Driver Of Sedan In Bangkok Horror Road Accident Was A 16-Year Old Girl

webfact

The 15 year old daughter of a resident in our village drives her mother and younger brother around our city. I was more than stunned to see this happen. But she comes from a very wealthy family who thinks they can do anything and get away with it.

I wonder whether the 16 yo girl in that sedan that caused this accident on the freeway had a driver's license. They should the parents for letting an under aged person to drive on the freeway.

The same in our village I see young kids driving cars all the time to and from school and some children as young as 10 riding motor bikes. Traffic laws in Thailand don't really mean a lot.

No they don't yesterday I was in Doi Mai Salong and I saw a 7 year old riding a motor bike the police didn't take any notice. I hope that if this girl is found responsible that she does some hard jail time, the deceased deserve Justice!

The deceased are deceased and the families are the only ones that now can deserve justice but most would much rather see themselves and their family get something positive from the death in terms of money. Looking up a girl who made a horrendous mistake without knowing anything as to her state of mind or if she has past incidents of recklessness really would serve nobody at this point unless they have a westernized and revengeful nature. We simply just do not know all the facts this soon into things and much of what is being posted is rumors and misinformation to insight people simply because this girl's parent's last name.

Instead of demanding the head of a minor, people should be asking how she came to be behind the wheel and if an adult allowed her to drive knowing her age.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A post with a link to another forum has been removed from view. A reply to that post was also removed:

10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums. Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations.

The 15 year old daughter of a resident in our village drives her mother and younger brother around our city. I was more than stunned to see this happen. But she comes from a very wealthy family who thinks they can do anything and get away with it.

I wonder whether the 16 yo girl in that sedan that caused this accident on the freeway had a driver's license. They should the parents for letting an under aged person to drive on the freeway.

The same in our village I see young kids driving cars all the time to and from school and some children as young as 10 riding motor bikes. Traffic laws in Thailand don't really mean a lot.

No they don't yesterday I was in Doi Mai Salong and I saw a 7 year old riding a motor bike the police didn't take any notice. I hope that if this girl is found responsible that she does some hard jail time, the deceased deserve Justice!

The deceased are deceased and the families are the only ones that now can deserve justice but most would much rather see themselves and their family get something positive from the death in terms of money. Looking up a girl who made a horrendous mistake without knowing anything as to her state of mind or if she has past incidents of recklessness really would serve nobody at this point unless they have a westernized and revengeful nature. We simply just do not know all the facts this soon into things and much of what is being posted is rumors and misinformation to insight people simply because this girl's parent's last name.

Instead of demanding the head of a minor, people should be asking how she came to be behind the wheel and if an adult allowed her to drive knowing her age.

so here we go - dead are dead give me the money? that's what you are suggesting? it's 'positive' to get paid? who cares about justice? what a materialist point of view - shared by many I'm sure but disgusting none-the-less

They just showed a message on Thai TV - she sent from her BB standing beside her heavily damaged car - with the dead body of a woman from the mini van not far from her

- the text she sent was that "she just caused an accident and she is not sure yet how many died" adding "555" at the end of her message - laughing hahaha - after causing 8 other people to die!!

She is either a nutcase or on drugs!

The SMS messages sent by Thais to the TV station where not very flattering!! This is another case of a brainless moron driving around - causing the unnecessary death of others!

They just showed a message on Thai TV - she sent from her BB standing beside her heavily damaged car - with the dead body of a woman from the mini van not far from her

- the text she sent was that "she just caused an accident and she is not sure yet how many died" adding "555" at the end of her message - laughing hahaha - after causing 8 other people to die!!

She is either a nutcase or on drugs!

The SMS messages sent by Thais to the TV station where not very flattering!! This is another case of a brainless moron driving around - causing the unnecessary death of others!

That SMS message has already been found to have come from another girl and not Pear. However, she is clearly on her phone directly after the accident.

Quote from the OP: " They said persons of that age were not entitled to a driver's licence, nor could they be fully subject to criminal and civil liability for deaths and damage." By this logic anyone who is underage for a firearms licence can illegally get a gun and cause untold damage but not be fully responsible :blink:

what is, what is illigally?// dont get it i guess

the blaim should tottaly fall on the parents if she is underage

,i guess youvinilecourt they do not have in thailand?

Money is not justice. Justice is seeing someone deprived of liberty the same way the deceased are deprived of their rights to life. A very horrible mistake was made by allowing "Pear" to drive. "Pear" is responsible, and whoever facilitated it is responsible. It is not acceptable to simply pay a few baht and sweep it all under the rug, although that is what you seem to think is acceptable.

Justice will not be served here, money or no. It is a terrible tragedy that the girl and the family will never be held responsible for their actions which resulted in the deaths of 8 innocent people and serious injuries to several more. The girl and the family should be ashamed of themselves, and Thailand should be shamed in the international media for allowing such a terrible precedent to exist.

Money will not resolve this problem. Nothing will resolve this problem. It is the Thai way at its worst. My heart goes out to the families of the victims who will never receive justice for this horrendous act of criminal negligence.

so here we go - dead are dead give me the money? that's what you are suggesting? it's 'positive' to get paid? who cares about justice? what a materialist point of view - shared by many I'm sure but disgusting none-the-less

Not sure where I suggested anything except that we should wait for the facts to come out.

But if I was one of the dead I would certainly hope something came out of this positive such as my family having a big pay day and would have very little concern about seeing a 16-year old being imprisoned unless she likely posed a future risk to others. In fact, if she is like most 16 year old girls, I hope she gets a lot of help in dealing with this very tragic ACCIDENT she was almost certainly responsible for causing.

Not sure where I suggested anything except that we should wait for the facts to come out.

But if I was one of the dead I would certainly hope something came out of this positive such as my family having a big pay day and would have very little concern about seeing a 16-year old being imprisoned unless she likely posed a future risk to others. In fact, if she is like most 16 year old girls, I hope she gets a lot of help in dealing with this very tragic ACCIDENT she was almost certainly responsible for causing.

Yes Nisa, but an accident caused by CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE. That is the problem which you are ignoring. I don't say off with the girl's head, but both she and the parent who allowed it to happen need to serve time behind bars. Money won't do anything to prevent a tragedy like this from happening again in the future.

Money is not justice. Justice is seeing someone deprived of liberty the same way the deceased are deprived of their rights to life. A very horrible mistake was made by allowing "Pear" to drive. "Pear" is responsible, and whoever facilitated it is responsible. It is not acceptable to simply pay a few baht and sweep it all under the rug, although that is what you seem to think is acceptable.

Justice will not be served here, money or no. It is a terrible tragedy that the girl and the family will never be held responsible for their actions which resulted in the deaths of 8 innocent people and serious injuries to several more. The girl and the family should be ashamed of themselves, and Thailand should be shamed in the international media for allowing such a terrible precedent to exist.

Money will not resolve this problem. Nothing will resolve this problem. It is the Thai way at its worst. My heart goes out to the families of the victims who will never receive justice for this horrendous act of criminal negligence.

Your heart goes out to the victims but you seem to care little about their thoughts and feelings on the situation. If they are like the vast majority of Thais they will not see justice in locking up a 16-year old girl for an ACCIDENT unless other facts come to light and what they will want to see is that the death of their family member was able to help the family in some way. Thankfully is appears this family may be in a position to help the victim's family considerably more than if it was an average Thai who caused the accident.

I agree the ADULT, if one exists, who allowed her to drive the car needs to be punished because as an adult you need to be held to a higher standard and learned your lessons as a minor where in just about every country the are treated MUCH MUCH different. In fact in the US there is no juvenile justice or law to punish minors and all the laws are geared to help them after they have done wrong. Much is considered such as the degree of the crime, prior offences, likely hood to continue down a bad path, performance at home and in school to name a few things. If a crime is so premeditated and horrendous they can charge the minor as an adult but this ACCIDENT would not cause that to happen in the US. In fact, in the US the press would not mention the name of the minor nor would anybody be informed of the outcome of any punishment or charges levied against the minor and all records of any hearing or crime would be sealed.

With the prevalence of the belief in ghosts and if justice is not served

I hope she feels that the piiborb (bad ghosts) will haunt her for a long time.

As ive posted this i've read this below:

"I hope she gets a lot of help in dealing with this very tragic ACCIDENT she was almost certainly responsible for causing"

How about the families of the victims first?

Edited by Tywais
Flame removed

Your heart goes out to the victims but you seem to care little about their thoughts and feelings on the situation. If they are like the vast majority of Thais they will not see justice in locking up a 16-year old girl for an ACCIDENT unless other facts come to light and what they will want to see is that the death of their family member was able to help the family in some way. Thankfully is appears this family may be in a position to help the victim's family considerably more than if it was an average Thai who caused the accident.

I agree the ADULT, if one exists, who allowed her to drive the car needs to be punished because as an adult you need to be held to a higher standard and learned your lessons as a minor where in just about every country the are treated MUCH MUCH different. In fact in the US there is no juvenile justice or law to punish minors and all the laws are geared to help them after they have done wrong. Much is considered such as the degree of the crime, prior offences, likely hood to continue down a bad path, performance at home and in school to name a few things. If a crime is so premeditated and horrendous they can charge the minor as an adult but this ACCIDENT would not cause that to happen in the US. In fact, in the US the press would not mention the name of the minor nor would anybody be informed of the outcome of any punishment or charges levied against the minor and all records of any hearing or crime would be sealed.

See above. Both the girl and the parents need to spend time behind bars for their acts of CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE leading to the accident.

Money can also be paid as part of a civil suit, but criminal charges need to be filed in this case. The girl is not innocent. She was knowingly driving without a license, and 16 is old enough to understand the consequences of that. I don't say give her the electric chair, but she does need a lesson, and jail time is a small price to pay to learn that, given how serious her actions were. Don't be so generous with your sympathy. This girl screwed up bad.

I do have sympathy for the victims, and all the victims in past similar tragedies, and all the victims in future tragedies because certain wealthy people are not held accountable for their actions.

Only criminal charges will make an impact on the families in Thailand that feel they are above the law, and can kill and murder innocent people at their whim, whether intentional or accidentally. "Pear" needs a lesson in life, and so do her parents which facilitated the grizzly scene.

Yes Nisa, but an accident caused by CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE. That is the problem which you are ignoring. I don't say off with the girl's head, but both she and the parent who allowed it to happen need to serve time behind bars. Money won't do anything to prevent a tragedy like this from happening again in the future.

Nothing to say that her going to jail is going to help anything and would likely cause her to become a worse person at societies expense. Compensating the victim's family is a positive. Her going to jail is not going to help the family unless they only want revenge and that is neither a normal Thai or Buddhist attribute to these types of accidents especially caused by a 16-year old girl. There can be no "criminal negligence" on the part of a minor, in most countries, but this certainly could apply to an adult who allowed her to drive. Most minors are negligent by nature and why they are not held to the same level of responsibility as adults. We don't know anything about the kind of person this girl is and what she needs in the form or help to prevent this in the future. What we are seeing is a bunch of people angry over a tragic accident and trying acting emotionally and seeing conspiracies and spreading false information just days after an accident. As I have stated a number of times ... wait for the facts to come out. We should also wait to hear what the people directly effected by this accident have to say and what they would consider justice.

See above. Both the girl and the parents need to spend time behind bars for their acts of CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE leading to the accident.

Money can also be paid as part of a civil suit, but criminal charges need to be filed in this case. The girl is not innocent. She was knowingly driving without a license, and 16 is old enough to understand the consequences of that. I don't say give her the electric chair, but she does need a lesson, and jail time is a small price to pay to learn that, given how serious her actions were. Don't be so generous with your sympathy. This girl screwed up bad.

I do have sympathy for the victims, and all the victims in past similar tragedies, and all the victims in future tragedies because certain wealthy people are not held accountable for their actions.

Only criminal charges will make an impact on the families in Thailand that feel they are above the law, and can kill and murder innocent people at their whim, whether intentional or accidentally. "Pear" needs a lesson in life, and so do her parents which facilitated the grizzly scene.

forget money for Gods sake! 8 lives have been lost - money is irrelevant - you are so materilistically inclined

I don't know a single police family (I don't know a whole lot, but at least 6-7 families and within those families maybe a few dozen kids) whose children are NOT driving before the age of 18. And that's just in Bangkapi and South Pattaya.

:)

"We should also wait to hear what the people directly effected by this accident have to say and what they would consider justice."

?????????????

these are most likely poorer thai people

the chances that they are going to express their true feelings about justice

in light of the hiso family involved

are zero.

Nothing to say that her going to jail is going to help anything

If it really will be ok to pay some compensation without further punishment it will mean to all the rich in this country that if they can pay they can let their children do whatever they want...

If it really will be ok to pay some compensation without further punishment it will mean to all the rich in this country that if they can pay they can let their children do whatever they want...

Or it simply could mean that this is a good girl who made a terrible mistake and nothing would be served by putting a minor behind bars. The laws in all civilized countries see minors as different from adults and most do not have "punishment" for those charged as minors and instead look to see what the minor needs to become a productive adult.

Kids all over the world take their parents cars for joy rides and I don't think any do it thinking they could get into an accident or believing they cannot handle driving. In this circumstance it had tragic consequences but this is why a minor cannot be held to the same standards as an adult (in 99% of cases) because their mind and experiences are just not yet developed. For all we know right now this girl is now locked away in a padded cell sedated to prevent her from taking her own life. Then again she could be driving drunk right now listening to Lady Ga Ga and texting her friends. WE JUST DON'T KNOW the facts here and it is way too soon to be convicting people, to know what future charges may be made against who or deciding what is best for the families let alone understanding the route cause of the accident . For all we know the girl could have had a blow out or been clipped by another car causing her to hit the medium and have the car forced into the van. In this case blaming her for the accident would be similar to the stories of all accident being the farang's fault because if they were not here the accident wouldn't have happened.

Edited by Nisa

CCTV footage looks like a bunch of headlights...

At the 7s mark you can see the vehicles begin to spin as was reported in the Thai press and may have been responsible for flinging some of the bodies from the van.

How about a driver monitor system that records the vehicles speed as well as the drivers behaviour such as bursts of acceleration or excessive braking? Couple that up to a really, REALLY annoying over-speed warning inside the cab and a strobe light outside on the roof (like in Singapore) so that the vigilant Thai traffic cops (I know, I know) have an easier job of catching a speeder BEFORE the inevitable accident? Restrict these vehicles to left and center lanes only?

Where did you get the idea that Singapore cabs have a strobe light on the roof to indicate speeding? They did have a bell inside the taxis before, but it was insufficiently annoying to be effective.

You said cabs, I didn't.

At the 7s mark you can see the vehicles begin to spin as was reported in the Thai press and may have been responsible for flinging some of the bodies from the van.

I looked at it about 3 times and couldn't even see that much. I would ask what direction I should be looking but doesn't sound like there is anything to see. I've seen fake twitter posts and texts and all sorts of supposed before and after conspiracy pics with words and arrows as well as diagrams of what say happened but nobody has bothered to put an arrow on the video to show what we should be looking for when this is the one piece of tangible fact we have.

Getting feedback, and trying to get my head round this money thing thats cropped up---The girl being under age--Nisa

is saying-don,t be harsh regarding the girl-re ACCIDENT, no good having her in the monkey cage, poor thing, daddy may cough up a bit of cash, for the victims, so that will make them feel more comfortable. Girl to be dealt with in the hardest terms the law could allow, daddy pulled over the coals severely, car confiscated, vast amounts of money to be paid out to the people involved, +++++ all the incidental charges that can be brought against the family for allowing the honda to be taken. ( my suggestions are if it,s proven to be the honda drivers fault)

The CCTV footage looks like a bunch of headlights. Hopefully there will be a CGI version that they can overlay it with.

:)

One of the Thai blogs or websites mentioned in the original post has 4 or 5 frames taken from this short video clip. The Honda seems to attempt a pass on the nearside (to left of minibus), misjudged the distance, clips the bus and starts to slide sideways with headlights pointing almost straight at the left-side barrier before both vehicles move out of shot.

If you freeze-frame it, it's the Honda that's going sideways and the van is already out of shot around 7 secs. The reports say it was the vans spinning into the overpass that split the back and ejected the bodies. Notice how the camera really shudders at about 10 seconds. Maybe the cam was mounted on the same structure as the overpass?

Edited by NanLaew

If you freeze-frame it, it's the Honda that's going sideways and the van is already out of shot around 7 secs. The reports say it was the vans spinning into the overpass that split the back and ejected the bodies. Notice how the camera really shudders at about 10 seconds. Maybe the cam was mounted on the same structure as the overpass?

Yes it seems the under age inexperienced girl is at fault... probably on the phone and not paying attention as the van moved lanes. The damage to 'her' car could have been caused by the impact with the barrier not the van... however i cannot believe that someone who has been involved in such a serious crash would then use twitter to post such comments. Obviously a poor taste fake. maybe we should all reserve judgement until the facts come out...if her policeman father did get her only a 400bt fine and help her flee the country then he himself should be in serious trouble... after driving in Thailand for a long time i am surprised we dont get more serious accidents like this. Such a terrible thing to happen over the holiday period. RIP

Or it simply could mean that this is a good girl who made a terrible mistake and nothing would be served by putting a minor behind bars. The laws in all civilized countries see minors as different from adults and most do not have "punishment" for those charged as minors and instead look to see what the minor needs to become a productive adult.

Kids all over the world take their parents cars for joy rides and I don't think any do it thinking they could get into an accident or believing they cannot handle driving. In this circumstance it had tragic consequences but this is why a minor cannot be held to the same standards as an adult (in 99% of cases) because their mind and experiences are just not yet developed. For all we know right now this girl is now locked away in a padded cell sedated to prevent her from taking her own life. Then again she could be driving drunk right now listening to Lady Ga Ga and texting her friends. WE JUST DON'T KNOW the facts here and it is way too soon to be convicting people, to know what future charges may be made against who or deciding what is best for the families let alone understanding the route cause of the accident . For all we know the girl could have had a blow out or been clipped by another car causing her to hit the medium and have the car forced into the van. In this case blaming her for the accident would be similar to the stories of all accident being the farang's fault because if they were not here the accident wouldn't have happened.

Nisa, you are giving this girl way too much credit, and you aren't listening enough to those who are taking the opposite position. Nobody is saying fry the girl, and nobody is saying lock her up for life. But she needs to be deprived of liberty for a short time. She needs to be put in handcuffs, and be afraid that even daddy won't be able to buy her way out of this. If she is remorseful, great, she can serve a short stint. If not, then maybe a longer punishment is in order. But letting her get off scott free with no lock up is irresponsible of society. At 16 you are old enough to understand and accept the consequences of your actions.

What she did is reprehensible. The fact that she probably didn't consider it so bad is irrelevant. When I was 16 in the states, a good friend of mine killed 2 people while playing with a pipe bomb. There was no malice. It didn't go off, and the 4 othem decided to bring it back home to decide what happened. It blew up in the car on the way home. 2 of my friends died. There was no malice there, and they were stupid, but the 2 survivors were still locked up in a real jail cell, and eventually sent to juvenile hall for 6 months for being criminally negligent, among other things. Everyone at my school learned from that experience, not just the 2 who were sent away. And don't go saying juvenile hall is not jail. There is very little difference to those who are locked up.

This girl needs to be locked up. She needs to truly understand how serious her actions were. If she didn't understand before, she will start to understand while she is incarcerated. And when she gets out maybe she'll be a better citizen for it. I know my 2 surviving friends were. And her parents need to be locked up as well for allowing it to happen.

Doing nothing to the girl, and allowing her parents to simply pay a small amount of money, will not help anyone. People involved need to be imprisoned. You do a criminally stupid thing, you need to be locked up and given time to think about how stupid it was. You'll grow up real fast then.

Sadly, we all know this won't happen, and tragedies such as this will continue in the future. Thai teenagers won't learn how serious this criminally negligent action was, and wealthy parents will feel no more responsibility towards the rest of the country than they do today. It will all be swept under the rug.

But you can feel proud Nisa that a token amount of money might be paid to the surviving families. Guess that makes it alright for you. The rest of us know better.