Haha, awesome math... ;)

I believe in generosity and recycling. Every New Year the butler gets a new suit. The one he got the previous year gets handed down to the valet, the valet's to the chaffeur, the chaffeur's to the footman, and the footman's to the bootboy. Similarly for the female staff. The cook get's a new dress, the previous one goes to the parlour maid, the parlour maid's to the chamber maid and the chamber maid's to the gardener. I always did wonder about that gardener, but he does a wonderful job with the fruit trees, so who cares what he wears.

I believe in generosity and recycling. Every New Year the butler gets a new suit. The one he got the previous year gets handed down to the valet, the valet's to the chaffeur, the chaffeur's to the footman, and the footman's to the bootboy. Similarly for the female staff. The cook get's a new dress, the previous one goes to the parlour maid, the parlour maid's to the chamber maid and the chamber maid's to the gardener. I always did wonder about that gardener, but he does a wonderful job with the fruit trees, so who cares what he wears.

Beats having Lady Chatterley's Lover tending the shrubberies. ;)