No Fortune Teller For New Year

JurgenG

From friends in the entertainment industry, I heard a very disturbing news, a fortune teller having predicted that Newin will be the next prime minister in 2011, all fortune teller shows are now banned from tv until March 2011. It's a very bad news for my friends, these shows are very popular around this time of the year and a number of shows that have already been taped have now to be shelved.

What a ridiculous decision ! Does anybody have more information about the subject ?

Edited by JurgenG

I couldn't find anything on google about the prediction or the shows being banned. Not even any unfounded rumours on other forums or blogs.

Do you have any other information, or is it just you that knows about this?

Jut heard it from a friend of mine who produces cheap tv shows (I hope he won't read that ...) and is furious because it's going to cost him a lot of money.

Or maybe his show has been cancelled and that the excuse he found..

On the other hand, I don't expect the government to make an official announcement that all predictions for 2011 are banned because it doesn't like what the soothsayers say.

People here often brag that they have "connection", I'm just asking if other people have heard about that, that's it.

Make fun as much as you want but in Asia (and not only in Asia) Fung Shui and fortune telling is big business.

Just for example, in June this year the Thai government has readjusted its feng shui at Government House according to Chinese cosmological understandings to enhance luck and prosperity as well as to create peacefulness.

I don't know what is ThaiVisa policy regarding link to outside sources, I post the link to the story for reference but don't hesitate to delete it if it's contrary to forum rules

http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/69406.html

I couldn't find anything on google about the prediction or the shows being banned. Not even any unfounded rumours on other forums or blogs.

Do you have any other information, or is it just you that knows about this?

Jut heard it from a friend of mine who produces cheap tv shows (I hope he won't read that ...) and is furious because it's going to cost him a lot of money.

Or maybe his show has been cancelled and that the excuse he found..

On the other hand, I don't expect the government to make an official announcement that all predictions for 2011 are banned because it doesn't like what the soothsayers say.

People here often brag that they have "connection", I'm just asking if other people have heard about that, that's it.

Does your friend have crystal balls?