Z-Pack Equivalent For Sinus Infection

TrippRitter

In the U.S. I get a sinus infection every December, like clockwork, for the past 5 years. I try to fight it off with manliness and such for about 2 weeks before going to the doctor, and every time he gives me a z-pack. Is there an equivelent here in Thailand? I found some Zithromax 200mg/5ml oral suspension but have no idea on dosage. I really don't want to go to the doctor I know what I need, I just need to find an equivalent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Zithromax" is a brand name for azithromycin. Try asking for azithromycin at a pharmacy, and I think they'll know what you want. IIRC, the azithromycin tablets come in a "set" (of five?) with instructions on dosage -- something like two tablets the initial dose, then one per day (for three days?) after that. The timing is important to take the successive doses as close to 24 hours as possible from the previous dose.

Thanks for the great advice. It looks like I fought this one off with vitamins, rest and of course manliness. After one week of feeling really bad I think I have turned the corner. I don't think I will need the antibiotics this time, but it's good to know for the future. Thanks again.

Thanks for the great advice. It looks like I fought this one off with vitamins, rest and of course manliness. After one week of feeling really bad I think I have turned the corner. I don't think I will need the antibiotics this time, but it's good to know for the future. Thanks again.

You incredible stud, you.

Last month, I had a cold/flu that morphed, through the miracle of secondary infection, into a sinus, ear, and bronchial infection. 250mg Cefuroxime every 12 hours for ten days (total of 20 tablets) was prescribed and worked well.

BTW, one of the generics for azithromycin available in Thailand is made by Sandoz. IIRC, it's called Binoz or something similar. DON'T use that; according to the doc at (insert name of major Bangkok medical-tourism hospital here), it doesn't work nearly as well as the real thing. Anecdotally, I can attest that the Sandoz generic wasn't doing much against a bug I'd acquired, whereas as soon as said doc switched me to the Pfizer-made drug, it cleared up right away.