Atm Scamster / Soi Bouakao Area

homeless007

I was a victim (almost) in Jontien.

The dark skin 35-40 yrs man hold in the hand a tiny long black pocket. When I was counting the money he told me to take the receipt on the left side, but really he cover the Visa door with his pocket and with ability fingers took my visa.

I didn't care for my receipt, but was waiting for visa . Of course no visa come out as he took it already, so he invited me to repeat pin number to get visa out from the atm. I live in Thailand for more than 18 years, so I know well that the visa must come out without any operations. After few waiting seconds I understand the scalm; I tried to fight him, but he run away trowing my visa.

I informed police in Jontien, but the officer didn't write report as didn't lose anythings.

Had a few beers the other night and one of my mates had someone crowding and shoving him at the ATM out front of the Avenue the other day. This bugger was yabbering about being in a hurry and wanting to help. My mate's an older bloke and probably an 'easy' mark for these scammers but we told him he should carry a big stick and if anyone dares touch the keypad while his plastic is still in the machine, whack the f*ckers knuckles real hard or rack his nuts.