Where Can I Get Uk Visa Passport Size Photos?

Where in Bangkok can I go for photos that fit the UKBA guidelines for a UK visa?

The UKBA site is really strict about their passport size photo guidelines, 45x35mm with the head at least 29mm (34mm at most) and the eyes in the center. Don't forget the white or light grey background only!

Seriously, you would not believe the number of places I have tried. Photo booths don't have the right background or size, the one pro shop I went to couldn't get the head size correct. I'm getting a bit ANNOYED here.

Any advice would be greatly be appreciated, cheers.

If you can't find a photo booth or shop to take a photo which meets the requirements, you can get one at the UKVAC.

Additional Services

Photograph Service

Applicants using this service can have their photograph taken at the visa application centre. This will ensure that the photographs meet UK Border Agency requirements. This service can be used for an extra fee of 250 Baht for 6 passport size photographs.

<br />If you can't find a photo booth or shop to take a photo which meets the requirements, you can get one at the UKVAC. <br /><br /> <a href='http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/services.aspx' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Additional Services </a>
Photograph Service<br />Applicants using this service can have their photograph taken at the visa application centre. This will ensure that the photographs meet UK Border Agency requirements. This service can be used for an extra fee of 250 Baht for 6 passport size photographs.
<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Swell! Here's hoping the machine is working when we go haha...also been 3 places where the machine was broken. Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

For the TB test do the photos have to comply to the UKBA guidelines?

<br />To be honest, I don't know.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/images/IOMInformationSheetEnglish.pdf' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>The information sheet</a> just says
<font size="2">Two 1.5"× 2" size photos (not older than 6 months)</font>
<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No, it doesn't. One would assume that means just passport size, not all that other stuff the UKBA wants.

We have the TB test this week and need the 2 passport size photos. The ones we have are the right size but the head's off for the visa. Guess they're ok for the TB test! Glad to know it wasn't a total waste of time and money to get them. (Unless anyone knows differently...)

<br />To be honest, I don't know.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/images/IOMInformationSheetEnglish.pdf' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>The information sheet</a> just says
<font size="2">Two 1.5"× 2" size photos (not older than 6 months)</font>
<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No, it doesn't. One would assume that means just passport size, not all that other stuff the UKBA wants.

We have the TB test this week and need the 2 passport size photos. The ones we have are the right size but the head's off for the visa. Guess they're ok for the TB test! Glad to know it wasn't a total waste of time and money to get them. (Unless anyone knows differently...)

The photos you have should be fine. They will keep one and stick one on the TB cert. The strict requirements for photos for UK visas and UK passports are to ensure that the photos meet the requirements for scanning for biometric purposes.

Bit odd, about 6 years ago had some done in the next Village, and 2 weeks ago had some more takes at a Kodak shop in a Town..

Both times they were taken the same way,on back wall was lots of different colored fabric, you choose which one, sit on chair she takes a few passport photos, plugs the camera into the PC and you look and decide which photo is best, then choose the size, print, simple, 2 weeks ago 12 passport size photos 100 baht, 6 years ago believe it was 15 photos for that price.

I've had no issues either in Thailand or India getting regulation photos.

Just download the guidelines from the embassy website and take them with you, even our village Kodak shop could understand the diagram and fettle the image to suit :)

There's a photo shop on the ground floor in the Wave Mall, which is on the NE corner of the Ploenchit/Wittayu intersection (opposite the Brit Emb) that does the required pictures. My wife, son and I respectively had UK visa, Thai passport and UK passport pics done the same day; each done differently to suit the published guidelines and all accepted. We had lunch next door while they were processed.

I sympathise with the OP. Our local Kodak shop had a typically Thai 'I know what I'm doing' attitude and listened (not) to my stressing that the photo had to be exact and looked intently (not) at the measurement diagram and just churned out his usual Thai-compliant photos. He got very shirty when I refused to pay for them and so did my wife - who had the same view that falang don't know what they are talking about and surely the British Embassy will accept these photos. Luckily the other Kodak shop in town was much more attentive, so I guess its just a case of trying a few and insisting that you will not pay until you see the results. The good part is it is very cheap here compared to getting them done in the UK. About £2-£3 in Kantaralak Issaan (for 15!!) and about £12 in London (for a studio shot photo) for 4-6.

My wife got her friend to take the picture on her camera against the wall in her office, then walked across the street and asked the local shop to print out some photos from her memory card. Having work in a government department in the uk involving lots of passport photos I new it didn't matter as much as they claim and didn't give it a second thought. Do they often reject applications because of this?

My wife got her friend to take the picture on her camera against the wall in her office, then walked across the street and asked the local shop to print out some photos from her memory card. Having work in a government department in the uk involving lots of passport photos I new it didn't matter as much as they claim and didn't give it a second thought. Do they often reject applications because of this?

Would you like to take the chance? Hours of careful preparation of an application then problems at Regents House - not worth the risk.

I've had no issues either in Thailand or India getting regulation photos.

Just download the guidelines from the embassy website and take them with you, even our village Kodak shop could understand the diagram and fettle the image to suit :)

I Did as Crossy did, and went to the photo shop I always use in Mae Sot. I asked for white background, showed the guideline info for dimensions etc. The pictures were taken, presented and accepted for my new passport. No problems whatsoever.

This summer whilst back in the UK I renewed my passport. As usual I took my own photos and printed them off, never had any problems before, this time they were rejected by the Post Office checking clerk. So I went to use the machine in that Post Office, they said no it does not meet the passport standards!

I had to go up the road to a nearby store with a passport approved machine. 5 pounds for 3 very poor quality pictures, my camera and printer has far higher resolution, and better colour balance.

Frankly I think the UKBA is a load of crap, privatisation gone mad.

The UKBA is a government agency, not a privatised company.

As VisaPlus said

The strict requirements for photos for UK visas and UK passports are to ensure that the photos meet the requirements for scanning for biometric purposes.

Last year my wife had photos taken by a large high street photography chain of stores, all nice in a nice folder, took them to the post office for a passport application, and they were rejected , the head was too small, used the photo machine in the post office, accepted, but they were really difficult to write on the back.