Ducati: New Factory In Thailand

MrYogi

this is too good to be true... Anyone know the flood risk at the new Duc factory location? Actually, anybody know the exact location and want to share the coordinates? Maybe a pilgrimage is in order. whistling.gif

Don't know the exact location but pretty sure they won't let you in...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting - everyone will have one next year! Hope it opens the gates to others finding ways to offer good pricing.

Prob not me as the 800 mm seat height and rake would make living cramped for my old bones.

Yeah not comfy for a tall/big farang IMO - I was next to a Monster 696 on Asoke the other day and they're tiny. Good size for the average Asian though. I think this bike will fly of the showroom floors. Thai's love Ducati and at 399k this is within reach of middle class Thais. Smart move by Ducati, the red 696 really looks great in the flesh - an awesome street bike and add 100cc's and it's great deal IMO (assuming 399k is correct). I'm tempted but I really want ABS on my next bike for obvious reasons in LOS.

Interesting - everyone will have one next year! Hope it opens the gates to others finding ways to offer good pricing.

Prob not me as the 800 mm seat height and rake would make living cramped for my old bones.

Yeah not comfy for a tall/big farang IMO - I was next to a Monster 696 on Asoke the other day and they're tiny. Good size for the average Asian though. I think this bike will fly of the showroom floors. Thai's love Ducati and at 399k this is within reach of middle class Thais. Smart move by Ducati, the red 696 really looks great in the flesh - an awesome street bike and add 100cc's and it's great deal IMO (assuming 399k is correct). I'm tempted but I really want ABS on my next bike for obvious reasons in LOS.

The information the dealer in Udonthani received was that ABS was standard. Looking at the specification its is certainly an option in ASEAN markets. Maybe they've decided to go the same route as Kawsaki and offer ABS as standard.

The information the dealer in Udonthani received was that ABS was standard. Looking at the specification its is certainly an option in ASEAN markets. Maybe they've decided to go the same route as Kawsaki and offer ABS as standard.

Come on people, do some research before posting. The Ducati website states clearly that ABS in NOT available on the 795.

http://www.monster.ducati.com/M795_tech-spec.html

Come on people, do some research before posting. The Ducati website states clearly that ABS in NOT available on the 795.

http://www.monster.ducati.com/M795_tech-spec.html

I was sure it had ABS. I remember the specs sheet stating a smaller fuel tank capacity for the ABS model (13.5 instead of 15l). Now it just says 15l and, as you pointed out, no ABS.

Most articles online articles about the 795 also stated that ABS was optional.

Maybe they changed their mind? Last minute trouble with the ABS?

http://www.monster.d..._tech-spec.html

I was sure it had ABS. I remember the specs sheet stating a smaller fuel tank capacity for the ABS model (13.5 instead of 15l). Now it just says 15l and, as you pointed out, no ABS.

Most articles online articles about the 795 also stated that ABS was optional.

Maybe they changed their mind? Last minute trouble with the ABS?

Later produced 795s will have optional ABS and 2 additional colors, black and white. For the moment only red without ABS.

The reason is that they want to produce as many bikes as quickly as possible because demand is fairly large.

Edited by Nickymaster

You're right according to the specification sheet. The manager obviously received incorrect information. On that note wait and see what the official price is. It may well be different from the 399K THB he quoted.

Official price is THB 399,990 without ABS and in Red only. Spoke to my firend at Ducati BKK last Saturday. They already sold 50 bikes and delivery will start end of Nov.

Really happy to see sales take off. Bodes well for Ducati in Asia!

These are rock solid engines, having been evolved since the seventies when Dr. T invented the 90 degree desmo valve twin (Desmodromic = no valve spring mass to float valves & create drag & wear at high rpms and allows more extreme cam profiles accordingly) and commenced to winning races!

Also the 795 mill should have the new longer major service interval head, so cheap & easy to maintain. in any case its just two desmo valves per cylinder to adjust. Only question for me is what, besides the charcoal evap canister, is hiding behind that hideous black goiter above the horiz cylinder?! Oil coolers usually are below the horiz cylinder on desmodues.The Monster was designed by Galuzzi [?] as a clean, elemental machine - engine, exposed structure, gas tank & wheels. Quintessential. Dont think other Monsters have it, but theyre not my gig. sofar. Maybe, for Asian tropics the box is to help direct air over the vertical cylinder like the subframe seems designed louver-like to pull heat away from the rider. I hope... In any case, the black box has to be the first to be binned along with the evap can & tubes to get back to Galuzzi's design, the Original Naked Bike.

OK, one more question: why the heck would Ducati put DDA on a Mini Monster?! DDA is a track tool for lap, speed, etc data acquisition. Kinda humorous for this bike. Still, very cool to see Ducati on Thai shores, and spreading the love to the locals who can't justify/prioritize a double-and-a-half price Superbike.

Later produced 795s will have optional ABS and 2 additional colors, black and white. For the moment only red without ABS.

The reason is that they want to produce as many bikes as quickly as possible because demand is fairly large.

Great info, thanks! Makes a lot of sense, too... not surprised at the pre-sales, they're gonna sell like hotcakes...

You're right according to the specification sheet. The manager obviously received incorrect information. On that note wait and see what the official price is. It may well be different from the 399K THB he quoted.

Official price is THB 399,990 without ABS and in Red only. Spoke to my firend at Ducati BKK last Saturday. They already sold 50 bikes and delivery will start end of Nov.

My sister -in-law just came back from Malaysia with a Malaysian newspaper article where they describe the Ducati Monster unveiling. The article says that the Monster will be sold at 60.000MR, which converts to 588.000Baht. Why would it cost 'only' 399.990Baht in Thailand if both countries trade under ASEAN law?

My sister -in-law just came back from Malaysia with a Malaysian newspaper article where they describe the Ducati Monster unveiling. The article says that the Monster will be sold at 60.000MR, which converts to 588.000Baht. Why would it cost 'only' 399.990Baht in Thailand if both countries trade under ASEAN law?

That was explained in another forum. It's because taxes in Malaysia on big bikes are high. No import taxes but there's vehicle taxes, sales tax, tax tax... etc.

I believe with the coming 2014 AEC Asia trade zone, all bikes produced [and assembled?] in the region will have tax advantages over auslanders' machines. That should apply to export/import between member States. If true, theres no doubt this will have figured in Ducati's decision to locate a plant here.

I believe with the coming 2014 AEC Asia trade zone, all bikes produced [and assembled?] in the region will have tax advantages over auslanders' machines. That should apply to export/import between member States. If true, theres no doubt this will have figured in Ducati's decision to locate a plant here.

10 ASEAN countries already have free float dutyfree cars and bikes

But all still have excicetaxes, and they are low for bikes in TH, but very high in Malaysia. Od thing in Malysia tho, is the relatively low excicetaxes for luxury and sportscars compared to TH

As long as they're having trouble keeping up with demand, new dealerships are probably not a priority. What's the point if you can't get product?

I've heard there will be a Chiang Mai dealership but nobody seems to know who and where yet.

Edited by nikster

Has anyone heard of plans to expand the dealer network. I wouldn't consider buying a monster until they open a dealership in Rayong/Pattaya.

Try check Ducati Thailand, according to their web page, there will be branches in Pattaya & Hua Hin but nothing about Chang Mai.

When? is the big question, almost everything made in Thailand seems to be delayed for obvious reasons, sadly.

I dropped by the -heavily sandbagged- Ducati BKK on Saturday, and chatted with the folks, and found them genuinely nice, generous of their time and very knowledgeable down to comparative fork angles. A genuine Ducati enthusiast shop, not a fashion outlet, I'm happy to say!