Driver Of Sedan In Bangkok Horror Road Accident Was A 16-Year Old Girl

webfact

166495_142616445794313_142609679128323_215300_3592165_n.jpg

166495_142616449127646_142609679128323_215301_7325425_n.jpg

166495_142616452460979_142609679128323_215302_1383106_n.jpg

166495_142616455794312_142609679128323_215303_685647_n.jpg

These were posted on FB. And assuming they are accurate (not sure why the time stamp seems to be missing frames) but it would "appear" the van is on the left and was going faster than the sedan. I am basing the van being on the left by the 3rd photo which looks like a smaller and more rounded vehicle on the right. I am also again assuming the sedan had not already lost control and that is why the van (vehicle on left) appears to be over taking it. All speculation on my part.

Though I do wonder what the light is to the left of the two cars in picture 2 and 3. In the 3rd it is partially obscured by the red circle. Could be a reflection from a piece of debri from the collision but it appears to be illuminated and would think there should not be that kind of light coming from this direction (facing on coming vehicles).

Hmm....

Guess I don't see that at all.

The first frame appears to show only the van in the red circle. The second frame is almost 5 seconds later, and the van has barely moved (look at the surrounding signs to get an idea of distance), but the sedan now appears to have hit it from behind. The next frames are the cars careening out of control.

The sedan must have approached at high speed from the rear to close the distance in only 5 seconds.

My question is where are the frames between the first one and the second one. That would allow us to guestimate the speed of the approaching vehicle.

Where are those extra frames indeed? Somebody took the time to clean up these shots from the video but not sure if they saw the other frames as irrelavent or are trying to manipulate what we are seeing. Lets just hope the Thai authorities can clean up the entire video. If you see the video it is not nearly clear as these pictures.

But from what I thought I was seeing ... I see two headlights (or beams of light coming from headlights on the road) in the right (our right) hand lane. I assumed that is the car but maybe it is just some kind of light splash from the van.

I think those are screen captures from a TV broadcast, the time stamp on the lower right is not the time recorded by the CCTV camera, but the one displayed with the channel transmission.

Edited by AleG

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In addition, in the photo circulating of her taken just after the crash, BKK Post is reporting that she was infact calling her dad.

two hands would suggest she was not making a call, added to the FACT that she tweeted straight after the crashand has been written elsewhere by people that saw the tweet. she may well have been calling daddy, something along the lines of 'daddy, I have been in a crash, I was driving, don't worry though you can just make it all go away, right?, don't worry though, it was just a load of oiks in a mini van'

You support for this girl is quite sickening, whether or not the actual accident was her fault (which clearly it is) the fact remains she was driving without a licence, and as has now been admitted by her she was speeding to try and return the car to her friend on time, so we have speeding, no licence, and at the very least driving without due care and attention or reckless driving.

It is just a shame you cant divert some of your sympathy and understanding to the victims and their loved ones rather than this spoiled child. As for the bangkok post saying she was calling her dad, well if its in the paper it must be true :rolleyes: surely it can not have anything to do with the backlash agaisnt her and an attempt to pacify things.

I have a touch screen phone and usually I use 2 hands to make calls. Some can routinely do it with one hand.

I saved the flv-file from YouTube, cannot attach it here since TV has some very weird upload-rules reg. allowed file-types.

It is located on page 8 in thread "Eight People Killed In Grisly Bangkok Tollway Accident".

Any clue how where I can actually download this to clean it up and repost it?

Well, here's the YouTube link:

And here's how you make a video file of it:

http://www.videodownloadx.com/

Or maybe this one:

http://www.videoconv...20to%20download

Thanks -- hopefully I will have better luck then i have in the past trying to actually grab a Youtube video. Even just being able to play it back in Windows Media Player will allow to adjust the brightness and contrast to get a better image.

In addition, in the photo circulating of her taken just after the crash, BKK Post is reporting that she was infact calling her dad.

two hands would suggest she was not making a call, added to the FACT that she tweeted straight after the crashand has been written elsewhere by people that saw the tweet. she may well have been calling daddy, something along the lines of 'daddy, I have been in a crash, I was driving, don't worry though you can just make it all go away, right?, don't worry though, it was just a load of oiks in a mini van'

You support for this girl is quite sickening, whether or not the actual accident was her fault (which clearly it is) the fact remains she was driving without a licence, and as has now been admitted by her she was speeding to try and return the car to her friend on time, so we have speeding, no licence, and at the very least driving without due care and attention or reckless driving.

It is just a shame you cant divert some of your sympathy and understanding to the victims and their loved ones rather than this spoiled child. As for the bangkok post saying she was calling her dad, well if its in the paper it must be true :rolleyes: surely it can not have anything to do with the backlash agaisnt her and an attempt to pacify things.

I have a touch screen phone and usually I use 2 hands to make calls. Some can routinely do it with one hand.

Supposedly Mom says she was texting her friend (owner of the car) for the insurance information that the police asked her for after emergency workers freed her from her vehicle. The stepbrother says she told him she was calling her dad when he told her there was a picture of her on the internet w/the phone after the accident. Likely both things are true and neither would indicate any lack of empathy. Mother also supposedly says she was cut by glass on her behind and why she was standing as opposed to sitting (as if that matters to anybody but a lynch mob).

I saved the flv-file from YouTube, cannot attach it here since TV has some very weird upload-rules reg. allowed file-types.

It is located on page 8 in thread "Eight People Killed In Grisly Bangkok Tollway Accident".

Stop that video at exactly 0:07 seconds and tell me what you see in the LHS of the frame. Yes clearly you can see the van suddenly slews sideways but theres something immediately behind the van at that exact moment - headlights suddenly appear. You might have to play and stop it a couple of times to see what i mean.

As usual, these things always occur just at the edge of camera footage , murphy was a bugger.

I see the white sedan right behind.

When you watch it from from 2:00 you see that the sedan was already troubling moving(kind of sliding) left (the white light ball) and then right again before the final strong impact on the van. Looks very much of having lost control of the car about 5 seconds before the impact. The van is keeping a straight line until after the impact.

Im not for one minute condoing the mob behaviour & some of the online going on's that have related to this particular driver HOWEVER, obviously the people that keep going on about the 'hang em high' brigade have never been in the position of losing a loved one due to the idiocy of another person.

It's certainly a strange world & I would be interesting to observe those same people in a situation with those tables turned.

166495_142616445794313_142609679128323_215300_3592165_n.jpg

166495_142616449127646_142609679128323_215301_7325425_n.jpg

166495_142616452460979_142609679128323_215302_1383106_n.jpg

166495_142616455794312_142609679128323_215303_685647_n.jpg

These were posted on FB. And assuming they are accurate (not sure why the time stamp seems to be missing frames) but it would "appear" the van is on the left and was going faster than the sedan. I am basing the van being on the left by the 3rd photo which looks like a smaller and more rounded vehicle on the right. I am also again assuming the sedan had not already lost control and that is why the van (vehicle on left) appears to be over taking it. All speculation on my part.

Though I do wonder what the light is to the left of the two cars in picture 2 and 3. In the 3rd it is partially obscured by the red circle. Could be a reflection from a piece of debri from the collision but it appears to be illuminated and would think there should not be that kind of light coming from this direction (facing on coming vehicles).

Hmm....

Guess I don't see that at all.

The first frame appears to show only the van in the red circle. The second frame is almost 5 seconds later, and the van has barely moved (look at the surrounding signs to get an idea of distance), but the sedan now appears to have hit it from behind. The next frames are the cars careening out of control.

The sedan must have approached at high speed from the rear to close the distance in only 5 seconds.

My question is where are the frames between the first one and the second one. That would allow us to guestimate the speed of the approaching vehicle.

Where are those extra frames indeed? Somebody took the time to clean up these shots from the video but not sure if they saw the other frames as irrelavent or are trying to manipulate what we are seeing. Lets just hope the Thai authorities can clean up the entire video. If you see the video it is not nearly clear as these pictures.

But from what I thought I was seeing ... I see two headlights (or beams of light coming from headlights on the road) in the right (our right) hand lane. I assumed that is the car but maybe it is just some kind of light splash from the van.

As TAWP says, it is clear from the video that is a completely different vehicle. Not even sure why someone would have posted that frame at all, unless they were either confused or as you said had an ulterior motive. It shouldn't even be there at all.

There are only a few frames of the video that look like you might be able to get some reasonable information from, but it would be informative to see if those few frames matched the girl's statements as to what happened.

As I live in the Rangsit area, I just can't help but think "what if my wife had been in that van?" What if I had been driving home and had been caught in that collision after they hit?

It is all wonderful to say this is Thailand and we should just let it play out in the Thai way (and this is, of course, what will happen in any case, discussions on this forum aside), but this is also the home of my children. It is my job as a parent to make it a safer and better place for them. While I may be "just a guest", after more than a decade I don't think of myself that way, and my children certainly are as Thai as anyone. As I have stated in posts before, in matters where value systems come into play, I speak for my Thai children, as they will adopt the values I instil in them, with appropriate modifications for their life experiences of course.

There is value to these discussions and sharing of information. I hope something positive can come out of this. I don't know what I would do if one of my children was to die in a collision such as this, and someone on a forum like this told me just to "accept the traditional Thai way". For all the people who claim that we should not try and improve Thailand, can you honestly say that you would still hold that belief if it was your child that had become a human missile due to lack of responsibility and accountability?

Sometimes, cultural traits are adopted simply because people don't realize there is a better way. And even if changing the culture in a small way affects other areas, we are searching for an optimum, not perfection. Currently, the lack of responsibility among most Thais represents a sub optimal solution, and this needs to be addressed, even at the expense of other areas which may have to change as well. I firmly believe it is possible to affect positive change in this culture, without turning it into a copy of the West and without losing its essential characteristics.

When you watch it from from 2:00 you see that the sedan was already troubling moving(kind of sliding) left (the white light ball) and then right again before the final strong impact on the van. Looks very much of having lost control of the car about 5 seconds before the impact. The van is keeping a straight line until after the impact.

Keeping in mind, some Professor who is apparently qualified to state, there was NO EVIDENCE of an impact between the sedan and the van. :rolleyes:

Im not for one minute condoing the mob behaviour & some of the online going on's that have related to this particular driver HOWEVER, obviously the people that keep going on about the 'hang em high' brigade have never been in the position of losing a loved one due to the idiocy of another person.

It's certainly a strange world & I would be interesting to observe those same people in a situation with those tables turned.

Have to agree with you here Nr ND. i think a lot of the emotional and angry responses though are also at the expectation of another Moo Ham situation where money and influence will be more important than individual responsibility and law. Whatever the outcome, the 9 lives that have so tragically been lost can not be bought back, but hopefully there may be a measured response from the government to start to work on road safety and get the BIB to actually see it as not just an income stream for their new year bonus (although granted, it's almost as likely as the tooth fairy being real). Hopefully, the rule of law will be implemented and if the girl is responsible for the accident then she is punished to the full limit, along with the owner of the car.

Keeping in mind, some Professor who is apparently qualified to state, there was NO EVIDENCE of an impact between the sedan and the van. :rolleyes:

Please don't include 'facts' from either of the two 'female' trolls here for now.

Please don't include 'facts' from either of the two 'female' trolls here for now.

Mate I can't read that Thai article that allegedly stated that.

I actually typed about another 4 or 5 lines with that response but somehow the other information disappeared as I hit the 'add reply' button. :annoyed:

I did also say, anyone who has used the 'Pit Maneuver' (or similar technique) will realise there isnt much contact needed between the front of one vehicle and the rear of another to 'severely unsettle' the vehicle thats been struck in the rear. I would expect to see some evidence of contact (Impact), however it is also possible that that evidence may have been lost when the front of the Sedan perhaps also collided with something else (Its front end heavily impacted with something) & perhaps the rear end of the van also collided with something else (perhaps the concrete barrier). So there could be an explanation for that lack of evidence to support an impact.

Please, don't think Im trying to suggest anything more or less & I wasnt there, I havent examined either vehicle.

The Sedan must have had a hell of high speed too. It seems as if the sedan was not slowing down, actually the opposite, like I'll show you who I am.

elcent, You know the drill. You've driven up there. Its commonplace for vehicles to simply approach others from behind @ excessive speed and simply 'flash' their high beam lights indicating to all up in front they are coming through whether there is space to or not. It happens everynight.

Its as common as motorcycle riders without helmets.

It seems ever so more likely that the vehicle to be doing such is an expensive vehicle or perhaps a wannabe hi-so in their low flying financed car who thinks they have the right to travel at whatever speed they so desire irregardless of whoever they put at risk :annoyed: . Don't believe me, take a drive tonight.

I've checked the Thai Land Traffic Act, theres nothing mentioned about doing this gives you right of way.

ps: I do believe there is some lights being flashed in the video footage as well as someone already mentioning this in an article or report somewhere.

Edited by neverdie

Stop that video at exactly 0:07 seconds and tell me what you see in the LHS of the frame. Yes clearly you can see the van suddenly slews sideways but theres something immediately behind the van at that exact moment - headlights suddenly appear. You might have to play and stop it a couple of times to see what i mean.

As usual, these things always occur just at the edge of camera footage , murphy was a bugger.

There does appear to be 3 vehicles -- You can see the single headlight of the vehicle one on the far left before you see the vehicle for that split second where you mention. Could also be the 16 year old driver and the 3rd vehicle being the one on the far right earlier which I assumed was the 16-year old driver. I've captured a bunch of screen shots and cleaned them up and it really does appear two other vehicles were in the immediate area when the van lost control. In fact, the one vehicle cannot even be seen clearly until the van is leaving the screen. The video footage is very low quality and only appears to pick up the strong headlights until more light is visible at the bottom of the screen.

I have always been amazed at how many vehicles here, including motor bikes, operate with both or one headlight out. These are prime targets for cops in the US because it usually leads to other charges once the stop the vehicle. Often people who don't take care of the little things like this have other issues going on.

Still not clue as to what caused the accident but I'm assuming it should not be too long until we start hearing official reports of at least initial findings. Tragic as it may be, I do hope some good does come out of this. Not just the seatbelt use issue but just a general awareness of how dangerous the roadways can be and how easily life can be lost if we are not careful. Personally I would feel better if they somehow got parents to stop taking their infants in their arms while riding a motorbike. I think in the past week there was another accident locally where numerous people lost their lives when a pick-up loaded with people in the back crashed ... it didn't get the press this did but again just awareness and enforcement of the dangers of becoming a human projectile sitting in the back of a pick-up ... especially for kids.

If it comes to the point of purchasing a manipulation of the forensic investigation it will be interesting since the opposing parties apparently are both influential.

Opposing parties, apparently both influential, pitting their influence against each other in a tussle over a terrified child who shouldn't ever have been at the wheel. Something just seems wrong about this, in terms of best serving the memory of those who lost their lives in the accident.

HOWEVER, obviously the people that keep going on about the 'hang em high' brigade have never been in the position of losing a loved one due to the idiocy of another person.

Revenge is right up there with jealousy as the most petty and self-defeating of all human emotions. The measure of a person's character can be measured by their reaction to a tragic accident like this. Do they lynch a little immature girl to quell their anger or do they honour the memory of those who passed by rising above their (quite natural, yet pointless) anger to forge a better world out of the ashes...a world where children are not placed in situations like this, a world where seatbelts are worn out of habit, to prevent recurrence of the tragedy in the future.

Hopefully, the rule of law will be implemented and if the girl is responsible for the accident then she is punished to the full limit, along with the owner of the car.

Rule of law.

We can probably wave that ship goodbye, when 200,000 people want to lynch a frightened child because of her last name. I understand what you're all thinking. You think that if this girl is drawn and quartered, future 16 year olds will be less likely to be speeding trying to return a borrowed car under stress with a BB ringing off the hook.

You're tragically wrong. That's the entire issue. Children do not think in those terms. Hell, adults don't think in those terms. Throughout human history, there has been so little evidence that suggests heavy retribution and strong sentencing serves as a deterrent...and millions of examples effectively proving it does nothing whatsoever to deter crime. How effective could it possibly be in prevention of accidents caused by inexperience / immaturity?

It's ridiculous, this idea that sending this child to prison could somehow be...productive.

This is what I said on an earlier page in this thread, the 'sedan' or 'car' as we call them in the UK <_< hit the 'minivan' or 'minibus'... and veered to the drivers side of the minibus - that is the things at 7 seconds.

I am a professional driver in the UK ,I have 36 years of HGV driving(,Wagon driver) and 40 years with cars. I have seen many accidents with both cars and wagons, some times I see stupid things ,People are free spirits and have a free will . we all do things that after we think , that was a stupid thing to do, but we get away with them, Some times we don't , and i think this was one of them, We get complacent, Maybe looking at her phone records would find if she was on the phone, or not.maybe she was having a conversation with a passenger or just tired. Maybe she was ill and passed out. i have seen that before some body has an accident and people make an opinion and call the driver an idiot but do not know the full facts. Time will tell, Maybe. But either way its a sad loss of life.

There does appear to be 3 vehicles -- You can see the single headlight of the vehicle one on the far left before you see the vehicle for that split second where you mention. Could also be the 16 year old driver and the 3rd vehicle being the one on the far right earlier which I assumed was the 16-year old driver. I've captured a bunch of screen shots and cleaned them up and it really does appear two other vehicles were in the immediate area when the van lost control. In fact, the one vehicle cannot even be seen clearly until the van is leaving the screen. The video footage is very low quality and only appears to pick up the strong headlights until more light is visible at the bottom of the screen.

I have always been amazed at how many vehicles here, including motor bikes, operate with both or one headlight out. These are prime targets for cops in the US because it usually leads to other charges once the stop the vehicle. Often people who don't take care of the little things like this have other issues going on.

Still not clue as to what caused the accident but I'm assuming it should not be too long until we start hearing official reports of at least initial findings. Tragic as it may be, I do hope some good does come out of this. Not just the seatbelt use issue but just a general awareness of how dangerous the roadways can be and how easily life can be lost if we are not careful. Personally I would feel better if they somehow got parents to stop taking their infants in their arms while riding a motorbike. I think in the past week there was another accident locally where numerous people lost their lives when a pick-up loaded with people in the back crashed ... it didn't get the press this did but again just awareness and enforcement of the dangers of becoming a human projectile sitting in the back of a pick-up ... especially for kids.

no, you confuse it with the reflection of light. Only two vehicles.

If it comes to the point of purchasing a manipulation of the forensic investigation it will be interesting since the opposing parties apparently are both influential.

Opposing parties, apparently both influential, pitting their influence against each other in a tussle over a terrified child who shouldn't ever have been at the wheel. Something just seems wrong about this, in terms of best serving the memory of those who lost their lives in the accident.

HOWEVER, obviously the people that keep going on about the 'hang em high' brigade have never been in the position of losing a loved one due to the idiocy of another person.

Revenge is right up there with jealousy as the most petty and self-defeating of all human emotions. The measure of a person's character can be measured by their reaction to a tragic accident like this. Do they lynch a little immature girl to quell their anger or do they honour the memory of those who passed by rising above their (quite natural, yet pointless) anger to forge a better world out of the ashes...a world where children are not placed in situations like this, a world where seatbelts are worn out of habit, to prevent recurrence of the tragedy in the future.

Hopefully, the rule of law will be implemented and if the girl is responsible for the accident then she is punished to the full limit, along with the owner of the car.

Rule of law.

We can probably wave that ship goodbye, when 200,000 people want to lynch a frightened child because of her last name. I understand what you're all thinking. You think that if this girl is drawn and quartered, future 16 year olds will be less likely to be speeding trying to return a borrowed car under stress with a BB ringing off the hook.

You're tragically wrong. That's the entire issue. Children do not think in those terms. Hell, adults don't think in those terms. Throughout human history, there has been so little evidence that suggests heavy retribution and strong sentencing serves as a deterrent...and millions of examples effectively proving it does nothing whatsoever to deter crime. How effective could it possibly be in prevention of accidents caused by inexperience / immaturity?

It's ridiculous, this idea that sending this child to prison could somehow be...productive.

A good psychiatric feasibility study would be recommended.

At least three independent specialists.

Insurance won't pay either.

[

Just to clarify as you have quoted my post, where in it does it suggest that I am suggesting incarceration, or the benefits of such?The point really being is, will there be the usual dual standard application of the law as there was with Moo Ham?

Your last sentence again suggests that something was said, that wasn't written by me - have plenty of experience of YOI :whistling: . In the end this topic is not about the rights and wrongs of incarceration, it is about seeing that justice is seen. My own feeling, is that it wont anyway - as seen by recent incidents such as Moo Ham, Santika...

We passed through that tollway section today. There is a tollbooth about a km in front of the accident. I'm sure they could try to account for that 3rd car that way.

I find it extraordinary if that 3rd car avoided contact with anything else besides the girl's car.

This thing is confusing. It seemed so easy to understand before.

In the end this topic is not about the rights and wrongs of incarceration, it is about seeing that justice is seen.

Maybe this is why I am so confused by some posts here ... I didn't realize TV set up this thread to make sure "justice in seen" through the eyes of a bunch of farangs.

We passed through that tollway section today. There is a tollbooth about a km in front of the accident. I'm sure they could try to account for that 3rd car that way.

I find it extraordinary if that 3rd car avoided contact with anything else besides the girl's car.

Confusing it is ... I was hoping we would hear some preliminary and non-contradictory info by this point regarding the cause of the accident. Now I am thinking it may not be until after the 5th when the 16-year old needs to meet with officials.

In the end this topic is not about the rights and wrongs of incarceration, it is about seeing that justice is seen.

Maybe this is why I am so confused by some posts here ... I didn't realize TV set up this thread to make sure "justice in seen" through the eyes of a bunch of farangs.

Maybe lay off the liquor might help.

The topic, or my take on it is a lot about the response of what Thais have been saying online, hence my comment that you have quoted - as many of us here also have Children with Thai passports, and use buses to go to and from school, can't see why we can't comment - it's not exactly going to influence anything, but surely you are not saying that as a Farang we should have no opinion? :rolleyes:

Confusing it is ... I was hoping we would hear some preliminary and non-contradictory info by this point regarding the cause of the accident. Now I am thinking it may not be until after the 5th when the 16-year old needs to meet with officials.

At least the main accident as it is covered on the vid doesn't show a third car. Maybe something happened before and someone tried to speed away? hmm ... I just don't get the third car story. Enlighten us ...

Edited by elcent

At least the main accident as it is covered on the vid doesn't show a third car. Maybe something happened before and someone tried to speed away? hmm ... I just don't get the third car story. Enlighten us ...

The third car theory is more likely a smokescreen.

The third car theory is more likely a smokescreen.

"As for the accident.. our daughter admits she was speeding! She was rushing to return the car to her friend. It wasn't our car. I have never allowed her to drive outside like that. (As for the details of which car was in which lane, that is a police matter.) After the crash, she was trapped in the car. Once rescue workers pulled her out, since window glass had pierced her bottom she couldn't sit down. So she leaned there on the side of the road. Police asked to see her license and insurance. She is certainly in the wrong for being 16 and having no license. She wrote to her friend on her Blackberry to inform the friend about the accident and to ask about the car's insurance details. She wasn't standing around chatting on the Blackberry as some have thought."

Did not mention anything about a third car.

"As for the accident.. our daughter admits she was speeding! She was rushing to return the car to her friend. It wasn't our car. I have never allowed her to drive outside like that. (As for the details of which car was in which lane, that is a police matter.) After the crash, she was trapped in the car. Once rescue workers pulled her out, since window glass had pierced her bottom she couldn't sit down. So she leaned there on the side of the road. Police asked to see her license and insurance. She is certainly in the wrong for being 16 and having no license. She wrote to her friend on her Blackberry to inform the friend about the accident and to ask about the car's insurance details. She wasn't standing around chatting on the Blackberry as some have thought."

Did not mention anything about a third car.

The odds are high that she was at least mostly responsible for the accident but it also is clear from the above the mother wasn't going to get into the details of the accident "As for the details of which car was in which lane, that is a police matter."

However, the family seem to be indicating they are holding the daughter responsible for the accident. We are also assuming these quotes are true and translation correct including the exclamation point after the mother says her daughter was speeding.

EDIT ... CORRECTION: Just asked my wife to read the Thai quotes from the mother and it appears the English quotes are in part bogus because the mother did talk about the van going into her daughters lane. So basically these quotes edited out the description of the accident without dropping the quotation marks and inserting parenthesis of the translators own opinion.

Original Thai quotes can be found here: http://www.facebook....184005548291736

Edited by Nisa

Lots of people will strongly disagree with you on this. I am one of them.

This girl needs a period of incarceration to reflect on exactly how wrong her decision was, and how many people it injured. She will benefit from it. Neither she nor society will benefit by everyone saying, "It's all right darling. You are just a child. You are not responsible for your actions."

Some of my friends went to juvenile detention centers for stupid decisions they made that got people killed. It was not intentional and they were all children as you say. They got a great lesson in life and it benefited them as responsible adults. No one is saying give her the death sentence. I am saying a stint in a correctional facility to give her some time for reflection on her behavior is not only entirely appropriate, but mandatory. If she is truly repentant and understands why what she did was wrong, it could be a short visit. If she tries to rationalize her actions and claim she is being persecuted, perhaps a longer stay is in order.

She killed people. Remember that. Hopefully she always will. It's not a joke.